Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A letter from Art James' Daughter.  (Read 1389 times)

mrmatchgame

A letter from Art James' Daughter.
« on: March 28, 2008, 04:21:05 PM »
Checking my youtube account I got a PM message today from a person by the name of "Jennifer James Christie."

Thank you so much for posting video of my late dad, Art James. Today is the anniversary of his passing, and it made my day to hear his voice and see him.

Sincerely,
Jennifer James Christie

I don't know if anybody else received one like this. I only ask because I know its youtube and anybody can join.

P.S. This is the video she was referring too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV145AObsXE

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 04:39:56 PM »
[quote name=\'mrmatchgame\' post=\'182750\' date=\'Mar 28 2008, 04:21 PM\']
I don't know if anybody else received one like this. I only ask because I know its youtube and anybody can join.[/quote]
If she sent a thank-you note to everyone, it didn't take her very long.  Search for "Art James" (in quotes) on YouTube and there are only two videos featuring the game show host: yours and a clip from Super Pay Cards.

That's not to say Art James isn't represented elsewhere on YouTube.  A search for 'peanut butter blooper' for example brings up the Peter Pan classic, but he's not identified by name.

If I were you, I'd get back in touch with her and offer to make her copies of her dad's appearances you have in your collection.  And if you don't want to, I'm sure you could point her in the direction of any number of people here who would.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

narzo

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 02:45:28 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'182751\' date=\'Mar 28 2008, 03:39 PM\']
[quote name=\'mrmatchgame\' post=\'182750\' date=\'Mar 28 2008, 04:21 PM\']
I don't know if anybody else received one like this. I only ask because I know its youtube and anybody can join.[/quote]
If she sent a thank-you note to everyone, it didn't take her very long.  Search for "Art James" (in quotes) on YouTube and there are only two videos featuring the game show host: yours and a clip from Super Pay Cards.

That's not to say Art James isn't represented elsewhere on YouTube.  A search for 'peanut butter blooper' for example brings up the Peter Pan classic, but he's not identified by name.

If I were you, I'd get back in touch with her and offer to make her copies of her dad's appearances you have in your collection.  And if you don't want to, I'm sure you could point her in the direction of any number of people here who would.
[/quote]

i had a whole episode up and had some "lawyers" take down parts.  I'll make it available for her for sure if she likes.  I have it and one short "end game" from same show, very short part.

TimK2003

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 11:56:07 AM »
[quote name=\'narzo\' post=\'182775\' date=\'Mar 29 2008, 02:45 AM\']
I had a whole episode up and had some "lawyers" take down parts.  I'll make it available for her for sure if she likes.  I have it and one short "end game" from same show, very short part.
[/quote]

And I have a copy of the nearly 1-hour phone interview with Art and the GSC attendees back in 1998 with a boatload of great stories.  Contact me if she'd like a copy.