Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: If She's the Champion...  (Read 5786 times)

tvwxman

If She's the Champion...
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2008, 02:30:43 PM »
If it were to happen now, Deal/nDeal would still have her on, have a nurse, some wet rags, and an operating table standing by on the set while she called numbers in between contractions.

If it were on "Moment of Truth", Mark Thompson's teasers would be "Coming Up, her marriage may be ending, but a new life is beginning...." as video runs of Mark Walberg asking the next question "For $200,000, would you sell the baby if you thought your child didn't love you?"
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

BrandonFG

If She's the Champion...
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2008, 03:25:46 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'179280\' date=\'Feb 28 2008, 02:30 PM\']
If it were on "Moment of Truth", Mark Thompson's teasers would be "Coming Up, her marriage may be ending, but a new life is beginning...." as video runs of Mark Walberg asking the next question "For $200,000, would you sell the baby if you thought your child didn't love you?"
[/quote]
It's the pregnancy you don't wanna miss!

/And well played.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

uncamark

If She's the Champion...
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2008, 04:01:02 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'179280\' date=\'Feb 28 2008, 01:30 PM\']
If it were to happen now, Deal/nDeal would still have her on, have a nurse, some wet rags, and an operating table standing by on the set while she called numbers in between contractions.

[/quote]

Actually, it isn't Thompson, it's the guy who did "NBN" (I forget his name)--but I know what you mean.

aaron sica

If She's the Champion...
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2008, 06:52:20 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'179280\' date=\'Feb 28 2008, 02:30 PM\']

[/quote]

Followed by the spinoff with Maury Povich hosting......"For $100,000, are you the father of this baby?"

Jumpondees

If She's the Champion...
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2008, 12:36:01 AM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' post=\'179318\' date=\'Feb 28 2008, 06:52 PM\']
Followed by the spinoff with Maury Povich hosting......"For $100,000, are you the father of this baby?"
[/quote]

See...I had always imagined a game show spin on the infamous Maury Povich DNA shows.

I figured for a majority of the time, the baby mama has no clue who da baby daddy is, so Maury ends up testing 5, 6, 7 men for one child.  So, find out who the real baby daddy is, then mix him in a lineup of about 20 other men to play a game where the only real prize would go to the poor child whose life is being scarred by their parents transgressions.

The mechanics of the game I haven't quite worked out yet, but the opening of the show would go something....LIKE THIS!

"This is Yolanda from Baltimore, Maryland.  She doesn't know it yet, but the father of her child is somewhere in this room.  Problem is, she doesn't remember who the father could be.  Tonight, Yolanda will have a chance to win a college trust fund for her child valued at $250,000, as from NEW YORK we play America's newest paternity game sensation...WHO'S YO' DADDY!  With your host, Maury Povich!"

Now THAT's television....of the lowest common denominator, but still television.  I'd wager it would get better ratings than "Quarterlife"

TenPoundHammer

If She's the Champion...
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2008, 12:39:47 AM »
[quote name=\'Jumpondees\' post=\'179441\' date=\'Mar 1 2008, 12:36 AM\']
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' post=\'179318\' date=\'Feb 28 2008, 06:52 PM\']
[/quote]

See...I had always imagined a game show spin on the infamous Maury Povich DNA shows.

I figured for a majority of the time, the baby mama has no clue who da baby daddy is, so Maury ends up testing 5, 6, 7 men for one child.  So, find out who the real baby daddy is, then mix him in a lineup of about 20 other men to play a game where the only real prize would go to the poor child whose life is being scarred by their parents transgressions.

The mechanics of the game I haven't quite worked out yet, but the opening of the show would go something....LIKE THIS!

"This is Yolanda from Baltimore, Maryland.  She doesn't know it yet, but the father of her child is somewhere in this room.  Problem is, she doesn't remember who the father could be.  Tonight, Yolanda will have a chance to win a college trust fund for her child valued at $250,000, as from NEW YORK we play America's newest paternity game sensation...WHO'S YO' DADDY!  With your host, Maury Povich!"

