Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Temptation cutbacks?  (Read 1901 times)

tvmitch

Temptation cutbacks?
« on: March 25, 2008, 03:15:44 PM »
WPMT, Fox affiliate for the Lancaster-Lebanon-York-Harrisburg, PA market, has cut back Temptation to one airing. It now airs once only at 12:30pm daily instead of a double run starting at noon. What fills the 12n slot? The infinitely more popular "Paid Programming," which will probably double PMT's ratings at noon!

WPMT still airs a double-run of Crosswords at 1 and FF at 2.

Anyone else see similar cutbacks for the Rossmeister?

EDIT: to the mods, would someone mind correcting my subject-verb agreement in the title? Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 03:21:24 PM by dzinkin »
You should follow me on Twitter

dzinkin

Temptation cutbacks?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 03:21:46 PM »
[quote name=\'mitchgroff\' post=\'182442\' date=\'Mar 25 2008, 03:15 PM\']
EDIT: to the mods, would someone mind correcting my subject-verb agreement in the title? Thanks.
[/quote]
Us not wants to. :-P

Chelsea Thrasher

Temptation cutbacks?
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 10:15:55 PM »
It didn't get cut back, as there wasn't a secondary airing to cut, but Temptation got majorly downgraded in Nashville a couple of months ago - from 5 PM CT to 3:30 AM CT.  And this is on a MyNetworkTV affiliate no less.

Tony Peters

• Here is your first subject. GO!
Temptation cutbacks?
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 11:14:49 AM »
[quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' post=\'182475\' date=\'Mar 25 2008, 09:15 PM\']
It didn't get cut back, as there wasn't a secondary airing to cut, but Temptation got majorly downgraded in Nashville a couple of months ago - from 5 PM CT to 3:30 AM CT.  And this is on a MyNetworkTV affiliate no less.
[/quote]
WUXP 30, which also has the distinction of being a MyNetworkTV station that airs Jeopardy!. I would say the only one, but I don't know for sure (didn't I read somewhere that the one in Atlanta - co-owned with WXIA 11 Alive - runs it and Wheel now?).
AFAIK, Jeopardy! has never done well in the Nashville market, hence its station placement.
Sometimes I find myself missing the days when cats ruled the internet...

colonial

Temptation cutbacks?
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 11:41:30 AM »
[quote name='Tony Peters' date='Mar 26 2008, 11:14 AM' post='182515']
[quote name='Seth Thrasher' post='182475' date='Mar 25 2008, 09:15 PM']

WUXP 30, which also has the distinction of being a MyNetworkTV station that airs Jeopardy!. I would say the only one, but I don't know for sure (didn't I read somewhere that the one in Atlanta - co-owned with WXIA 11 Alive - runs it and Wheel now?).
AFAIK, Jeopardy! has never done well in the Nashville market, hence its station placement.
[/quote]

Yes. the MyNet affiliate in Atlanta airs Wheel and J! weeknights from 7-8p ET, as well as the weekend encore Saturday nights from 7-8.

James

comicus

Temptation cutbacks?
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 05:59:13 AM »
WBGN in Pittsburgh ran infomercials in place of the second 6:30 p.m. broadcast for several weeks, but seems to have resumed the full double run.  When they originally cut down to single run, that, to me, was the tell-tale sign that the show wasn't long for this world... if Temptation wasn't pulling in high enough numbers to satisfy WBGN ("59 isn't just our home on the dial, it's also our number of viewers"), then what prayer does it have on, y'know, a real TV station?

I will be stunned if Rossi sees a second season.

Jimmy Owen

Temptation cutbacks?
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2008, 08:09:56 AM »
Just think of infomercials as "Temptation" without all those silly game elements. :)
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.