Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Trivial Pursuit Pilot Photo  (Read 4614 times)

Matt Ottinger

Trivial Pursuit Pilot Photo
« on: January 24, 2008, 11:05:34 PM »
Didn't know if anybody had seen this yet, but Debmar-Mercury had an insert in this week's B&C magazine touting their syndicated offerings, and included a pic of Trivial Pursuit, which I now present for your edification.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

tyshaun1

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 12:55:21 AM »
Lord....... please bless us with a game show that is not afraid to use a bright set. Amen.

Tyshaun

BrandonFG

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 01:04:24 AM »
Two observations...don't affect my hopes for the show, but stood out.

1. I don't know why, but that set looks somewhat cheap, even for a pilot. Does it affect my opinion of the show? Not at all, but it's just an observation. Then again, I just realized Debmar-Mercury might not be working with a Wheel-sized budget either...so strike this one for now.

2. Not feeling the mood lighting and audience pit set for a board game, either.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 01:08:37 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'176200\' date=\'Jan 25 2008, 01:04 AM\']Not feeling the mood lighting and audience pit set for a board game, either.[/quote]
Mood lighting, no.  Audience pit, maybe.  If there's one game where the whole theatre-in-the-round setting would fit, Trivial Pursuit might be it.

Again, only a pilot.
This signature is currently under construction.

Allstar87

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 01:31:55 AM »
I personally think the 1993 Trivial Pursuit set could work for this version. It fit the mood of the board game, and looked great, to boot.

They could even keep the three podiums and the big monitor for the categories; would also work with the "America's Team" thingy they're doing here.

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 04:33:12 AM »
The set looks rather cheap.  I'm sure they'll "touch it up a bit" by the time the show goes into full series mode.  The monitor's nice & big.  If only they go by the 1993 rules except the podiums look like the wedges have whole slices instead of being split into 2 pieces.

entguy1

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 01:06:48 PM »
Who's the host? I don't remember seeing anything about who's emceeing.

BrandonFG

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 01:08:21 PM »
[quote name=\'entguy1\' post=\'176668\' date=\'Jan 30 2008, 01:06 PM\']
[/quote]
Mark L. Walberg.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

MisterBlue

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2008, 05:12:01 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'176669\' date=\'Jan 30 2008, 01:08 PM\'] [quote name=\'entguy1\' post=\'176668\' date=\'Jan 30 2008, 01:06 PM\']
[/quote]
Mark L. Walberg. [/quote]

Well, that's one plus so far. :p

Neumms

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2008, 05:43:17 PM »
Given that even the board game isn't what it used to be, I guess the boring set shouldn't come as a surprise. But geez, without the Trivial Pursuit board being somewhat involved, aren't we basically dealing with the Joker's Wild without the fun part?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 05:43:51 PM by Neumms »

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2008, 10:37:04 PM »
I think a remake of the 1993 set would be much better, especially in terms of ambiance. Not to mention, I hope this vehicle fares better for Mark this time around.

(and from the look of the picture: You know, judging from the lady in the "big-honkin-monitor," she has the look where she might look like she is about to burn the contestants to a crisp.)

tvrandywest

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2008, 01:21:21 AM »
[quote name=\'Strikerz04\' post=\'176703\' date=\'Jan 30 2008, 07:37 PM\']
I think a remake of the 1993 set would be much better, especially in terms of ambiance. Not to mention, I hope this vehicle fares better for Mark this time around.[/quote]
FYI, Mark has not signed to host the series as yet. It's a matter of scheduling around his other committments. And I love hearing everything good about that 1993 version of TP. It was a fun show to work.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

BrandonFG

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2008, 01:28:39 AM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' post=\'176716\' date=\'Jan 31 2008, 01:21 AM\']
It was a fun show to work.
[/quote]
Fun show to watch as well. I think it would've worked better as a standalone show, though, and without the interactive qualifying round.

But for a low-budget cable game, I thought it made for an excellent board game adaptation. Everything about the show meshed well, the music, the set, the host. (*sigh*)

And I agree with the idea of revamping the 1993 set. It would still look very classy with the gold...just switch out that green chase lighting.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 01:29:28 AM by fostergray82 »

uncamark

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2008, 04:02:14 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' post=\'176716\' date=\'Jan 31 2008, 12:21 AM\']
I think a remake of the 1993 set would be much better, especially in terms of ambiance. Not to mention, I hope this vehicle fares better for Mark this time around.[/quote]
FYI, Mark has not signed to host the series as yet. It's a matter of scheduling around his other committments. [/quote]

Another reason we can all hope that "Moment of Truth" burns out fast.  :)

And poor Walberg yesterday on "The Morning Show with Mike and Juliet"--he was on camera for about 20 seconds before they went to an audience member playing "Moment of Truth" with the polygraph operator from the show in the role of Female Robot Voice and Jarrick and Huddy asking the questions.  I can only hope he got his scale for the gig.

At least it's consistent with how they've been treating celeb guests lately--they bring them out at 9:54, run the clip, ask them one question and then dump them out before the last break and the wrapup for the day.  The first guest on Regis can run out into the limo, perhaps zoom down Sixth Avenue to the News Corp. building and do both shows live in the same day, while Mike and Juliet are doing their umpteenth segment on sex and/or Internet abusers.

Don Howard

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2008, 05:56:41 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' post=\'176716\' date=\'Jan 31 2008, 01:21 AM\']
FYI, Mark has not signed to host the series as yet. It's a matter of scheduling around his other committments. And I love hearing everything good about that 1993 version of TP. It was a fun show to work.
[/quote]
Speaking of which, will this version have the same announcer as the 1993 edition?
Or will this be one of those, "I'm [name of host]. This is Trivial Pursuit". Cue the theme (ten seconds of the same measures in an endless loop) followed by the emcee saying, "Welcome to the show".
It is good to see there's actually an audience there.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 05:59:26 PM by Don Howard »