Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Where Are They Now:  (Read 1914 times)

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
Where Are They Now:
« on: April 12, 2008, 07:17:52 PM »
This was news to me, since I had never seen Anitra in anything other than The Price is Right and her cameo in The Longest Yard.

She's now an accomplished photographer; she displays her work in Southern California galleries.

Here's a picture of her these days.

If you go to the page on which the image is located, you can also see a picture of her daughter, Erin.
Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Where Are They Now:
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 11:13:41 AM »
A model from the golden age of TPIR who was lucky enough to avoid all that sheeot with B.B.

The Pyramids

Where Are They Now:
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 12:43:30 PM »
I've actually been quite taken with her lately from watching the 'TPIR' dvd.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Where Are They Now:
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 02:37:23 PM »
There is a full-page picture of her and Janice in Stan Blits' book and they look good.

davemackey

Where Are They Now:
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 04:09:09 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' post=\'183916\' date=\'Apr 13 2008, 02:37 PM\']
There is a full-page picture of her and Janice in Stan Blits' book and they look good.
[/quote]
Janice and Anitra were probably the two hottest women on TV in 1974; they brought sexy to the previously chaste world of game show modeling.

calliaume

Where Are They Now:
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 10:45:02 PM »
[quote name=\'DoorNumberFour\' post=\'183884\' date=\'Apr 12 2008, 06:17 PM\']
[/quote]
The picture's almost 10 years old (yikes -- 1999 is almost 10 years ago), but she still looked very nice.

uncamark

Where Are They Now:
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2008, 05:38:10 PM »
[quote name=\'DoorNumberFour\' post=\'183884\' date=\'Apr 12 2008, 06:17 PM\']
This was news to me, since I had never seen Anitra in anything other than The Price is Right and her cameo in The Longest Yard.

She's now an accomplished photographer; she displays her work in Southern California galleries.

If you go to the page on which the image is located, you can also see a picture of her daughter, Erin.
[/quote]

I believe that Erin appeared with her on "TPIR" when they did a children's toy Showcase--she wore a junior version of the same clothes her mom wore that day--and since they played the same celeste version of the theme that always used to accompany toys as one-bids or small prize items, it may've been the only time one of the alternate versions of the theme was used as a Showcase cue.  (It also seems to me that the contestant bid something like $150 on the Showcase of FAO Schwarz toys--and of course, was way off.)