Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Classic Concentration premiere episode question  (Read 1864 times)

HYHYBT

Classic Concentration premiere episode question
« on: January 19, 2008, 12:15:21 AM »
At the end, Alex says something like "gotta go, same two players tomorrow, bye!" and that's it. Does anyone know whether the other player really was brought back, and why? They hadn't yet brought in the second chance policy.

(I know there has to be a link to this episode somewhere under "Video and Audio Clips" but I can't find it.)
"If you ask me to repeat this I'm gonna punch you right in the nose" -- Geoff Edwards, Play the Percentages

Kniwt

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 01:31:48 AM »
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ETR-hzqpapI

Watch it right here, and see.  Yes, in the interrupted game, both players returned.

HYHYBT

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 12:42:45 AM »
Thank you for the link and partial answer; I was expecting no replies. Your link may have been where I saw it to wonder about in the first place. Do you happen to know why they would bring her back? There didn't seem to be anything unusual about the game at all, unless you count either her giving a partial answer (which happened pretty often) or time running out (almost every show, if I remember rightly), neither of which would have done it.
"If you ask me to repeat this I'm gonna punch you right in the nose" -- Geoff Edwards, Play the Percentages

tvwxman

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 08:05:10 AM »
[quote name=\'HYHYBT\' post=\'176542\' date=\'Jan 29 2008, 12:42 AM\']
Thank you for the link and partial answer; I was expecting no replies. Your link may have been where I saw it to wonder about in the first place. Do you happen to know why they would bring her back? There didn't seem to be anything unusual about the game at all, unless you count either her giving a partial answer (which happened pretty often) or time running out (almost every show, if I remember rightly), neither of which would have done it.
[/quote]
If the bell rang to signify time running out, it was declared "an interruptted game". As a result, both players would come back. The rule was, you had to lose a full game to exit the premises.

Flawed, but fair. This format didn't last long, maybe a year at best?
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

HYHYBT

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 05:12:42 AM »
Strange! Thanks. Though I guess it's not really stranger than their later on requiring you either to win the car or to lose a second game.