Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: All Star Blitz question  (Read 3458 times)

TenPoundHammer

All Star Blitz question
« on: January 21, 2008, 08:23:46 AM »
I don't know if this has ever been asked before, but here goes.

Why did All Star Blitz change from its instrumental theme to the bizarro vocal theme, if only for one week? Was it just for the sake of doing something different? Did somebody lose a bet? I'm just curious.

/bonus question: What does "A haba binga maba bigala gaja gooja ma, UH!" mean?

whewfan

All Star Blitz question
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 10:17:33 AM »
Ask Peter Marshall, he wrote the theme music!

Kevin Prather

All Star Blitz question
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 03:52:24 PM »
I coulda sworn the second scat sounded like "A-How'd you get your mother to get a big bulging groin?" Am I not quite right in the head?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
All Star Blitz question
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 04:15:49 PM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' post=\'175781\' date=\'Jan 21 2008, 12:52 PM\']
I coulda sworn the second scat sounded like "A-How'd you get your mother to get a big bulging groin?" Am I not quite right in the head?
[/quote]
Nope. Saw it in the credits: "Vocals: Kenny McCormick." :)

/later he gets impaled on the wheel!
//you bastards!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 04:16:19 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TenPoundHammer

All Star Blitz question
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 04:32:18 PM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' post=\'175781\' date=\'Jan 21 2008, 03:52 PM\']
[/quote]

...I'm not touching that with any length pole.

Just to cut through all the jokes, I want everyone else to know that I really am looking for a serious answer to my question. The "hobba hum" theme is one of my favorite* themes, and I was just curious as to its origin, and why it only got used for a short period.

*Yes, that's right, I said "favorite", not "least favorite".

Mike Tennant

All Star Blitz question
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 04:48:46 PM »
[quote name=\'TenPoundHammer\' post=\'175785\' date=\'Jan 21 2008, 04:32 PM\']Just to cut through all the jokes, I want everyone else to know that I really am looking for a serious answer to my question. The "hobba hum" theme is one of my favorite* themes, and I was just curious as to its origin, and why it only got used for a short period.[/quote]Assuming whewfan is correct that Peter Marshall wrote the theme, then your best bet would be to email Peter.

trainman

All Star Blitz question
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 10:31:43 PM »
I prefer the explanation that Dave Barry came up with for "Land of 1,000 Dances" ("I said a na, na na na na, na na na na, na na na na na na na na na na"):  those were supposed to be a temporary placeholder, but no one ever got around to writing actual lyrics.
trainman is a man of trains

Mike Tennant

All Star Blitz question
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2008, 10:35:34 AM »
[quote name=\'trainman\' post=\'175944\' date=\'Jan 22 2008, 10:31 PM\']I prefer the explanation that Dave Barry came up with for "Land of 1,000 Dances" ("I said a na, na na na na, na na na na, na na na na na na na na na na"):  those were supposed to be a temporary placeholder, but no one ever got around to writing actual lyrics.[/quote]This has actually happened.  The song "Tea for Two"  is a noteworthy (pun intended) example; the "temporary" lyrics were never replaced, and the song went on to become a standard.

timpale

All Star Blitz question
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2008, 11:49:40 AM »
The show never actually aired the full vocal version (apart from the opening which contained the "All-Star Blitz" refrain)... that's just the version leaked out from Score Productions.

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
All Star Blitz question
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2008, 02:49:33 PM »
The Robair Tape (tm) has evidence to the contrary.
@lambertman