Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Real Time in HD  (Read 2974 times)

Terry K

Real Time in HD
« on: January 20, 2008, 03:02:33 PM »
Noting that Real Time is now in HD this go around and still produced at CBS has me wondering how much longer it will be before TPIR shows up in HD?  

(It has been my understanding that Maher's show is done at 33/Barker, so I gotta ask)

I asked this question a year or so and was told the studio would need extensive work to be used for HD, and unless Maher has moved to another studio...we have a winner!

Thoughts?

Kevin Prather

Real Time in HD
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 03:10:23 PM »
The extensive work isn't necessarily technical. All the pricing games, and all set elements, for that matter, would need to be repainted, and some rebuilt. Some of those games are 20 years old. They wouldn't look good in HD.

LA the DJ

Real Time in HD
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 03:26:20 PM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' post=\'175602\' date=\'Jan 20 2008, 03:10 PM\']
All the pricing games, and all set elements, for that matter, would need to be repainted, and some rebuilt. Some of those games are 20 years old. They wouldn't look good in HD.
[/quote]

I was saying recently that some of the pricing games look like they could use a new paint job/redesign anyhow. With the design scheme of the show in general changing from what has always been a warm color palette (reddish hues)  to a generally cold color palette (bluish hues), some of the games now seem to clash with the backgrounds.
Help control the moron population, if you know a moron, kick him in a strategic location.

uncamark

Real Time in HD
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 12:37:14 PM »
[quote name=\'Terry K\' post=\'175601\' date=\'Jan 20 2008, 02:02 PM\']
Noting that Real Time is now in HD this go around and still produced at CBS has me wondering how much longer it will be before TPIR shows up in HD?  

(It has been my understanding that Maher's show is done at 33/Barker, so I gotta ask)

I asked this question a year or so and was told the studio would need extensive work to be used for HD, and unless Maher has moved to another studio...we have a winner![/quote]

It looks to me like they're in another studio.  I don't think I see the aisles where they are in 33 when they do audience shots and it doesn't look like Maher's on a stage platform.

They'll probably go back to 33 when that studio's converted (you get spoiled when you have 300 people sitting in your audience), but from all visual indications they're elsewhere at TV City.

I'm more concerned that the nimrods who were screaming from the audience on Leno the other night about Jack Donaghy and the Sheinhardt Wig Company keeping Dennis Kucinich off of an MSNBC debate followed Bill to TV City last Friday night (the show's not on VOD and I'll get to it).

J.R.

Real Time in HD
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 01:19:32 PM »
Is TPIR now the only show that tapes at Studio 33 or are there other shows that share the stage too?
-Joe Raygor

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
Real Time in HD
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 01:25:52 PM »
Bill Maher is in fact taping in 33. The switcher was recently upgraded and the cameras have been ready for a while.

No other shows besides those two regularly tape in 33 right now, though it's occasionally used for special events.

--
Scott Robinson

J.R.

Real Time in HD
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2008, 01:31:19 PM »
[quote name=\'MSTieScott\' post=\'175758\' date=\'Jan 21 2008, 12:25 PM\']No other shows besides those two regularly tape in 33 right now, though it's occasionally used for special events.[/quote]
Thanks for the info. :-)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 01:31:28 PM by JRaygor »
-Joe Raygor

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Real Time in HD
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2008, 03:06:31 PM »
The extensive work isn't necessarily technical. All the pricing games, and all set elements, for that matter, would need to be repainted, and some rebuilt. Some of those games are 20 years old. They wouldn't look good in HD
That and there is no longer an octogenarian standing in front of the camera (though I saw him just weeks ago without makeup and he looks pretty darn decent).

[quote name=\'MSTieScott\' post=\'175758\' date=\'Jan 21 2008, 10:25 AM\']
Bill Maher is in fact taping in 33. The switcher was recently upgraded and the cameras have been ready for a while.

No other shows besides those two regularly tape in 33 right now, though it's occasionally used for special events.

--
Scott Robinson
[/quote]
SCOTT!!! You're here!!! (MODERATOR JUMPS FOR JOY)

Terry K

Real Time in HD
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2008, 03:59:56 AM »
[quote name=\'nWo_Whammy\' post=\'175603\' date=\'Jan 20 2008, 04:26 PM\']

I was saying recently that some of the pricing games look like they could use a new paint job/redesign anyhow. With the design scheme of the show in general changing from what has always been a warm color palette (reddish hues)  to a generally cold color palette (bluish hues), some of the games now seem to clash with the backgrounds.
[/quote]

It would seem to me like the Blue Hues are a transition to HD.  Most of the stuff I've seen produced in HD is on a blue set of some kind, so this makes perfecct sense.

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
Real Time in HD
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2008, 01:39:12 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' post=\'175771\' date=\'Jan 21 2008, 03:06 PM\']SCOTT!!! You're here!!! (MODERATOR JUMPS FOR JOY)[/quote]
That's surprising? Is there a hit out on me that I don't know about? Should I not turn on my car tomorrow morning?

--
Scott Robinson

(I had nothing to do with the Shop Clock! I swear!)

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Real Time in HD
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2008, 01:54:45 PM »
It would seem to me like the Blue Hues are a transition to HD. Most of the stuff I've seen produced in HD is on a blue set of some kind
HD works with all the colors of the rainbow. No need for TPIR or any show to go all blue.