Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Fremantle's Best  (Read 4051 times)

The Pyramids

Fremantle's Best
« on: January 21, 2008, 05:22:59 PM »
Theres not a lot to choose from here but who do you think is the best host Freemantle has given us in the last ten or so years?

I say John O'Hurley hands down, although there are some others worth mentioning.

tpirfan28

Fremantle's Best
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 05:26:35 PM »
Drew Carey.

/are you expecting the answer "Rossi Moreale"?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 05:27:09 PM by tpirfan28 »
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

xavier45

Fremantle's Best
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 05:35:29 PM »
Rossi Moreale! J/K;)

I would have to agree with Drew. John does come in a close second though.

Hastin

Fremantle's Best
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 06:01:14 PM »
Come on, where's the "lots of love" for Rossi? In fact, I know he's my dream host. ;)

If this is going to be a total host package (and not just looks), I'd say it's a tossup between Drew and John. Both have this "Look a gameshow is suppose to fun!" attitude, and both keep their shows fresh and interesting. Additonal bonus points for Drew, as he had big shoes to fill. Anything was an improvement from Karn, so John doesn't get the points for that one.
-Hastin :)

Jimmy Owen

Fremantle's Best
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 06:48:39 PM »
Does Ryan Seacrest count?  He handles hosting and live situations well and has become a household name through his Fremantle show.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Fremantle's Best
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 07:13:31 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'175800\' date=\'Jan 21 2008, 03:48 PM\']
Does Ryan Seacrest count?  He handles hosting and live situations well and has become a household name through his Fremantle show.
[/quote]
I'd count him. I was looking for a loophole that would let me get Tom Bergeron in there, but I couldn't find one.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

tpirfan28

Fremantle's Best
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2008, 07:16:21 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'175800\' date=\'Jan 21 2008, 06:48 PM\']
Does Ryan Seacrest count?  He handles hosting and live situations well and has become a household name through his Fremantle show.
[/quote]
I completely misread the question...I thought it said best "game" show host when it clearly said best "host".  Since that's the case, it's definitely Ryan, then Drew in my book.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

Speedy G

Fremantle's Best
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2008, 07:36:31 PM »
I completely misread the question...I thought it said best "game" show host when it clearly said best "host".
ObClick: Ryan Seacrest DID host Click, y'know.  I think that means he qualifies.

/Do you then turn around and DQ him for Gladiators 2000?
Solar-powered flashlight, hour 4 of the Today show, the Purple Parrots.  *rips open envelope, blows into it*

The Pyramids

Fremantle's Best
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2008, 07:40:03 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'175805\' date=\'Jan 21 2008, 08:16 PM\']
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'175800\' date=\'Jan 21 2008, 06:48 PM\']
[/quote]
I completely misread the question...I thought it said best "game" show host when it clearly said best "host".  Since that's the case, it's definitely Ryan, then Drew in my book.
[/quote]

I had game shows in mind but you can make a good case for Ryans inclusion.

Others worth mentioning are Todd Newton and Michael Burger.

TenPoundHammer

Fremantle's Best
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2008, 07:55:31 PM »
[quote name=\'Hastin\' post=\'175794\' date=\'Jan 21 2008, 06:01 PM\']If this is going to be a total host package (and not just looks), I'd say it's a tossup between Drew and John. Both have this "Look a gameshow is suppose to fun!" attitude, and both keep their shows fresh and interesting. Additonal bonus points for Drew, as he had big shoes to fill. Anything was an improvement from Karn, so John doesn't get the points for that one.
[/quote]

I agree with you on all counts here. Drew definitely makes TPIR feel fun again, and he doesn't act cranky like Ezekiel Bob did at times. Now if only Rich would put at least a little more oomph into those "come on down"s again; he's getting nearly as bad as Rod sometimes.

As for O'Hurley, I agree that almost anyone could've hosted Feud better than Karn (heck, even me -- and I'm 20 years old, and shorter than Combs). O'Hurley maintains the right level of class, enthusiasm, and humor, even if he seems a touch on the theatrical side now and then.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Fremantle's Best
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2008, 09:29:17 PM »
[quote name=\'Speedy G\' post=\'175807\' date=\'Jan 21 2008, 04:36 PM\']ObClick: Ryan Seacrest DID host Click, y'know.  I think that means he qualifies.[/quote]Certainly not for Click, which was a Griffin production. I would include him in the upper pantheon of hosts in general for his stewardship of American Idol, though.
Travis L. Eberle

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Fremantle's Best
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2008, 11:16:51 PM »
[quote name=\'PaulD\' post=\'175808\' date=\'Jan 21 2008, 07:40 PM\']
Others worth mentioning are Todd Newton and Michael Burger.[/quote]Well, at least he didn't say Pat Bullard.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

BrandonFG

Fremantle's Best
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2008, 11:21:11 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'175825\' date=\'Jan 21 2008, 11:16 PM\']
[quote name=\'PaulD\' post=\'175808\' date=\'Jan 21 2008, 07:40 PM\']
Others worth mentioning are Todd Newton and Michael Burger.[/quote]Well, at least he didn't say Pat Bullard.
[/quote]
Well...I thought Burger did all right, given the clusterfrick going on around him. Todd Newton, who does perfectly fine in other formats, IMO, was a product of the Fremantle system completely missing the point of what made 80s PYL so exciting.

Honestly, it wouldn't be fair to slam even Bullard, considering the format itself is what stunk. When you look at it like that, the show automatically brings even the finest hosts down.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Jay Temple

Fremantle's Best
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2008, 12:25:47 AM »
Seacrest > O'Hurley, because Seacrest has the more daunting job.
O'Hurley > Drew, at least until Drew's logged enough hours to make a more valid comparison.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

superstar

Fremantle's Best
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2008, 08:22:26 PM »
What about Regis on the upcoming Million Dollar Password