Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Running Man  (Read 1995 times)

Brig Bother

The Running Man
« on: October 04, 2003, 11:34:39 AM »
I've just watched The Running Man, truly a glorious 80s action film if ever there was one.

Anyway, being a Brit (if you haven't gathered already), I've never seen Richard Dawson host Family Feud. In fact, I've never seen Family Feud. But anyway. He is pretty convincing as conniving, scheming horrible host Damon Killian. How did he compare on Family Feud and real life?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
The Running Man
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2003, 02:37:59 PM »
[quote name=\'Brig Bother\' date=\'Oct 4 2003, 08:34 AM\'] I've just watched The Running Man, truly a glorious 80s action film if ever there was one.

Anyway, being a Brit (if you haven't gathered already), I've never seen Richard Dawson host Family Feud. In fact, I've never seen Family Feud. But anyway. He is pretty convincing as conniving, scheming horrible host Damon Killian. How did he compare on Family Feud and real life? [/quote]
 That is a truly great representative of the genre, and I wish a DVD Special Edition treatment were forthcoming.

Interesting question. You've been around here long enough, I think, to know that Dawson was pretty hard to work with, at least towards the end of the show's run. But, IMO, you'd never really know it from watching...he was very gregarious with all of the contestants on the show, and as far as the folks at home knew, a very gracious host.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe