Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Our next "Millionaire" Guest Host is....  (Read 9267 times)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Our next "Millionaire" Guest Host is....
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2008, 10:06:20 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' post=\'179739\' date=\'Mar 3 2008, 11:13 AM\']Bandit Bobby:  Proving since 2003 that it is possible for an opinion to be wrong.[/quote]You sir, Win at Life. Big pile of gold stars to you.

Watching the second half of today's show was like a simultaneous root canal-colonoscopy: painful on both ends. The man has no personality. It was like watching your neighborhood CPA hosting. He read the questions capably, and didn't much up the verdicts, but "capable" just won't do.

At one break, Dave kindly reminds us that we are indeed watching Millionaire. Just in case Bobby forgot, I guess.

When I thought it couldn't get any worse, he whipped out that chestnut made famous by Jack Barry: "Can you come back tomorrow." Mercifully it was after the time's up horn.
Travis L. Eberle

tvwxman

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2008, 11:19:38 PM »
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

lobster

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2008, 11:32:41 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'180014\' date=\'Mar 4 2008, 10:19 PM\']
http://www.redlasso.com/ClipPlayer.aspx?id...19-208d628d9514

Discuss. Or, disgust.
[/quote]

I like the ".. I have acted in prime time dramas..."

tom kennedy says, "and heeeere they are!"
  • Category 7: The End of the World (2005) (TV) (uncredited) .... Max Wilder
  • "Without a Trace" .... Reporter (1 episode, 2005)
  • "Navy NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service" .... Elevator Operator (1 episode, 2005)
  • Listen Up - Colon-oopscopy (2005) TV episode (uncredited) .... Anesthesiologist
  • Category 6: Day of Destruction (2004) (TV) .... Engineer
  • "Still Standing" .... Coat Checker (1 episode, 2004)
  •   "Yes, Dear" .... Mike Limpkey (1 episode, 2004)
...I guess that's easier than just saying "I played the uncredited anesthesiologist in the Colon-oops-copy episode of "Listen Up"
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 11:33:09 PM by lobster »

Speedy G

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2008, 11:38:15 PM »
I'm hypnotized by the Price's Eyebrow overuse in that short clip.  They couldn't find anyone else in NYC on short notice or something?

/PLEASE, someone tell him to know his role and shut his mouth
Solar-powered flashlight, hour 4 of the Today show, the Purple Parrots.  *rips open envelope, blows into it*

lobster

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2008, 11:44:00 PM »
[quote name=\'Speedy G\' post=\'180017\' date=\'Mar 4 2008, 10:38 PM\']
/PLEASE, someone tell him to know his role and shut his mouth
[/quote]

this is a guy whose career is built around cramming a lot of bs chatter with tourists into 12 seconds before spouting a quick summarized teleprompted weather report before throwing you to your local feed for the five-day forecast every 15 minutes for a few hours every morning.. of course he's going to be annoying :D

and did the make up dept just say 'screw it' and use spray-on tan on his face?

dale_grass

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2008, 11:58:56 PM »
Nice bonus clip of Jack Klugman at the beginning.  Now, on to serious matters...

That will be the only two minutes of my life I will spend watching Dave Price do anything.  What an obnoxious puke.

BrandonFG

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2008, 08:15:50 AM »
[quote name=\'lobster\' post=\'180015\' date=\'Mar 4 2008, 11:32 PM\']
  • Category 7: The End of the World (2005) (TV) (uncredited) .... Max Wilder
  • "Without a Trace" .... Reporter (1 episode, 2005)
  • "Navy NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service" .... Elevator Operator (1 episode, 2005)
  • Listen Up - Colon-oopscopy (2005) TV episode (uncredited) .... Anesthesiologist
  • Category 6: Day of Destruction (2004) (TV) .... Engineer
  • "Still Standing" .... Coat Checker (1 episode, 2004)
  •   "Yes, Dear" .... Mike Limpkey (1 episode, 2004)
[/quote]
And not surprisingly, at least five of those are CBS shows, and I'm fairly certain* that at least one of those disaster flicks aired on CBS as well. He must've been in the area at the time. :-P

ETA:
Both did.

*All guesses have been made at 8am EST, from five hours of sleep and no coffee. The prices of the prizes were furnished to the contestants prior to the show and have been rounded off to the nearest dollar.
Gift certificates do not include sales tax.

