Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Television Production Music Museum  (Read 14875 times)

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Television Production Music Museum
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 05:43:10 PM »
Do we have any further evidence that this is a legitimate operation, and not a fan-created site attempting to look more legitimate than it actually is?

I did a little homework, and I'm not sure, myself. (Though I'm pretty sure he's a lurker here, and certainly welcome to speak up.)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 06:14:48 PM »
Given the material he has access to, I'm inclined to think it's someone on "the inside" rather than a fanb0i who got some 27th-generation VHS airchecks off of WHIZ-TV in Zanesville, Ohio.

http://www.whiznews.com/tv/
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 06:18:54 PM by chris319 »

Scrabbleship

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 06:20:29 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' post=\'175024\' date=\'Jan 15 2008, 06:14 PM\']
Given the material he has access to, I'm inclined to think it's someone on "the inside" rather than a fanb0i who got a 27th-generation VHS aircheck off of WHIZ-TV in Zanesville, Ohio.

http://www.whiznews.com/tv/
[/quote]

I seriously lol'd at this line.

And what about the fanb0i who got a 33d-generation VHS aircheck off of KNOP-TV in North Platte, Nebraska?

/Double score for anyone who gets the significance of said station.

johnnyd1788

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 06:23:35 PM »
I agree with Chris. Wherever the material came from, it wasn't from home recordings, with the quality as great as the masters. And also the amount of cues from each show is big. I think the demo to Mark Goodson for Classic Concentration says this person could be close the people, at the very least. I'd say this is a legitimate thing that is run like the Catholic League.

Well, possibly. ;)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 06:28:17 PM by johnnyd1788 »

joshg

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 06:38:49 PM »
I highly recommend the Classic Concentration section...

OMG!!!

Josh
Because Chiffon Wrinkles...

clemon79

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008, 06:43:07 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' post=\'175024\' date=\'Jan 15 2008, 03:14 PM\']
Given the material he has access to, I'm inclined to think it's someone on "the inside" rather than a fanb0i who got some 27th-generation VHS airchecks off of WHIZ-TV in Zanesville, Ohio.
[/quote]
Not saying your wrong, but you would think that someone on "the inside" would know better than to claim that the stuff featured on the site was "believed to be in the public domain."

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008, 06:43:52 PM »
And what about the fanb0i who got a 33d-generation VHS aircheck off of KNOP-TV in North Platte, Nebraska?
Not as bad as the maroons who post YouTube clips captured by pointing a webcam at a TV set playing back said 33rd-generation VHS aircheck. Chris Lemon and I are going to descend on these people's houses with hammers and smash their hard drives to itty bits.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2008, 06:47:27 PM »
Not saying your wrong, but you would think that someone on "the inside" would know better than to claim that the stuff featured on the site was "believed to be in the public domain."
Have you read the paragraph after paragraph of legal disclaimers on this site? Besides, what fanb0i would know about a composer married to a famous singer/composer and the ensuing destruction of sheet music and tapes? This ain't no fanb0i operation, IMPO*.

*In My Professional Opinion
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 06:50:37 PM by chris319 »

dzinkin

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2008, 06:50:49 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' post=\'175033\' date=\'Jan 15 2008, 06:43 PM\']
Not as bad as the maroons who post YouTube clips captured by pointing a webcam at a TV set playing back said 33rd-generation VHS aircheck. Chris Lemon and I are going to descend on these people's houses with hammers and smash their hard drives to itty bits.
[/quote]
No, you're not.

Not with just a hammer, anyway.  I want you to be absolutely sure that nothing can be recovered.

/Webcam-pointed-at-TV clips suck

comicus

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2008, 06:54:57 PM »
[quote name=\'joshg\' post=\'175031\' date=\'Jan 15 2008, 06:38 PM\']
I highly recommend the Classic Concentration section...
[/quote]
I get all the Concentration '73 cues, and I see the track listing for Classic Concentration, but don't see them anywhere in the player.  Am I missing something, or are they just not there?

clemon79

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2008, 06:57:07 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' post=\'175034\' date=\'Jan 15 2008, 03:47 PM\']
Have you read the paragraph after paragraph of legal disclaimers on this site?
[/quote]
I have indeed. That is exactly where I found the above quote, which is why I found it so curious.

I'm not saying you're wrong at all, but that's still a weird claim to make.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2008, 07:05:14 PM »
that's still a weird claim to make
Well, we're not copyright attorneys so neither of us is qualified to say. If you want me to go to the trouble, I can look up the BMI attorney who was a contestant on my production of Match Game at the last Congreff and ask him. Whoever is behind this clearly had the sense to hire a lawyer and do the necessary legal a** covering. When it comes to music, there is a tremendous amount of legal stuff going on behind the scenes that we outsiders are not privy to.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 07:07:56 PM by chris319 »

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2008, 07:05:40 PM »
As I basically said in another thread, I'm of the mind that this is just another collector, though certainly one with slightly better-than-average access to material, possibly because he's managed to get a professional or two to take his "museum" seriously.  In other words, on the professionalism scale, I think this is someone a lot closer to Jamie Locklin than Edd Kalehoff.  

I would wonder why an real insider would have any interest in posting a site like this, especially without identifying himself.  A pro would probably be doing a little better job about assigning copyright too, and not be so quick to play the "public domain" card like so many collectors do. Also, given the wealth of game show musical history out there, this is an oddly eclectic and spotty collection.  Not that there aren't some wonderful pieces, clips that obviously came from professional sources, but a 'museum' run by any kind of insider would be larger and wouldn't be made up primarily of stuff that collectors find rare.  An insider wouldn't know or care what we have.  This guy's just trying to show off.  And to be fair, doing a pretty good job of it.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2008, 07:10:02 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' post=\'175038\' date=\'Jan 15 2008, 07:05 PM\']
Whoever is behind this clearly had the sense to hire a lawyer and do the necessary legal a** covering. [/quote]
Nope.  Whoever is behind this clearly cut and pasted this.  I imagine if I tried harder, I'd find other copyright language stolen from other sites. (Is that irony?  I'm no longer sure.)  This one took me about a minute.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 07:11:50 PM by Matt Ottinger »
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.