Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Mandela Effect from 80s Pyramid?  (Read 520 times)

BrandonFG

Mandela Effect from 80s Pyramid?
« on: June 17, 2024, 08:03:28 PM »
Years ago I remember watching a Pyramid rerun on USA and Ed Begley, Jr. was one of the guests. I don't remember the word displayed, but he described what I'm thinking was something related to chromakey technology, which bewildered Dick. I'm guessing Ed was wearing a blue or green shirt because by the end of the episode Dick figured out what chromakey was, and the director was able to create a "transparent" effect showing just Ed's head.

Anyone else remember this, even vaguely? It would've been from around 1984 or '85.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Adam Nedeff

Re: Mandela Effect from 80s Pyramid?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2024, 08:42:35 PM »
$25,000 Pyramid, episode #607, airdate January 15, 1985.

Ed was wearing a vivid green shirt and made a self-deprecating joke about how they were going to chroma key an ocean background onto him. Dick responded that he didn't know what "chroma key" meant (my guess is Dick DID know and feigned ignorance to make the moment a little more audience-relatable).

At the end of the show, after Ed's explanation of chroma keying, they did a little experiment and found that Ed's green shirt was just right for a chroma key effect, so they superimposed Heidi Bohay's body underneath's Ed's head & neck.

BrandonFG

Re: Mandela Effect from 80s Pyramid?
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2024, 08:53:42 PM »
Now it's all coming back to me. Thanks man!
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!