Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Family Feud" heading to primetime  (Read 4865 times)

dzinkin

"Family Feud" heading to primetime
« on: March 26, 2008, 06:14:04 AM »
Full article is here.  Excerpt:

Survey says: "Family Feud" is heading to primetime.

NBC and "American Idol" producer FremantleMedia North America are prepping a celebrity edition of the classic quizzer and are fast-tracking it for broadcast as soon as this summer. While the "Feud" format is more than 30 years old, the series has never aired as a regular primetime network show.

pianogeek

• LET'S PLAY!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 07:27:27 AM »
Just two days ago at lunch, I was thinking how Family Feud would flourish on prime time.  Just being on CBS with O'Hurley at the post.

But yeah, kickass!  :)

/Just my two cents.
-Sanford

tpirfan28

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 07:52:29 AM »
Yeah, primetime Feud is nice, and Gladiators didn't suck royal (headling an "all-american summer" on NBC), but what about Million Dollar Concentration!?

/wishing, but it probably won't happen
//there's still Million Dollar Pyramid too
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 07:52:38 AM by tpirfan28 »
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

mrmatchgame

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 07:57:00 AM »
What About Million Dollar Millionaire? If only such a format existed.

pianogeek

• LET'S PLAY!
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 08:50:23 AM »
Million Dollar Game Game is spiffy as next year's mid-season replacement on FOX.
-Sanford

Clay Zambo

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 09:56:08 AM »
Okay, fine, why not, but since when is Feud a "quizzer"?
czambo@mac.com

BrandonFG

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2008, 10:21:56 AM »
[quote name=\'Clay Zambo\' post=\'182506\' date=\'Mar 26 2008, 09:56 AM\']
[/quote]
That's Variety-speak.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

entguy1

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2008, 10:40:11 AM »
When they say "celebrity edition," do you think it's going to be random celebs (I'm Kathy Griffin, this is my cousin Coolio...) or casts of TV shows, a la Dawson FF? And what shows would have casts willing, available and recognizable?

BrandonFG

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2008, 10:53:40 AM »
[quote name=\'entguy1\' post=\'182512\' date=\'Mar 26 2008, 10:40 AM\']
When they say "celebrity edition," do you think it's going to be random celebs (I'm Kathy Griffin, this is my cousin Coolio...) or casts of TV shows, a la Dawson FF? And what shows would have casts willing, available and recognizable?
[/quote]
All pure speculation.

Being Fremantle, I'm guessing they'll get some Idol castoffs, like "Temptation" did.

Being NBC, I'm sure they have a few show co-stars willing to make an appearance. Some of "The Office" cast members made a guest appearance on D/ND, and although you prolly won't get Steve Carell or Rainn Wilson, the supporting cast is arguably just as well-known as those two. Honestly, their Thursday comedies have a very loyal following, and pulling in some co-stars from "30 Rock" or "My Name is Earl" wouldn't be a bad idea.

Being NBC/Universal, I'm guessing they might get folks from their USA or SciFi Network shows...
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Clay Zambo

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2008, 11:51:37 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'182509\' date=\'Mar 26 2008, 10:21 AM\']
[/quote]
That's Variety-speak.
[/quote]

That was irony.  But thanks.
czambo@mac.com

bscripps

• Button-Pushing Monkey
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2008, 12:09:14 PM »
[quote name=\'Clay Zambo\' post=\'182519\' date=\'Mar 26 2008, 11:51 AM\']
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'182509\' date=\'Mar 26 2008, 10:21 AM\']
[/quote]
That's Variety-speak.
[/quote]

That was irony.  But thanks.
[/quote]

Ooh...Million Dollar Variety Password!

\The password is "boffo".  
\\Ding.
Ben Scripps. Professional button-pushing monkey.

weaklink75

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2008, 12:11:23 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'182513\' date=\'Mar 26 2008, 10:53 AM\']
[quote name=\'entguy1\' post=\'182512\' date=\'Mar 26 2008, 10:40 AM\']
[/quote]
All pure speculation.

Being Fremantle, I'm guessing they'll get some Idol castoffs, like "Temptation" did.

Being NBC, I'm sure they have a few show co-stars willing to make an appearance. Some of "The Office" cast members made a guest appearance on D/ND, and although you prolly won't get Steve Carell or Rainn Wilson, the supporting cast is arguably just as well-known as those two. Honestly, their Thursday comedies have a very loyal following, and pulling in some co-stars from "30 Rock" or "My Name is Earl" wouldn't be a bad idea.

Being NBC/Universal, I'm guessing they might get folks from their USA or SciFi Network shows...
[/quote]

If they get 30 Rock, maybe Alec Baldwin will do it...(SNL skit transcript)...

And I would suspect some GS synergy- "Deal or No Deal" vs "American Gladiators" perhaps? (Though I suspect Crush would break the buzzer).

And one way they might want to make the prime-time versions different than the normal versions is perhaps use the "top answer bonus" in Fast Money like some of the foreign versions do- maybe $20K if they get 200, but $50K if  they get 200 and all five #1 answers between them?

tvwxman

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2008, 12:15:52 PM »
[quote name=\'weaklink75\' post=\'182521\' date=\'Mar 26 2008, 12:11 PM\']
And one way they might want to make the prime-time versions different than the normal versions is perhaps use the "top answer bonus" in Fast Money like some of the foreign versions do- maybe $20K if they get 200, but $50K if  they get 200 and all five #1 answers between them?
[/quote]
Just make it 100K for their charity if they win. Plain and simple.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

uncamark

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2008, 12:21:35 PM »
And I would hope that O'Hurley would be hosting.  In fact, especially considering that he could be considered part of the NBC family for the Thanksgiving Day dog show he hosts, there's no reason why outside of other commitments that he shouldn't be hosting.

tvwxman

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2008, 12:26:55 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'182526\' date=\'Mar 26 2008, 12:21 PM\']
And I would hope that O'Hurley would be hosting.  In fact, especially considering that he could be considered part of the NBC family for the Thanksgiving Day dog show he hosts, there's no reason why outside of other commitments that he shouldn't be hosting.
[/quote]
No. I say go with Carrot Top. That way, they get the younger demographic. And the bodybuilders.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"