Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: DoND "Lost" Episode  (Read 2726 times)

MrBuddwing

DoND "Lost" Episode
« on: April 19, 2008, 03:11:26 AM »
NBC's Web site features an episode of DoND that never aired. My question is, Why? I won't spoil anything; let's just say I didn't find it all that unusual.

(Does the contestant not get the prize money because the show never actually aired on NBC?)

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
DoND "Lost" Episode
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 04:56:40 AM »
[quote name=\'MrBuddwing\' post=\'184393\' date=\'Apr 19 2008, 02:11 AM\'] NBC's Web site features an episode of DoND that never aired. My question is, Why? I won't spoil anything; let's just say I didn't find it all that unusual.

(Does the contestant not get the prize money because the show never actually aired on NBC?) [/quote]

Having watched the video, I'll say only that this contestant was unaired for the same reason other contestants have been unaired -- the game was viewed to be unexciting.  And based on the past, I'm pretty sure the contestant was paid here.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 04:57:04 AM by parliboy »
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

Steve Gavazzi

DoND "Lost" Episode
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 01:08:22 PM »
[quote name=\'parliboy\' post=\'184396\' date=\'Apr 19 2008, 04:56 AM\'][quote name=\'MrBuddwing\' post=\'184393\' date=\'Apr 19 2008, 02:11 AM\'] NBC's Web site features an episode of DoND that never aired. My question is, Why? I won't spoil anything; let's just say I didn't find it all that unusual.

(Does the contestant not get the prize money because the show never actually aired on NBC?) [/quote]Having watched the video, I'll say only that this contestant was unaired for the same reason other contestants have been unaired -- the game was viewed to be unexciting.  And based on the past, I'm pretty sure the contestant was paid here.
[/quote]
So wait a minute.  I don't follow Deal or No Deal all that closely...are you guys saying they routinely don't air episodes?  Or at least, more often than that one time at...when was it, the beginning of this season or something?

/Lord, I miss my Andrew O'Keefe fix.

MrBuddwing

DoND "Lost" Episode
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 02:01:07 PM »
[quote name=\'parliboy\' post=\'184396\' date=\'Apr 19 2008, 04:56 AM\']
Having watched the video, I'll say only that this contestant was unaired for the same reason other contestants have been unaired -- the game was viewed to be unexciting.  And based on the past, I'm pretty sure the contestant was paid here.
[/quote]

But the contestant was a real character! Exactly the kind of person they wanted! (No?)

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
DoND "Lost" Episode
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2008, 01:53:34 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' post=\'184411\' date=\'Apr 19 2008, 12:08 PM\'] [quote name=\'parliboy\' post=\'184396\' date=\'Apr 19 2008, 04:56 AM\'] I'll say only that this contestant was unaired for the same reason other contestants have been unaired -- the game was viewed to be unexciting. [/quote]
So wait a minute.  I don't follow Deal or No Deal all that closely...are you guys saying they routinely don't air episodes?  Or at least, more often than that one time at...when was it, the beginning of this season or something?[/quote]

I should couch my use of the word contestants here and say that I don't know if other contestants have had their games pulled besides these two.  While I don't think it's routine, it would not surprise me to know of others.

Apologies if that was misleading.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

ChuckNet

DoND "Lost" Episode
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 11:17:24 PM »
This is the only US ep not to air...it was actually the very first show the $1M Mission format and featured an appearance by LeAnn Rimes (whom the contestant was a fan of) on horseback...why was it pulled? The first two cases the contestant eliminated were - you guessed it - BOTH $1M cases, and NBC thought it would've been a bad way to introduce the gimmick. However, despite the fact that it was unaired, the contestant still got to keep her winnings.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
DoND "Lost" Episode
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 06:38:08 AM »
Chuck, I'm guessing you didn't actually go to the website?
@lambertman

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
DoND "Lost" Episode
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 11:41:50 AM »
[quote name=\'ChrisLambert!\' post=\'184581\' date=\'Apr 22 2008, 03:38 AM\']
Chuck, I'm guessing you didn't actually go to the website?[/quote]
That...is awesome.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

ChuckNet

DoND "Lost" Episode
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2008, 01:16:27 AM »
Mea culpa...yes, that prolly would've helped, wouldn't it? LOL...in any event, there's a section on DoND's Wikipedia entry detailing what I described in my earlier post, which is what I was going by. But yes, I should've actually done some verification to make sure we were on the same page here. Now excuse me, I'm off to the TTD '90 room...

Chuck Donegan (The Less-Than-Perfect "Chuckie Baby")

Kevin Prather

DoND "Lost" Episode
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2008, 01:35:02 AM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' post=\'184627\' date=\'Apr 22 2008, 10:16 PM\']
...there's a section on DoND's Wikipedia entry detailing what I described in my earlier post, which is what I was going by.
[/quote]
That...is awesomer.