Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wheel of Fortune in Chicago 3/7-3/9  (Read 7464 times)

BrandonFG

Wheel of Fortune in Chicago 3/7-3/9
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2008, 01:12:01 PM »
[quote name=\'lobster\' post=\'180746\' date=\'Mar 10 2008, 01:07 PM\']
yeah, see, that's actually cool stereotype imagery that's accurate and representative about the city of Chicago..  I was very disappointed to see their Dallas set be filled with wagon wheels, cow skulls, rope and barbed wire, and even a freakin' "General Store" porch ..  why Hollywood insists on making the implication to America that this very modern metropolis with 7 million people and full of billionaires, Fortune 500 companies and enormous skyscrapers is somehow stuck in 1890 is beyond me.  I was waiting for the tumbleweeds to roll across the stage as they announced the final spin.. so embarrassing..
[/quote]
Would you rather see oil wells and a 15-foot-high neon statue of J.R. Ewing? ;-)

/Has family in Dallas
//Loves it
///And wearing his Romo jersey
////Stow it, H8rs :-P
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

lobster

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2008, 01:27:34 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'180747\' date=\'Mar 10 2008, 12:12 PM\']

Would you rather see oil wells and a 15-foot-high neon statue of J.R. Ewing? ;-)
[/quote]

haha yes! :p
as long as the statue is rotating and his arm slowly waves ever so animatronically

I guess they had to pick a theme of some sort that Americans (incorrectly) identify with Texas to remind everyone "oh, wagon wheels.. they really ARE in Texas!".. I forgot to mention the gratuitous shots of Vanna dressed in a white leather vest with tassles in front of the Fort Worth Stockyards -- a two block kitschy touristy area not indicative of anything that really goes on here -- saying "I LooOoOoVe Texas" with a longhorn standing behind her.. gah!  

Note when they tape Wheel in Seattle they show their nice skyline instead of filling the set with huge sacks of coffee beans, some skaters wearing flannel shirts doing tricks on a half-pipe and stagehands pouring rain down onto the set..

/Has family in Dallas
//Loves it

Yah, it's good times here.. it's a constant effort trying to undo those stereotypes -- and it's not just WOF that's guilty of this -- (they DID film most of Walker, Texas Ranger here, heh) but once people visit they see for themselves it's not the old west and people don't all have handlebar mustaches..

/and now i must reboot my computer with a good kick from my boot spur..

TraderRob

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2008, 02:17:12 PM »
At the Dallas taping they left the front two rows in the center empty and reserved, and I didn't understand why since I was front row off to the side where the family was, until they brought in this clan of PrettyPeople™ and sat 'em all right smack in the center front.

There were people coming in from two different sides so it was kinda hard to figure it out who was who and why there were THAT many VIPs.  My group was part of the first 30-50 of the "Admit Ones" to get in, but there were already people seated as we worked our way in.  I imagine that the friends and family were present for all tapings that day because they didn't know when their loved one would be on.  Their hands had to be hurting by then.  Just one show and my arms were tired from all the applause!

As we filed in,  they directed us all to the bleacher section in the very back and then they eventually filled up the lower center section, followed by stage left, and then stage right.    There were empty seats on the far ends which was fine because those seats truly sucked with plenty of blocked views and having to rely on the big screens to see anything.  The seating stopped for a while and then more people started filing in while we watched the Wheel 4000 special.  Then they eventually got those who were on the sides to squeeze in further towards the center.  When that didn't happen with those of us in the bleachers, I knew right then that we were not going to get on camera.  

I think there were others a bit miffed that they only got to see one show.  A friend of mine was at the earlier taping and he got there at 10:40 for the noon seating.   They had gotten to about 80 from getting in when they were told that there would be a 2 hour wait.  People could leave but then they'd have to re-enter security and re-enter the line.  They started to call us in to go through security about 3:00 for a 4:30 seating but there were still people waiting to get in from before, so it just seemed a bit disorderly.  

I'd definitely do it again though.   Time to get TPIR on the road! :)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 02:17:36 PM by TraderRob »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2008, 03:04:18 PM »
[quote name=\'lobster\' post=\'180748\' date=\'Mar 10 2008, 10:27 AM\']
Note when they tape Wheel in Seattle they show their nice skyline instead of filling the set with huge sacks of coffee beans, some skaters wearing flannel shirts doing tricks on a half-pipe and stagehands pouring rain down onto the set..
[/quote]
That's because....oh, wait...never mind. :)

/they would have gotten cool points if they worked the Fremont Troll into the set somehow
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TimK2003

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2008, 11:21:47 PM »
[quote name=\'lobster\' post=\'180748\' date=\'Mar 10 2008, 01:27 PM\']

[/quote]

as long as the statue is rotating and his arm slowly waves ever so animatronically.
[/quote]

If only the Dallas shows were the last of the season, I might've watched them if they pulled a "Who Shot Sajak?" cliffhanger.  Other than that, I'll keep watching Millionaire instead.

You forgot to add the 'floating I-80 bridge' that they could play atop of with gale force winds. :)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2008, 11:30:28 PM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'180827\' date=\'Mar 10 2008, 08:21 PM\']
You forgot to add the 'floating I-80 bridge' that they could play atop of with gale force winds. :)
[/quote]
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/8686/failbobbarkerva7.jpg

Couldn't have missed that by much more. I-80 doesn't even touch Washington, and the floating bridge that shuts down when someone cuts a loud fart is the 520.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 11:34:22 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TimK2003

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2008, 09:29:17 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'180829\' date=\'Mar 10 2008, 11:30 PM\']
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'180827\' date=\'Mar 10 2008, 08:21 PM\']
[/quote]
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/8686/failbobbarkerva7.jpg

Couldn't have missed that by much more. I-80 doesn't even touch Washington, and the floating bridge that shuts down when someone cuts a loud fart is the 520.
[/quote]

Mea culpa, I meant to say I-90, but I still would've had the wrong route.
T'was only in Washington state once, and most of I remembered was I-90.

Mr. Armadillo

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2008, 09:38:27 PM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'180827\' date=\'Mar 10 2008, 10:21 PM\']
[quote name=\'lobster\' post=\'180748\' date=\'Mar 10 2008, 01:27 PM\']

[/quote]

as long as the statue is rotating and his arm slowly waves ever so animatronically.
[/quote]

If only the Dallas shows were the last of the season, I might've watched them if they pulled a "Who Shot Sajak?" cliffhanger.  Other than that, I'll keep watching Millionaire instead.
[/quote]
I would want to wait three months to see a ceramic dalmation with a revolver taped to it....why exactly?