Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Missed DOnD 2-25  (Read 4797 times)

DjohnsonCB

Missed DOnD 2-25
« on: February 25, 2008, 09:11:27 PM »
Well, I had planned to watch the final Million $ Mission, and saw in TV Guide Magazine that "My Dad Is Better Than Your Dad" was supposed to air at 7 PM (Central) before DOnD.  So what happened, They got it BACKWARDS!  Now I missed all but the last few seconds as the credits rolled, I know nothing of what happened (no spoilers please), and NOW I either need a tape copy from someone or the EXACT airdate CNBC will run it.  I'm now off to send a Jeer to the magazine...
"Disconnect her buzzer...disconnect EVERYONE'S buzzer!"

--Alex Trebel

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Missed DOnD 2-25
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 09:15:27 PM »
'Tis the poor handyman who blames his tools.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

davemackey

Missed DOnD 2-25
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 09:32:36 PM »
[quote name=\'DjohnsonCB\' post=\'178957\' date=\'Feb 25 2008, 09:11 PM\']
Well, I had planned to watch the final Million $ Mission, and saw in TV Guide Magazine that "My Dad Is Better Than Your Dad" was supposed to air at 7 PM (Central) before DOnD.  So what happened, They got it BACKWARDS!  Now I missed all but the last few seconds as the credits rolled, I know nothing of what happened (no spoilers please), and NOW I either need a tape copy from someone or the EXACT airdate CNBC will run it.  I'm now off to send a Jeer to the magazine...
[/quote]
Heed the words that I've been reading in TV GUIDE since 1965.

"Stations and networks reserve the right to make last minute changes."

Ain't TV Guide's fault the schedule was changed.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Missed DOnD 2-25
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 09:44:03 PM »
[quote name=\'DjohnsonCB\' post=\'178957\' date=\'Feb 25 2008, 06:11 PM\']Well, I had planned to watch the final Million $ Mission, and saw in TV Guide Magazine that "My Dad Is Better Than Your Dad" was supposed to air at 7 PM (Central) before DOnD.  So what happened, They got it BACKWARDS!  Now I missed all but the last few seconds as the credits rolled, I know nothing of what happened (no spoilers please), and NOW I either need a tape copy from someone or the EXACT airdate CNBC will run it.  I'm now off to send a Jeer to the magazine...
[/quote]"I didn't get to see the show, but I'm going to start a thread about it and ask for no spoilers."

Gee, thanks for that.
If you didn’t create it, it isn’t your content.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Missed DOnD 2-25
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 10:03:04 PM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' post=\'178959\' date=\'Feb 25 2008, 08:32 PM\']
Ain't TV Guide's fault the schedule was changed.
[/quote]
And it ain't TVG's fault that it was the only source DJ (apparently) looked at.

I stopped trusting TVG when it stopped coming in the smaller localized form.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

clemon79

Missed DOnD 2-25
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 10:09:10 PM »
Interesting use of the word "need," for that matter.

GS Warehouse

Missed DOnD 2-25
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2008, 12:36:33 AM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'178963\' date=\'Feb 25 2008, 09:44 PM\']
"I didn't get to see the show, but I'm going to start a thread about it and ask for no spoilers."

Gee, thanks for that.[/quote]He knows this isn't the spoiler section.  Dr. Doty is a couple boards down with a piece of metal from the back of Lemon's Porsche.

[quote name=\'DjohnsonCB\' post=\'178957\' date=\'Feb 25 2008, 06:11 PM\']Well, I had planned to watch the final Million $ Mission, and saw in TV Guide Magazine that "My Dad Is Better Than Your Dad" was supposed to air at 7 PM (Central) before DOnD Medium, the show I really wanted to watch, isn't on until 9:00c.  So what happened, They got it BACKWARDS! the player won [see Show Summaries to get exact amount]  Now I missed all but the last few seconds as the credits rolled, I know nothing of what happened (no spoilers please), and NOW I either need a tape copy from someone or the EXACT airdate CNBC will run it. a life or Lemon's Porsche. I'm now off to send a Jeer to the magazine... consume mass quantities of gazpacho.[/quote]
Fixing other people's quotes isn't as easy as Lemon makes it look.

