Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wheel of Fortune red $300 wedge  (Read 2533 times)

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
Wheel of Fortune red $300 wedge
« on: December 29, 2007, 12:29:43 AM »
While I'm still reeling over recently seeing a prize wedge that wasn't a trip (it was a $5,000 Michael C. Fina gift certificate), I'm reminded to post about something I've noticed this season.

While watching the wheel spin in various shots, I've noticed that it looks like the yellow $400 that hosts the Big Money wedge in round three is raised ever so slightly above its neighboring wedges when it's just a yellow $400. So I assume that whatever is under there to make the Big Money wedge light up and change is just a little taller than where the surrounding wedges lie.

But unless my eyes are deceiving me, it looks like the red $300 that's on the exact opposite side of the wheel is also raised in the same way as that yellow $400. That wedge never holds anything that lights up and blinks, so what would they need to hide under there? The only thing I could think of is ballast to balance out the Big Money paraphernalia, but since the wheel itself is so heavy (and horizontal), it doesn't seem like a slight imbalance would matter.

Does anybody have any ideas?

--
Scott Robinson

Kevin Prather

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 12:38:51 AM »
I imagine it's just to equalize the wheel. Sure it's a big wheel, but even the slightest bias in the wheel could cause a potential S&P nightmare.

Tony Peters

• Here is your first subject. GO!
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 02:35:43 PM »
That would also explain why they don't put the movable "Bankrupt" there anymore, I think.
Sometimes I find myself missing the days when cats ruled the internet...