/Yes, I looked that last part up.
//Listen Up...man did that show blow.
///Yes, Dear wasn't much better.
////Still Standing was pretty decent, though.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 08:19:41 AM by fostergray82 »
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2008, 11:10:15 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'180042\' date=\'Mar 5 2008, 08:15 AM\']
And not surprisingly, at least five of those are CBS shows, and I'm fairly certain* that at least one of those disaster flicks aired on CBS as well. He must've been in the area at the time. :-P[/quote]
The first time I became aware of who Dave Price is, they were doing a sweeps stunt where he would have cameos on every CBS program in one night of prime-time.  That accounts for half the list right there, and I imagine his appearances on the other shows were similarly concocted. So yeah, it's not as though he has an acting background, he was given those parts for reasons having nothing to do with talent.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

tvwxman

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2008, 11:17:05 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'180061\' date=\'Mar 5 2008, 11:10 AM\']
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'180042\' date=\'Mar 5 2008, 08:15 AM\']
And not surprisingly, at least five of those are CBS shows, and I'm fairly certain* that at least one of those disaster flicks aired on CBS as well. He must've been in the area at the time. :-P[/quote]
The first time I became aware of who Dave Price is, they were doing a sweeps stunt where he would have cameos on every CBS program in one night of prime-time.  That accounts for half the list right there, and I imagine his appearances on the other shows were similarly concocted. So yeah, it's not as though he has an acting background, he was given those parts for reasons having nothing to do with talent.
[/quote]
Correct. A Contest done to get people to watch the Early Show (something like, spot Dave in prime time. Ugh).

He's as much of an actor as I am a dentist. I can get you to spit, but that's about it.

/I got nothing.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

lobster

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2008, 11:52:24 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'180061\' date=\'Mar 5 2008, 10:10 AM\']
That accounts for half the list right there, and I imagine his appearances on the other shows were similarly concocted. So yeah, it's not as though he has an acting background, he was given those parts for reasons having nothing to do with talent.
[/quote]

..hence the roles of "Coat check guy" and "Elevator Operator" bahaha..
makes me wonder about how true to life his "SCUBA diver" claim is.. what, he went snorkeling once at a Sandals resort in Cabo?  :D

lobster

« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2008, 11:54:01 AM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'180064\' date=\'Mar 5 2008, 10:17 AM\']
Correct. A Contest done to get people to watch the Early Show (something like, spot Dave in prime time. Ugh).
[/quote]

other uncredited roles not on his IMDB page include:
  • Man on subway
  • Man #2 on pay phone
  • Person #16 in crowd (back of head)
  • Alternate pallbearer (not used)

mmb5

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2008, 12:13:59 PM »
I had Millionaire on this morning waiting for my new TV to be delivered.  He was so awful I changed it to Temptation, they run here at the same time.

--Mike
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

MitchJoseph2004

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2008, 12:27:35 PM »
I'm putting myself out for bashing here... but I actually like Dave Price's job so far. This is the first time that I have enjoyed watching Millionaire since Regis.
Dave's injected more energy than Meredith. I like the way he reads the questions.... and let's face it, a show like Millionaire (or even Jeopardy) is not as host driven as a show like TPiR, Match Game, or Family Feud is. I can't see Dave working well on a host-driven show, but for just simply a quiz show he'd do fine.

lobster

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2008, 12:45:58 PM »
[quote name=\'MitchJoseph2004\' post=\'180077\' date=\'Mar 5 2008, 11:27 AM\']
I'm putting myself out for bashing here... but I actually like Dave Price's job so far. This is the first time that I have enjoyed watching Millionaire since Regis.
Dave's injected more energy than Meredith. I like the way he reads the questions.... and let's face it, a show like Millionaire (or even Jeopardy) is not as host driven as a show like TPiR, Match Game, or Family Feud is. I can't see Dave working well on a host-driven show, but for just simply a quiz show he'd do fine.
[/quote]

Maybe it's his longevity but I honestly can't imagine anyone else hosting Jeopardy! (as we know it) than Alex.. Feud, on the other hand, as we've seen (at least in the past decade), can handle a tremendous amount of host turnover without a scrape to its popularity..

MitchJoseph2004

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2008, 01:30:30 PM »
I guess more what I mean by 'host driven' is that something like Jeopardy or Millionaire has very little contestant/host interaction when compared to something like Family Feud. To me, one of the reasons that Anderson and Karn failed at Feud was their 'awkwardness' when interacting with contestants.

Put Dave in a role with limited interaction, and he'll do fine.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 01:31:57 PM by MitchJoseph2004 »