Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Million Dollar Password taping  (Read 22523 times)

Clay Zambo

Million Dollar Password taping
« Reply #75 on: March 13, 2008, 12:30:17 PM »
[quote name=\'TheGameShowGuy\' post=\'181213\' date=\'Mar 13 2008, 09:00 AM\']
[After the show, I got to speak with a losing contestant whose family I was sitting with -I was told that a player actually gets 2 chances at the $10,000 level if they blow the first one--- no llamas here!]
[/quote]

What?  What?

What happens if you don't make it the second time?
czambo@mac.com

toetyper

« Reply #76 on: March 13, 2008, 12:46:28 PM »
/'l[quote name=\'BillCullen1\' post=\'181207\' date=\'Mar 13 2008, 06:17 AM\']

We all had to sign release forms, but since Rosie blogged about it, I can tell you I saw the show with Rosie and Tony Hawk.  A few people guessed Hawk from the hint I give earlier, give yourself a pat on the back
[/quote]

pat pat pat

BillCullen1

« Reply #77 on: March 13, 2008, 12:57:12 PM »
[quote name=\'TheGameShowGuy\' post=\'181214\' date=\'Mar 13 2008, 09:02 AM\']
Bill Cullen 1: ...You must have sat behind John Castellano a great guy who was in my play group when I was on Millionaire in 2004. [/quote]

Yes, that was his name, and he mentioned you by your actual name GameShowGuy. I was with the friends you and I both know, and they mentioned you were on Millionaire around that time. As Corbin Bernsen would say, "Well played."

Regis mentioned on his talk show that Rachel Ray and Neil Patrick Harris were on the last MDP taped on Monday, which is the show you saw, so we know the celebs for two of the six shows.  I saw Rosie and Tony Hawk.

So the players are given a "Mulligan" at the 10K level in the end game.  But as another poster inquired, what happens if they blow the second $10K round.  You figure if that happens, maybe the civilian should not have gotten on the show to begin with.

At the taping I saw, there were no carryover contestants from the last show, and it turned out that no contestant carried over when the show ended.  They may be producing these shows to be self-contained, so they don't have to air them in any order. We'll find out soon enough.

Tony Peters

• Here is your first subject. GO!
« Reply #78 on: March 13, 2008, 02:58:40 PM »
[quote name=\'toddyo\' post=\'181217\' date=\'Mar 13 2008, 10:50 AM\']
Getting on my soap box for a minute. I worked in Cincinnati with those that helped invent black and white, and then color, television. Cincinnati was even referred to as Colortown USA (WLWT and WNBC perfected color tv).

Anyway my fuming annoyance of these new shows: they are DARK. Here we now have high definition television and the sets are BLACK. Why? Where are the Ted Coopers? Where are the "game show colors"? Bright oranges, reds, greens and blue. That RGB cable does stand for something!

This is where Donnymyd jumped the shark immediately. (Outside of the obnoxious plug for Sony Laptops). It was dark. Dark equals sinister. Bright colors = fun and excitement. Even IGAS' latest remake had color.

So, without seeing two fields of video and based on what's been mentioned here, I'm going to be disappointed with this remake. What's sad is that the Game Show Marathon took painstaking steps to recreate sets....why can't  Freemantle do the same for its true remakes of programs (Along with Sony)?

Could you imagine Treasure Hunt in monochromatic silver? Or the Gong Show or Jackpot?
[/quote]
Even Who Wants To Be a Millionaire had/has colorful lights in its set, which the other shows that based their sets on Millionaire's failed to grasp.
Sometimes I find myself missing the days when cats ruled the internet...

Neumms

« Reply #79 on: March 13, 2008, 05:18:30 PM »
[quote name=\'toddyo\' post=\'181217\' date=\'Mar 13 2008, 10:50 AM\']
This is where Donnymyd jumped the shark immediately. (Outside of the obnoxious plug for Sony Laptops). It was dark. Dark equals sinister. Bright colors = fun and excitement. Even IGAS' latest remake had color.
[/quote]

It wasn't that dark. It was just boring. The set, I mean. One would think that with the show named for a geometric figure, the geometric figure would be more prominent on set, not just on monitors and a little framework.

Maybe they didn't invite Betty because everyone would feel bad about making her stand so long. Cripes, what's the problem with stools? Or a lectern to lean on?

Game play note: apparently the idea of changing pace during an hour of television has escaped them. If the bonus round will be one lightning round after another, why is the front game/elimination round also a lightning round? Play a brisk 25-point game of basic Password for heavens' sake. It makes too much sense.

