Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Why didn't they show the MGP logo...  (Read 2697 times)

kidsplash

Why didn't they show the MGP logo...
« on: October 04, 2003, 10:42:01 PM »
On the Louie Anderson season of \"Family Feud\", they always show the Mark Goodson Productions logo at the end. But when Richard Karn took over in 2002, the logo wasn't shown. Any reasons why?

TV Favorites

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2003, 11:55:52 PM »
I think Fremantle and Tribune have just decided to remove them in favor of their own logos.  After all, the shows are no longer Mark Goodson Productions.  I think the only reason TPiR still uses the MGP logo is because Bob and the staff requested that it stay.

inturnaround

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2003, 12:36:42 AM »
Or it's some sort of contractual obligation that it stay. That, more than sentimentality, would seem to be a more likely reason.
Joe Coughlin     
Human

jrjgames

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2003, 12:39:55 AM »
There were lots of stipulations with PIR when Goodson died as to what had to stay.

As for Match Game and TTTT, I think they thought the MG logo would be a brand that people could relate to...as it turns out, no one really cares and since the shows were NOT MGP anyway, no need to keep it...it was OLD baggage I'm sure.

It was nice to acknowledge him but time to move on...something tells me Mark would cringe what what had his name on it!

John

Steve_Bier

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2003, 03:38:13 PM »
Can't agree more with the last statement made by jrjgames:

\"Mark would cringe what what had his name on it!\"

Think about it....he must've been rolling in his grave when he saw MG98 and CS01'.

And not only was CS01' listed as a \"MGP\", Gary Kroger would even proclaim that it was a \"MGP\".

Poor Mark!!