Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Power of 10" and "Gladiators" premiere in Austral  (Read 1011 times)

pownster

"Power of 10" and "Gladiators" premiere in Austral
« on: March 31, 2008, 09:39:32 PM »
Ramped up with weeks and weeks of promos - the Aussie versions of "Gladiators" and "Power of 10" premiered on Sunday and Monday respectively. Both shows are certainly big in scale (especially by our standards) - and in the case of "Power of 10", follow the US version very closely (the only difference I can see being the cash progressions - $100, $1000, $10000, $100000, $1 million rather than $1000 up to $10 million as per the American show. I understand "Gladiators" has been modelled on our old verison from the 1990's plus bits of the Swedish and US versions.

I can see "Gladiators" surviving without any issues - however, I'm not sure whether the "Power of 10" will fare as well with Australian viewers (despite host Steven Jacobs being a great choice for the show) - the format really isn't that exciting IMHO. "Gladiators" has been marketed as family-viewing, and with some well-known personalities amongst the Gladiators (Kouta and Olympia), I think viewers will be attracted.

I will try to get some clips up in the following days so you can be the judge and check the shows out for yourselves.
Chris Powney

Australian Game Show Home Page

http://members.iinet.net.au/~powney/gameshow/homepage.htm

Sodboy13

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 10:37:20 PM »
I didn't see Power of 10 listed, but Aussie Gladiators is available on Diwana, for those so inclined.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

Brig Bother

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 11:59:12 AM »
It's very good (more UKG1998 than AG2008), and the Glads have all got tonnes of personality (I did a big LOL at Thunder's comment about it "not being unusual to leave a girl speechless").

The Pendulum swing seems a bit weak though.

TravisP

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 03:05:28 PM »
Chris, I heard that The Rich List and 1 Vs 100 are returning for their respected second series. Any word on them returning? Also what is the latest on Seven reviving The Weakest Link?