Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Family Feud" heading to primetime  (Read 4866 times)

jalman

"Family Feud" heading to primetime
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2008, 01:06:48 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'182529\' date=\'Mar 26 2008, 12:26 PM\']
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'182526\' date=\'Mar 26 2008, 12:21 PM\']
And I would hope that O'Hurley would be hosting.  In fact, especially considering that he could be considered part of the NBC family for the Thanksgiving Day dog show he hosts, there's no reason why outside of other commitments that he shouldn't be hosting.
[/quote]
No. I say go with Carrot Top. That way, they get the younger demographic. And the bodybuilders.
[/quote]
I approve.  And the CGI used for Chairman of the Board was money well spent.   He's greater than that other young upstart O'Brien.

/O'Brien-O'Hurley '08 sounds good.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2008, 01:07:51 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'182529\' date=\'Mar 26 2008, 09:26 AM\']
No. I say go with Carrot Top. That way, they get the younger demographic. And the bodybuilders.[/quote]
Thank God for you, sir.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

CJBojangles

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2008, 02:02:31 PM »
And TBS is readying a primetime take on Fremantle's "Match Game."
Wha?

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2008, 02:19:51 PM »
[quote name=\'CJBojangles\' post=\'182540\' date=\'Mar 26 2008, 02:02 PM\']
Wha?
[/quote]

FOX passed on "Wha?" so Fremantle pitched it to TBS.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

uncamark

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2008, 02:21:23 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'182543\' date=\'Mar 26 2008, 01:19 PM\']
Wha?
[/quote]

[/quote]

And I thought it was for late-night.

Neumms

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2008, 04:49:41 PM »
If "Feud" appears, what other games have aired on three networks? There are TPIR, Password and Match Game.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2008, 05:25:55 PM »
[quote name=\'Neumms\' post=\'182555\' date=\'Mar 26 2008, 04:49 PM\']
If "Feud" appears, what other games have aired on three networks? There are TPIR, Password and Match Game.
[/quote]

"Play Your Hunch." "Pantomime Quiz" (also Dumont), "Masquerade Party" and Bert Parks' "Break the Bank."  There may be others.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Marc412

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2008, 06:22:13 PM »
[quote name=\'entguy1\' post=\'182512\' date=\'Mar 26 2008, 10:40 AM\']
When they say "celebrity edition," do you think it's going to be random celebs (I'm Kathy Griffin, this is my cousin Coolio...) or casts of TV shows, a la Dawson FF? And what shows would have casts willing, available and recognizable?
[/quote]

They could do what the British did with All Star Family Fortunes (or indeed, what CBS did on Game Show Marathon)--have two stars and their families play against each other.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2008, 06:38:30 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'182513\' date=\'Mar 26 2008, 10:53 AM\']
All pure speculation.
Being NBC, I'm sure they have a few show co-stars willing to make an appearance. Some of "The Office" cast members made a guest appearance on D/ND, and although you prolly won't get Steve Carell or Rainn Wilson, the supporting cast is arguably just as well-known as those two. Honestly, their Thursday comedies have a very loyal following, and pulling in some co-stars from "30 Rock" or "My Name is Earl" wouldn't be a bad idea.
Being NBC/Universal, I'm guessing they might get folks from their USA or SciFi Network shows...[/quote]
Put me down in favor of any or all of that.  The fun of the old 70s and 80s Feud specials was seeing casts of shows playing together and having fun, including many who didn't really do game shows as a rule.  Anybody who thinks he's "too big" to be doing that sort of thing in this day and age is deluding himself about the state of television today.

I wouldn't even mind if it ended up being something NBC/U limited to its own series, but it ought to be show vs show, not just a bunch of actors all thrown together.  And I'm sorry, but watching Rainn Wilson and his real-life family vs. Ethan Suplee and his real-life family is not going to cut it for me.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Sodboy13

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2008, 06:39:40 PM »
Consider the source here, but the little news blurb screen in my office building's elevator specifically named the Baldwins as a potential family on the show.

It also said FF was "returning to TV," so there's that.

/something tells me Alec's daughter won't be on the team
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 06:40:39 PM by Sodboy13 »
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

tvwxman

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2008, 07:08:40 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'182513\' date=\'Mar 26 2008, 10:53 AM\']
Being Fremantle, I'm guessing they'll get some Idol castoffs, like "Temptation" did.

Being NBC, I'm sure they have a few show co-stars willing to make an appearance. Some of "The Office" cast members made a guest appearance on D/ND, and although you prolly won't get Steve Carell or Rainn Wilson, the supporting cast is arguably just as well-known as those two. Honestly, their Thursday comedies have a very loyal following, and pulling in some co-stars from "30 Rock" or "My Name is Earl" wouldn't be a bad idea.

Being NBC/Universal, I'm guessing they might get folks from their USA or SciFi Network shows...
[/quote]
Okay...and then what?

Seriously. There aren't enough hits for NBC to go through (assuming they do the old 4 shows in one hour format. Or they do 2 shows in one half hour. Either way, it's 4).... so what do you do after that?  Idol? Wrong network, and unlike "Temptation", this isn't syndication. No other network is going to approve of sharing their stars on another network.

This is just like "Million Dollar Password" , which didn't have any non-CBS celebrities...

They're going to have to go the Brit route and play 2 stars with their families.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 07:09:40 PM by tvwxman »
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

tpirfan28

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2008, 07:26:05 PM »
There's maybe enough for a small weekly order (maybe 8-10 eps)...the three Law and Orders (if they even have different casts), Deal or No Deal, Gladiators, the four comedies, Biggest Loser, Monk (starting to air on NBC soon), the gang from Today, maybe "Football Night in America", ER...that's all I can think of now.  That's at least 7 with casts.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

tvwxman

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2008, 07:48:34 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'182571\' date=\'Mar 26 2008, 07:26 PM\']
There's maybe enough for a small weekly order (maybe 8-10 eps)...the three Law and Orders (if they even have different casts), Deal or No Deal, Gladiators, the four comedies, Biggest Loser, Monk (starting to air on NBC soon), the gang from Today, maybe "Football Night in America", ER...that's all I can think of now.  That's at least 7 with casts.
[/quote]
I'm not saying you're wrong.... I'm just saying that there is no way you're EVER going to see half of the above playing the Feud.

The Today Show? Not going to happen. Evar.
ER? Nope.
Biggest Loser? Now you're just playing with civilians again.

I'd even venture that the cast from Scrubs, My Name is Earl, and the Office won't show up either. At least, not the major ones...who does that leave you with? Crab-man? Nurse #2? The Todd? I pass.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

TimK2003

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2008, 07:53:47 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'182543\' date=\'Mar 26 2008, 02:19 PM\']
Wha?
[/quote]

[/quote]

But TBS did not like the gameshow "it" , saying "it" was too easy for the $10M prize.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2008, 09:20:26 PM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'182575\' date=\'Mar 26 2008, 07:53 PM\']But TBS did not like the gameshow "it" , saying "it" was too easy for the $10M prize.[/quote]
You joke, but Gene Rayburn actually hosted a game show pilot that was called "It"
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.