/I had to self-edit out two instances of drug use
//Bill Rafferty once said "Drugs are drugs are drugs.  Stay away from them."
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 12:36:55 AM by GS Warehouse »

mmb5

Missed DOnD 2-25
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2008, 09:04:57 AM »
As a soon to be employee of TV Guide, I wish to extend my deepest regret that you missed Deal or No Deal yesterday.  I'm sorry we did not get to your house to correct your paper copy of the magazine after NBC had changed the order of the showing.  We sent somebody out from L.A. on Friday going door to door correcting our customers' issues, but he only got as far as Denver.  Let me assure you that Gemstar-TV Guide takes all customer complaints seriously.

--Mike
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

tvwxman

Missed DOnD 2-25
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2008, 11:19:35 AM »
[quote name=\'mmb5\' post=\'179001\' date=\'Feb 26 2008, 09:04 AM\']
As a soon to be employee of TV Guide, I wish to extend my deepest regret that you missed Deal or No Deal yesterday.  I'm sorry we did not get to your house to correct your paper copy of the magazine after NBC had changed the order of the showing.  We sent somebody out from L.A. on Friday going door to door correcting our customers' issues, but he only got as far as Denver.  Let me assure you that Gemstar-TV Guide takes all customer complaints seriously.

--Mike
[/quote]
Paragraph of the Day. Kudos!
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Clay Zambo

Missed DOnD 2-25
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2008, 01:56:44 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'179009\' date=\'Feb 26 2008, 11:19 AM\']
Kudos!
[/quote]

Granola bar of the day!
czambo@mac.com

rugrats1

Missed DOnD 2-25
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2008, 02:23:26 PM »
Personally, I think TVG is now published farther in advance as a national edition, instead of a couple of weeks when they had local editions, leading to a greater chance of error, in light of programming changes.

My choice of TV listings is often my local paper, as they tend to be more accurate and timely than TVG these days. And if I need more details, I turn to the web, most often to (surprise!) TVG's website.

[quote name=\'mmb5\' post=\'179001\' date=\'Feb 26 2008, 09:04 AM\']
[TV Guide] sent somebody out from L.A. on Friday going door to door correcting our customers' issues, but he only got as far as Denver.[/quote]

I didn't know TVG had offices in southern California -- I thought everything ran out of either NYC or Tulsa.

mmb5

Missed DOnD 2-25
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2008, 04:20:11 PM »
[quote name=\'rugrats1\' post=\'179019\' date=\'Feb 26 2008, 02:23 PM\']
I didn't know TVG had offices in southern California -- I thought everything ran out of either NYC or Tulsa.
[/quote]
The broadcast properties have their offices in Burbank.  And they still have a major presence in good ole' Radnor, PA.  I'll be visiting Radnor next month.

--Mike
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

DjohnsonCB

Missed DOnD 2-25
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2008, 05:25:14 PM »
Okay, I now know from having read it elsewhere that the million still wasn't won last time.  Nonetheless, I'd still prefer to see this one repeated on CNBC and would like to know of its upcoming airdate.
"Disconnect her buzzer...disconnect EVERYONE'S buzzer!"

--Alex Trebel

clemon79

Missed DOnD 2-25
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2008, 06:33:28 PM »
[quote name=\'DjohnsonCB\' post=\'179059\' date=\'Feb 26 2008, 02:25 PM\']
Okay, I now know from having read it elsewhere that the million still wasn't won last time.  Nonetheless, I'd still prefer to see this one repeated on CNBC and would like to know of its upcoming airdate.
[/quote]
Why don't you write them a letter?

GS Warehouse

Missed DOnD 2-25
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2008, 07:28:39 PM »
[quote name=\'mmb5\' post=\'179043\' date=\'Feb 26 2008, 04:20 PM\']The broadcast properties have their offices in Burbank.  And they still have a major presence in good ole' Radnor, PA.  I'll be visiting Radnor next month.[/quote]Is it still there?  The postcards that fall out of my TVG every week (very annoying, BTW) now carry a mailing address of Boone, IA.