Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dawson's Antics  (Read 6020 times)

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Dawson's Antics
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2008, 04:05:15 PM »
since you worked on shows I guess you'd be able to tell us if the producer has a vast collection of hand signals they can throw at the host to where they'll immediately know what to do at times like this, including "screw it -- give 'em more time!" :D
Holding up five fingers would be a start, then just call out "Five more seconds" and hope Allen sees and hears it. But if it happened as quickly as you say, Allen may have simply taken the initiative figuring "What are they going to do, fire me?".

Is there a clip of this incident somewhere?

Someone on staff who was high enough on the totem pole to say "She won" said she won.
ONLY the producer can declare a game won or lost, music or no music. In the case of Password the producer was on stage, not in the booth.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 04:08:34 PM by chris319 »

lobster

Dawson's Antics
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2008, 04:40:35 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' post=\'180315\' date=\'Mar 6 2008, 03:05 PM\']
Is there a clip of this incident somewhere?
[/quote]

I was trying to find it earlier -- then I remembered i likely saw it on PageOClips when he had it in heavy clip rotation before the site went down...

Since Jaime has some pal that lurks for him and alerts him of discussions involving him, maybe he can put in a good word and have Jaime upload that clip :D

it is a cool clip nonetheless... Ludden at his best in one of his great finale sendoffs..

Mr. Matté

Dawson's Antics
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2008, 08:18:20 PM »
For the final Lightning Round; it's the last link here:
http://www.gameshow-galaxy.net/music.htm

Matt Ottinger

Dawson's Antics
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2008, 08:25:39 PM »
[quote name=\'NewJersey137\' post=\'180372\' date=\'Mar 6 2008, 08:18 PM\']
For the final Lightning Round; it's the last link here:
http://www.gameshow-galaxy.net/music.htm
[/quote]
I'm sure at the time it was seen as just the "right" way to go off, with a big bonus round win.  Who could have possibly imagined that all these years later we could examine it like it was the Zapruder film to prove that it was so clearly, obviously fudged.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

calliaume

Dawson's Antics
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2008, 08:17:02 AM »
I remember watching Tom Poston on an episode of Gene Wood's Beat the Clock blatantly cheating at the end of a stunt, and getting away with it.  But on that show, they were always playing against the house (no end game, no bonus prize for the couple with the most money), Gene didn't notice, and S&P probably laughed and said, "The hell with it."

uncamark

Dawson's Antics
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2008, 12:17:31 PM »
[quote name=\'calliaume\' post=\'180399\' date=\'Mar 7 2008, 07:17 AM\']
I remember watching Tom Poston on an episode of Gene Wood's Beat the Clock blatantly cheating at the end of a stunt, and getting away with it.  But on that show, they were always playing against the house (no end game, no bonus prize for the couple with the most money), Gene didn't notice, and S&P probably laughed and said, "The hell with it."
[/quote]

If, being in Canada, they had S&P at all (I assume Charles or Ryan can set me straight on that).

vtown7

Dawson's Antics
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2008, 02:28:55 PM »
I may be wrong, but the couple of Canadian shows that I've done didn't seem like they had something resembling S&P.  Canadian shows seem to be much more relaxed compared to the American shows I've visited.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Dawson's Antics
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2008, 02:39:16 PM »
[quote name=\'vtown7\' post=\'180630\' date=\'Mar 9 2008, 11:28 AM\']
I may be wrong, but the couple of Canadian shows that I've done didn't seem like they had something resembling S&P.  Canadian shows seem to be much more relaxed compared to the American shows I've visited.
[/quote]
That's because Canadians are incapable of rigging shows, of course.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

MikeK

• Martha!
Dawson's Antics
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2008, 03:20:10 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'180634\' date=\'Mar 9 2008, 02:39 PM\'][quote name=\'vtown7\' post=\'180630\' date=\'Mar 9 2008, 11:28 AM\']I may be wrong, but the couple of Canadian shows that I've done didn't seem like they had something resembling S&P.  Canadian shows seem to be much more relaxed compared to the American shows I've visited.[/quote]
That's because Canadians are incapable of rigging shows, of course.[/quote]
Incorrect.  The right answer is "Who'd want to rig a show whose grand prize is $20 CDN and a gift certificate to Swiss Chalet?"

vtown7

Dawson's Antics
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2008, 03:25:23 PM »
Well played, gentlemen.

/happy with the Comedy Network hat he got from failing the "Win Ben Stein's Money" Canadian contestant search.