TheGameShowGuy

« Reply #80 on: March 14, 2008, 12:01:11 AM »
To answer a question:
I think that if you blow the 10K twice you llamaed ($0)

Also... the same contestant  who told me about this rule stated and a voice over pick up (these were all done by Regis on Monday) seemed to confirm something that would leave me to believe that a celebrity on taped show #2  will leave most here VERY pleased.
Though its a combination of second hand info here and a clue from Regis' pick-up...

Also heard a tie breaker is "classic" Password.

chad1m

« Reply #81 on: March 14, 2008, 12:25:06 AM »
The more I read and hear about the differences from Passwords of the past and the similarities to another Stewart show, the more I wish we could've just gotten the full-fledged The $1,000,000 Pyramid instead.

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #82 on: March 14, 2008, 01:41:05 AM »
[quote name=\'Neumms\' post=\'181254\' date=\'Mar 13 2008, 05:18 PM\']Play a brisk 25-point game of basic Password for heavens' sake. It makes too much sense.[/quote]
Considering how often even the best players found themselves bogged down in a "brisk" 25-point game, I have to say I'm at least glad they're not doing that. (Limiting each password to six clues, a la '70s Password, would help, of course.)
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

BillCullen1

« Reply #83 on: March 14, 2008, 01:09:34 PM »
[quote name=\'TheGameShowGuy\' post=\'181284\' date=\'Mar 14 2008, 12:01 AM\']
To answer a question:

Also... the same contestant  who told me about this rule stated and a voice over pick up (these were all done by Regis on Monday) seemed to confirm something that would leave me to believe that a celebrity on taped show #2  will leave most here VERY pleased.
Though its a combination of second hand info here and a clue from Regis' pick-up...

[/quote]

Regarding the celeb on show #2, here's my deduction:

Clue 1: actress - Clue 2: Ludden - Clue 3 - wife

IF it's her, Fremantle did something right here!!

TheGameShowGuy

« Reply #84 on: March 15, 2008, 08:10:47 AM »
[quote name=\'BillCullen1\' post=\'181323\' date=\'Mar 14 2008, 01:09 PM\']
[quote name=\'TheGameShowGuy\' post=\'181284\' date=\'Mar 14 2008, 12:01 AM\']
To answer a question:

[/quote]

Regarding the celeb on show #2, here's my deduction:

Clue 1: actress - Clue 2: Ludden - Clue 3 - wife

IF it's her, Fremantle did something right here!!
[/quote]

Just going by "rumor" and a voice over  pick up by Regis  admonishing this familar (first) name on an illegal clue that was given.  Can't think of other currently famous people with that name so I think we are all going to be very happy with this choice.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #85 on: March 15, 2008, 09:59:21 AM »
[quote name=\'TheGameShowGuy\' post=\'181456\' date=\'Mar 15 2008, 08:10 AM\'] Can't think of other currently famous people with that name so I think we are all going to be very happy with this choice.[/quote]
My guess:  America Ferrera, and Regis got her mixed up with the character she plays.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Jay Temple

« Reply #86 on: March 15, 2008, 03:11:29 PM »
Just as an aside: Thanks to her, there is now a good one-word clue for "America."
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #87 on: March 15, 2008, 03:25:05 PM »
[quote name=\'Jay Temple\' post=\'181500\' date=\'Mar 15 2008, 12:11 PM\']
Just as an aside: Thanks to her, there is now a good one-word clue for "America."
[/quote]
"Beau-ti-ful." (sung in the style of "America The Beautiful")
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Clay Zambo

« Reply #88 on: March 15, 2008, 03:51:16 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'181507\' date=\'Mar 15 2008, 03:25 PM\']
[quote name=\'Jay Temple\' post=\'181500\' date=\'Mar 15 2008, 12:11 PM\']
[/quote]
"Beau-ti-ful." (sung in the style of "America The Beautiful")
[/quote]

Yeah, well, not in primetime.  Singing isn't allowed.  They don't want to worry about rights issues.  

Also, they don't want to fight with you about "America the Beautiful" being public domain.  Just no singing.

(At least that's how we were briefed.)
czambo@mac.com

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #89 on: March 15, 2008, 04:01:05 PM »
[quote name=\'Clay Zambo\' post=\'181513\' date=\'Mar 15 2008, 12:51 PM\']
Singing isn't allowed.[/quote]
Okay. That COULD be a douchier rule, but I don't know how.

What other perfectly reasonable clues are they disallowing because they're legal cheapskates / pussies?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe