Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Everyone Wish Me Luck  (Read 3766 times)

cyberjoek

Everyone Wish Me Luck
« on: September 28, 2003, 08:04:42 PM »
Why does everyone need to wish me luck?
The ELHS team (which I just got the fourth seat on) are going to be playing QuizBusters on Tuesday!  We're going to play Holt High School in the first round of the tournament.  The episode is planned for first airing on Sat 11/15/03 6:00 PM.
-Joe Kavanagh

PeterMarshallFan

Everyone Wish Me Luck
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2003, 08:07:31 PM »
Nice.

Good luck!

Matt Ottinger

Everyone Wish Me Luck
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2003, 08:11:03 PM »
Well, not EVERYBODY can wish you luck.  Except in that vague, general \"good luck to our players\" sort of way.  But if you see any Groucho questions come up, you'll know where they came from....

[Disclaimer:  That's a joke.]
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Fedya

Everyone Wish Me Luck
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2003, 08:19:54 PM »
Joe Kavanagh wrote:
The ELHS team (which I just got the fourth seat on) are going to be playing QuizBusters on Tuesday!

If you're a good enough player, you shouldn't need luck.  :-p

Matt Ottinger wrote:
Well, not EVERYBODY can wish you luck. Except in that vague, general \"good luck to our players\" sort of way.

You could always let players rub your bald head for good luck!  :-)

(Back to watching tapes of MG '98 for me....)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2003, 08:20:17 PM by Fedya »
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at <a href=\"http://justacineast.blogspot.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://justacineast.blogspot.com/[/url]

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

cyberjoek

Everyone Wish Me Luck
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2003, 12:05:40 AM »
[quote name=\'Fedya\' date=\'Sep 28 2003, 07:19 PM\']Joe Kavanagh wrote:
The ELHS team (which I just got the fourth seat on) are going to be playing QuizBusters on Tuesday!

If you're a good enough player, you shouldn't need luck.  :-p
[/quote]

We need luck so that our bonus catagories aren't \"French Lit\" \"Ballet\" \"Great Welders of the 17th Century\" or \"Machine Code Translations\" (and the pop quiz isn't \"qzw\") :-)
-Joe Kavanagh

Note: I have no advance knowledge of the questions/catagories to be asked about, so team Holt if your reading this and any of the catagories comes up I didn't know, it was a lucky guess (though I think we know all three famous 17th century welders :-)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2003, 01:13:58 AM by cyberjoek »

Fedya

Everyone Wish Me Luck
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2003, 12:24:09 AM »
Joe Kavanagh wrote:
We need luck so that our bonus catagories aren't \"French Lit\" \"Ballet\" \"Great Welders of the 17th Century\" or \"Machine Code Translations\"

I presume Matt & Co. have been writing questions long enough to have a good idea of what high school students should know, so it's your own fault if you don't know enough about French Lit or ballet.  :-p
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at <a href=\"http://justacineast.blogspot.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://justacineast.blogspot.com/[/url]

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

Dan Sadro

Everyone Wish Me Luck
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2003, 12:33:34 AM »
[quote name=\'Fedya\' date=\'Sep 29 2003, 11:24 PM\'] I presume Matt & Co. have been writing questions long enough to have a good idea of what high school students should know, so it's your own fault if you don't know enough about French Lit or ballet.  :-p [/quote]
 Precisely.  So brush up on the Famous 17th Century Welders already!

Timsterino

Everyone Wish Me Luck
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2003, 01:07:24 AM »
Good luck!

Tim :-)

BTW Matt, is your show on any other PBS stations besides Michigan?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2003, 01:12:46 AM by Timsterino »

Matt Ottinger

Everyone Wish Me Luck
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2003, 01:53:18 AM »
Nope, but if you've got one of those cool DSL lines or cable modems or whatever it is that make the internet go whoosh zippity fast, you can watch an episode on our website www.wkar.org

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to come up with some SIXTEENTH century welder questions for tomorrow.  Can't let Joe think he has an advantage or anything.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Robert Hutchinson

Everyone Wish Me Luck
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2003, 02:55:10 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Sep 30 2003, 12:53 AM\']Nope, but if you've got one of those cool DSL lines or cable modems or whatever it is that make the internet go whoosh zippity fast, you can watch an episode on our website www.wkar.org[/quote]
Just to make sure the audience isn't limited, my (current, hopefully soon to change) 56K connection usually is enough to make the shows watchable.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

joelvanderveen

Everyone Wish Me Luck
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2003, 05:59:39 PM »
Watched part of the first show of your 15th season... quite impressive for local TV, as far as I can tell.

cyberjoek

Everyone Wish Me Luck
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2003, 09:59:31 PM »
I've posted in show summeries a review of our game, thanks Matt!
-Joe Kavanagh