Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Article about 'Moment of Truth' and effects on employment  (Read 4195 times)

Don Howard

Article about 'Moment of Truth' and effects on employment
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2008, 01:56:24 PM »
[quote name=\'Chuck Sutton\' post=\'177344\' date=\'Feb 7 2008, 01:02 PM\']
He admits to stealing from his coworkers and from costumers[/quote]
And yet, he does no jail time and he's monetarily rewarded for proudly admitting this before a nationwide television audience.
Did he offer the obligatory chuckle upon admitting these dirty deeds?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 01:56:34 PM by Don Howard »

Chuck Sutton

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2008, 02:31:27 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'177349\' date=\'Feb 7 2008, 01:56 PM\']
[quote name=\'Chuck Sutton\' post=\'177344\' date=\'Feb 7 2008, 01:02 PM\']
He admits to stealing from his coworkers and from costumers[/quote]
And yet, he does no jail time and he's monetarily rewarded for proudly admitting this before a nationwide television audience.
[/quote]

Not really becuase he lost everything for being "caught" lying about stuffing his underwear

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2008, 09:38:06 PM »
[quote name=\'Chuck Sutton\' post=\'177344\' date=\'Feb 7 2008, 10:02 AM\']Last night was weird.

He admits to stealing from his coworkers and from costumers  but lies about stuffing his underwear??

If he still worked as a waiter, he is certain to be fired.  It can't be good for business to have someone who admitted to comitting credit card fruad in your restaurant.[/quote]It's not as much "admitting to past sins" as it is predicting the results of a polygraph examination with salacious results. If I can keep my heart rate level while saying "I am Elmer Fudd, I own a mansion and a yacht," then the machine will record that as true. If I say "My name is Travis Eberle and I'm a freedom loving Libertarian" while cooking in my own marinade, then it'll come up as a "lie."

[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'177285\' date=\'Feb 6 2008, 09:22 AM\']Last night on "Chelsea Lately," Walberg said that it is difficult at times for him to look in the contestants' eyes and read some of the questions he has to read.  He then said, "but then I remind myself that I have to put the kids through private school."[/quote]As much as I dislike the premise (and that's a fairly deep well) I like watching Mark work more. And the man looked to be in actual pain as he was reading some of the more intrusive questions.
Travis L. Eberle

GrandMasterGalvatron

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2008, 10:00:35 PM »
Bah...didn't even watch it this week, but the "drama" seems totally half baked.  You'd have thought the one guy last week would have been arrested or something.  I mean come on, smuggling? Isn't that illegal?

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2008, 02:44:55 AM »
[quote name=\'GrandMasterGalvatron\' post=\'177427\' date=\'Feb 8 2008, 07:00 PM\']Bah...didn't even watch it this week, but the "drama" seems totally half baked.  You'd have thought the one guy last week would have been arrested or something.  I mean come on, smuggling? Isn't that illegal?[/quote]It's possible that the statute of limitations expired, or that it was something (relatively) innocuous like bringing certain fruits into Canada.

/Personally, I doubt it was innocuous, or else they wouldn't have asked. But you never know.
Travis L. Eberle