Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hollywood Squares '86 Music  (Read 1357 times)

Casey

Hollywood Squares '86 Music
« on: February 01, 2008, 10:24:51 PM »
While listening to some new stuff up on the TV Music Museum, namely the package from HS'86, I had a vague memory flash from when I watched this show back in the day.   The show had a tendency during the credits (and sometimes in the intro) to show backstage things going on, (what the director was doing in the booth, etc).  I seem to recall them showing someone playing a keyboard during the end credits one time.  It's hard for me to imagine that they'd have someone playing the music live, but was Stormy Sacks involved with the day to day music during the show?   (Or am I just going crazy?)

Chief-O

• .....and it goes like this!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 10:27:07 PM »
[quote name=\'isucgv\' post=\'176917\' date=\'Feb 1 2008, 09:24 PM\']
I seem to recall them showing someone playing a keyboard during the end credits one time.  It's hard for me to imagine that they'd have someone playing the music live, but was Stormy Sacks involved with the day to day music during the show?   (Or am I just going crazy?)
[/quote]

I believe he just played random cues and things during the show.

/paging DJDustman
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 10:27:29 PM by Chief-O »
There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people: Religion, politics, and the proper wrapping of microphone cables.

TimK2003

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 10:35:47 PM »
[quote name=\'Chief-O\' post=\'176919\' date=\'Feb 1 2008, 11:27 PM\']
[quote name=\'isucgv\' post=\'176917\' date=\'Feb 1 2008, 09:24 PM\']
I seem to recall them showing someone playing a keyboard during the end credits one time.  It's hard for me to imagine that they'd have someone playing the music live, but was Stormy Sacks involved with the day to day music during the show?   (Or am I just going crazy?)
[/quote]

I believe he just played random cues and things during the show.

[/quote]

The tapings I saw 21 years ago at NBC (21...YEARS!?!?!) had Stormy actually playing all the music cues, including the opening & closing themes.  Then again, he might have had the main rhythm tracks pre-loaded and he just played some of the minor instruments live (electronic sax, chimes,...).