Now THAT's television....of the lowest common denominator, but still television.  I'd wager it would get better ratings than "Quarterlife"
[/quote]

Would you have to be 18 to go on the show? I know some 14 year olds who might qualify.

/is reminded of the South Park eps where Cartman tried to find his father

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
If She's the Champion...
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2008, 12:41:37 AM »
[quote name=\'Jumpondees\' post=\'179441\' date=\'Feb 29 2008, 09:36 PM\']as from NEW YORK we play America's newest paternity game sensation...WHO'S YO' DADDY!  With your host, Maury Povich!"

Now THAT's television....of the lowest common denominator, but still television.  I'd wager it would get better ratings than "Quarterlife"[/quote]With nearly the same name, you have described a one-off special that FOX put together. One young woman played To Tell The Truth with eight men, one of which was her father. The longer it took to identify him, the smaller the prize fund.

I can't believe it myself, but there it is.
Travis L. Eberle

GS Warehouse

If She's the Champion...
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2008, 11:19:13 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'179261\' date=\'Feb 28 2008, 12:52 PM\']
http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/1656/is...807goldsyc1.jpg
[/quote]
That gold star tarnished quickly.  Anybody else get a 404?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
If She's the Champion...
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2008, 02:20:21 PM »
Oh, that's my bad, I discovered my ImageShack account had two of them, and I deleted one, and then after I deleted it I realized it might break the link here, and then got caught up in something else and didn't come around to fix it. So:

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/3149/is...807goldspt6.jpg

Gold star reissued. Original post edited. Patience appreciated. :)

(I strongly suggest anyone who actually wants to keep it grab a copy of the actual image for themselves instead of relying on the link, because ImageShack has lost things of mine in the past. Like Wonka. I was pissed.)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 02:22:49 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Robert Hutchinson

If She's the Champion...
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2008, 02:56:33 PM »
[quote name=\'HYHYBT\' post=\'179200\' date=\'Feb 27 2008, 06:44 PM\']I seem to remember someone on TTD 90 leaving mid-game, with the show promising to bring them back later... of course, they were off the air to soon for it to happen.[/quote]
"Uh, yeah, I've come down with the . . . uh, black plague. Can't keep going. You'll invite me back later? Yeah, yeah, sure, I'll let you know as soon as I've recovered."

(click)

"Phew."
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
If She's the Champion...
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2008, 05:58:00 PM »
[quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' post=\'179610\' date=\'Mar 2 2008, 02:56 PM\']
"Phew."
[/quote]

Jack Narz? Is that you? :)
@lambertman

calliaume

If She's the Champion...
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2008, 10:44:56 PM »
[quote name=\'Jumpondees\' post=\'179441\' date=\'Mar 1 2008, 01:36 AM\']

[/quote]
It's been done.

sshuffield70

If She's the Champion...
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2008, 11:25:46 PM »
[quote name=\'calliaume\' post=\'179667\' date=\'Mar 2 2008, 10:44 PM\']
[quote name=\'Jumpondees\' post=\'179441\' date=\'Mar 1 2008, 01:36 AM\']

[/quote]
It's been done.
[/quote]

Is that the second show you predicted?

calliaume

If She's the Champion...
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2008, 01:44:10 PM »
[quote name=\'sshuffield70\' post=\'179671\' date=\'Mar 3 2008, 12:25 AM\']
[/quote]
First and only, unless I'm missing something.  Blasphemy! never made it past runthroughs.

sshuffield70

If She's the Champion...
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2008, 09:40:34 AM »
[quote name=\'calliaume\' post=\'179729\' date=\'Mar 3 2008, 01:44 PM\']
[quote name=\'sshuffield70\' post=\'179671\' date=\'Mar 3 2008, 12:25 AM\']
[/quote]
First and only, unless I'm missing something.  Blasphemy! never made it past runthroughs.
[/quote]

I thought you had Balderdash as well.