Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Drew Peterson...  (Read 3284 times)

uncamark

Drew Peterson...
« on: January 29, 2008, 06:21:11 PM »
If you thought Roger Clemons was wacky, TMZ says that the alleged murderer wants to *go on* the show to clear his name, after turning down offers for polygraph tests--oh yeah, I don't think the winnings are going to charity if he gets on:

http://www.tmz.com/2008/01/29/moment-of-tr...catch-a-killer/

tpirfan28

Drew Peterson...
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 06:25:35 PM »
Ok...I found Roger Clemens going on the show to be a little out there, but within the "common sense" of possibility.  This is just stupid.

Jesus.

/Millon-Dollar Password, prime-time TPIR, anything
//just not this crap.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 06:26:47 PM by tpirfan28 »
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

BrandonFG

Drew Peterson...
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 06:26:37 PM »
I wtf'd.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Drew Peterson...
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 06:41:56 PM »
And with sweeps starting.

That sound you hear is Fox spooing all over themselves.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
Drew Peterson...
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 07:23:56 PM »
Oh. Dear. God.

/ Now think what happens if/when he gets it wrong?
// Chicago media hasn't given him a break at all, so I don't know what to really think
/// Nor do I care.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 07:25:11 PM by Strikerz04 »

Kevin Prather

Drew Peterson...
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2008, 07:40:53 PM »
Seems like this is the sort of thing that led to the cancellation of the show in another country (I can't remember which.) A woman won the top prize by admitting that she hired a hit man to kill her husband.

J.R.

Drew Peterson...
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2008, 08:00:13 PM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' post=\'176612\' date=\'Jan 29 2008, 06:40 PM\']Seems like this is the sort of thing that led to the cancellation of the show in another country (I can't remember which.) A woman won the top prize by admitting that she hired a hit man to kill her husband.[/quote]
Colombia

Hope that helps. :-)
-Joe Raygor

tpirfan28

Drew Peterson...
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2008, 08:54:05 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'176608\' date=\'Jan 29 2008, 06:41 PM\']
That sound you hear is Fox spooing all over themselves.
[/quote]
Yeah...I think it's more like a Spooing+.  Yer talking about the network who has Idol+House (joyrigged the system for THAT one) on Tuesday, Idol+Truth on Wednesday, and 5th Grader/Lyrics on Thursday.  IIRC only Idol and House were active at this time last year (plus 24 too).  So, yeah...they're doing much better.  The network is gonna be a ratings juggernaut for the next month.

/but NBC will find out if My Dad is Better than Your Dad!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 08:54:30 PM by tpirfan28 »
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

DrBear

Drew Peterson...
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2008, 10:08:13 PM »
If this fiasco goes on for any length of time, expect them to invite the presidential candidates next. Can we all just agree this is a blatant publicity grab and walk away?
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

scottua1

Drew Peterson...
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2008, 07:04:35 AM »
[quote name=\'DrBear\' post=\'176620\' date=\'Jan 29 2008, 11:08 PM\']
If this fiasco goes on for any length of time, expect them to invite the presidential candidates next. Can we all just agree this is a blatant publicity grab and walk away?
[/quote]
Except that, according to what I've read, FOX didn't reach out to Peterson - he contacted them about going on the show. And since FOX hasn't commented yet, I'd say that it's a publicity grab on his part, not FOX's.

/The Clemens thing was FOX's doing, though.
//Imagine that "special 2-hour event"
///O.J., anyone?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 07:04:55 AM by scottua1 »

Sodboy13

Drew Peterson...
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2008, 03:02:01 PM »
For those of you outside of Chicago not following this case closely, this is definitely par for the course for this idiot and his idiot attorney, Joel Brodsky.  Last week, they voluntarily called into a morning radio show and offered to play "Drew Peterson's Dating Game."  (Mind you, Sgt. Peterson is still legally married at this point.)  Station management hastily scratched the idea, and Drew expressed his disappointment to the papers, saying he already had questions at the ready for his bachelorettes, such as "Are you PMSing?" and "Have you had a boob job?"

After that stunt, a woman fired off an e-mail to Brodsky, expressing her disgust for him in no uncertain terms.  He responded professionally, asking "What's the matter?  Not getting any?"  Oh, peas in a pod, these two.

Oh, and for all the crowing Peterson does about the unfair media pigs ruining his life, he's never been hesitant to volunteer himself for the papers, TV, or radio when it suits him.  And apparently, lie-detectors are just fine, so long as he's getting paid and the authorities aren't officially involved.  It's beyond sociopathic at this point.

Put him on the air live, have the first two questions off the bat be about wives 3 and 4, and let's get this done with.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Drew Peterson...
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2008, 03:03:17 PM »
It really is enough to make you want to boycott Fox outright.

Sadly, I like House and Hell's Kitchen.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

rigsby

Drew Peterson...
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2008, 03:27:59 PM »
[quote name=\'Sodboy13\' post=\'176677\' date=\'Jan 30 2008, 02:02 PM\']Put him on the air live, have the first two questions off the bat be about wives 3 and 4, and let's get this done with.[/quote]Heck, put him and Brodsky on American Gladiators and rough them up a bit.

davewalls

Drew Peterson...
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2008, 04:18:05 PM »
[quote name=\'rigsby\' post=\'176681\' date=\'Jan 30 2008, 03:27 PM\'] [quote name=\'Sodboy13\' post=\'176677\' date=\'Jan 30 2008, 02:02 PM\']Put him on the air live, have the first two questions off the bat be about wives 3 and 4, and let's get this done with.[/quote]Heck, put him and Brodsky on American Gladiators and rough them up a bit.
 [/quote]

Only if they can face the Gladiator "Justice".
Dave Walls

http://www.davewalls.net

(insert witty comment about self here)

TheInquisitiveOne

Drew Peterson...
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2008, 05:05:32 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'176678\' date=\'Jan 30 2008, 04:03 PM\']
It really is enough to make you want to boycott Fox outright.[/quote]

Well, with The Simpsons, King of the Hill, and Family Guy falling far from its glory days, I really have no reason to watch Fox anymore.

Chris, if it makes you feel any better cleaner, they have House reruns on USA. :)

The Inquisitive One
This is the Way.