Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Tattletales on DVD  (Read 7122 times)

Matt Ottinger

Tattletales on DVD
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2008, 11:27:47 PM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'181780\' date=\'Mar 17 2008, 11:06 PM\']For the 2nd G-T game, I'd love to see a compilation of TTTT games (not necessarily full episodes) featuring the actual person or imposters  before they became household names.[/quote]
Just guessing, but it seems like they'd probably go to What's My Line? before they went to To Tell The Truth (and maybe even before Password).  You've got huge, promotable star power in the mystery guests, even though they're definitely from a different era.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

ChuckNet

Tattletales on DVD
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2008, 07:17:51 PM »
Wonder if they'll surprise us w/one of the few existing 71-74 eps for the Password release...

Chuck Donegan (The Hopeful "Chuckie Baby")

Neumms

Tattletales on DVD
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2008, 12:29:57 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'181784\' date=\'Mar 17 2008, 10:27 PM\']
Just guessing, but it seems like they'd probably go to What's My Line? before they went to To Tell The Truth (and maybe even before Password).  You've got huge, promotable star power in the mystery guests, even though they're definitely from a different era.
[/quote]

There were some great Password guests, though, and they were on the whole show. Jimmy Stewart, Lauren Bacall, Lucy, Sammy. With luck, we'll see all three shows. And with a whole heapin' lot of luck, the compilations will be well chosen and well done.

uncamark

Tattletales on DVD
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2008, 12:42:51 PM »
The other thing is that the non-Fremantle shows mentioned are all owned by companies that have their own home video divisions.  I'm not convinced that Sony is interested in putting out a game show DVD that doesn't have Ken Jennings on it.  And if Warners doesn't even have "Love Connection" on the AOL video site In2TV, why would they want to release it on DVD?

And a "Hollywood Squares" DVD is possible, but MGM might have to run it past CBS Distribution to get permission to use the show's title, which CBSD owns.

BrandonFG

Tattletales on DVD
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2008, 01:21:57 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'181906\' date=\'Mar 19 2008, 12:42 PM\']
The other thing is that the non-Fremantle shows mentioned are all owned by companies that have their own home video divisions.  I'm not convinced that Sony is interested in putting out a game show DVD that doesn't have Ken Jennings on it.  And if Warners doesn't even have "Love Connection" on the AOL video site In2TV, why would they want to release it on DVD?
[/quote]
Keep in mind the person who suggested those two shows has a history for posting ridiculously asinine comment, so consistently that I'm convinced he does it for attention.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Chief-O

• .....and it goes like this!!!
Tattletales on DVD
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2008, 04:06:27 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'181922\' date=\'Mar 19 2008, 12:21 PM\']
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'181906\' date=\'Mar 19 2008, 12:42 PM\']
[/quote]
Keep in mind the person who suggested those two shows has a history for posting ridiculously asinine comment, so consistently that I'm convinced he does it for attention.
[/quote]

Actually, that looked more like sarcasm to me....
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 04:09:46 PM by Chief-O »
There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people: Religion, politics, and the proper wrapping of microphone cables.

Neumms

Tattletales on DVD
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2008, 12:25:44 PM »
Just a note: on the electric sign in front of Menards last night, it said "Studs for sale." So  those frickers must have a DVD.

uncamark

Tattletales on DVD
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2008, 05:54:19 PM »
[quote name=\'Neumms\' post=\'182016\' date=\'Mar 20 2008, 11:25 AM\']
Just a note: on the electric sign in front of Menards last night, it said "Studs for sale." So  those frickers must have a DVD.
[/quote]

No, Menards is running a male prostitution ring.  :)

Face it--that guy who used to do their commercials could've secretly been a pimp on the side.

narzo

Tattletales on DVD
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2008, 06:27:33 AM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'182038\' date=\'Mar 20 2008, 04:54 PM\']
[/quote]

Face it--that guy who used to do their commercials could've secretly been a pimp on the side.
[/quote]

hey, this guy rules!  http://www.menardsguy.com/index.htm

honestly he's one of the dying bread of great, "hometown" personalities.

uncamark

Tattletales on DVD
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2008, 11:40:34 AM »
[quote name=\'narzo\' post=\'182079\' date=\'Mar 21 2008, 05:27 AM\']
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'182038\' date=\'Mar 20 2008, 04:54 PM\']
[/quote]

[/quote]

hey, this guy rules!  http://www.menardsguy.com/index.htm

honestly he's one of the dying bread of great, "hometown" personalities.
[/quote]

And all of us in the Midwest can sing that jingle.

And if their in-house TV ad department is still using a Video Toaster for their graphics, God bless them...

Neumms

Tattletales on DVD
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2008, 12:17:36 PM »
[quote name=\'narzo\' post=\'182079\' date=\'Mar 21 2008, 05:27 AM\']
onestly he's one of the dying bread of great, "hometown" personalities.
[/quote]

"Great" is a rather glaring overstatement.

And I'm not sure the breed is dying--there are those two dingalings for Watson's spas, for example. And Narzo, you're in Minnesota, right? There's Denny Hecker, so busy saving us money on cars that he does his radio spots via cell phone, audio clarity be damned.

mcsittel

Tattletales on DVD
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2008, 11:14:29 PM »
And in how many markets can you find Tom Park helping sell cars?  He's here in Omaha ("H&H Chevrolet, where it's fast, fun and friendly") then also in upstate New York ("Fuccillo Auto Mall").  

/Save big money at Menard's!
//I like their holiday jingle better.

sshuffield70

Tattletales on DVD
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2008, 04:47:34 PM »
[quote name=\'mcsittel\' post=\'182160\' date=\'Mar 21 2008, 11:14 PM\']
And in how many markets can you find Tom Park helping sell cars?  He's here in Omaha ("H&H Chevrolet, where it's fast, fun and friendly") then also in upstate New York ("Fuccillo Auto Mall").  

/Save big money at Menard's!
//I like their holiday jingle better.
[/quote]

And he's been working in Dallas for many years for various dealers down there.