Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Canada: Paquet Voleur to be a "huge hit"  (Read 6300 times)

MikeK

• Martha!
Canada: Paquet Voleur to be a "huge hit"
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2007, 04:37:15 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'169014\' date=\'Nov 7 2007, 04:16 PM\']It's likely not. WMM blows dog performance-wise, even on good machines.[/quote]
Of course WMM blows dog...?  (A lovely Lemonism if I ever saw one.)  While performing a quick render on WMM  on the new machine, it's clear you get what you pay for, considering WMM comes with WinXP and Vista.  It's been 5 minutes since I started the WMM render and I'm still at a "estimating time remaining" screen.  Cripes, I could've gone to Home Depot, bought all the supplies needed to make the set props, recreated the set of this show, gotten a half dozen friends to reenact the scene, and have the edited video on YouTube before the damn "estimating time remaining" message goes away.  Nero could've handled a video three times as long by now.

In short, I retract my comment from earlier.  I had not tried WMM on this PC nor did I have plans to try WMM on this machine since I have a much better video editor/creator.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 04:38:45 PM by MikeK »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2007, 04:45:33 PM »
Right. It's fine for free and if you don't know better, but if you do, you need Nero and/or Premiere Elements at the minimum if you want to do anything remotely serious.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Neumms

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2007, 06:52:33 PM »
[quote name=\'MikeK\' post=\'169019\' date=\'Nov 7 2007, 04:37 PM\']
Nero could've handled a video three times as long by now.
[/quote]

I thought you were using the name of the emperor for a nicely obscure metaphor. I didn't realize Nero was a alternative program. Just a little chuckle there for us computer ignorant.

Blaq

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2008, 08:13:03 AM »
No-spoiler alert: this week's Paquet Voleur winner will be... Jean Coutu.

Jean Coutu drugstores are a staple in Québec. Their current ad campaign involves various people bearing the same name as the chain's founder -- like the little boy inching up to a bank teller to open his first account, who winds up courted in a vast boardroom by the bank's top executives eager to have "Jean Coutu" as a client.

As part of its ad campaign, the drugstore chain bought itself some big-time product placement: this week, all 8 contestants on Paquet Voleur will be named Jean Coutu! This is product placement at its most organic: while the client's name will be plastered over all contestant podiums, and pronounced repeatedly throughout the hour-long show, not a single element will be different from a regular episode of Paquet Voleur. The rules will be the same, the money amounts, everything.

Personally, I like this lighthearted wink.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2008, 01:41:15 PM »
[quote name=\'Blaq\' post=\'178420\' date=\'Feb 21 2008, 05:13 AM\']
Personally, I like this lighthearted wink.
[/quote]
I think it's incredibly slimy, myself.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2008, 07:57:52 PM »
[quote name=\'Blaq\' post=\'178420\' date=\'Feb 21 2008, 08:13 AM\']
As part of its ad campaign, the drugstore chain bought itself some big-time product placement: this week, all 8 contestants on Paquet Voleur will be named Jean Coutu!
[/quote]
The idea has a little bit of novelty, but I think this will just make for bad television.
Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com