Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Best and Worst of Uploading Game Shows On...  (Read 8776 times)

mrmatchgame

The Best and Worst of Uploading Game Shows On...
« on: April 16, 2008, 09:46:23 PM »
The Best...
I uploaded an episode of Blankety Blank w/ Les Dawson, About a week ago I got a PM from one of the contestants daughters and she explained that her father died a few years ago and didn't have a copy of the show. This truly made me cried. The copy of the DVD is ready to be shipped out to her tomorrow. It truly makes me feel good that she'll have the DVD's in her hands soon.

The Worst...
I have been uploading more and more full length episodes, and now I have a bunch of #$%jobs asking me when the next set of videos will be uploaded. I made a post saying Sometime after tax day and a few hours ago one guy made the same post "Tax day is over why Aren't you posting any new videos?"

That is not even the half of it.  Here is a PM message that I got at least 3 times so far.

Subject: mikek1975
Can you contact You Tube user mikek1975 and ask the person why I am blocked from the channel and it is possible that the user can unblock me so I can subscribe to the videos that the user has? Thanks a lot

Why? Why should I care about somebody being banned on somebody's else's page?

It gets to the point in which I really don't give a damn anymore and stop uploading videos period.

I know there are some who feel the same, I just blowing off some steam right now. I would write more but I'm tired.

tpirfan28

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 09:55:42 PM »
The fact that mikek1975 is our own MikeK is simply amazing.  I'm sure he had a good reason for it.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

johnnyd1788

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 09:58:11 PM »
Youtube has turned into MySpace. I wonder what site the kiddoz will take over next...

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 10:01:28 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'184205\' date=\'Apr 16 2008, 09:55 PM\']The fact that mikek1975 is our own MikeK is simply amazing.  I'm sure he had a good reason for it.[/quote]
You mean besides the fact that every time that this person misses something on GSN, he wants it on DVD pronto, and that this guy doesn't understand the words "Leave me alone"?

Quite a few people on this board have had an experience with this chucklehead over the last 24 hours.  Just ignore him or block him, and move on.

/Thoroughly enjoying these "mikek1975 is a meanie!  Waaaaaaaah!" after a crap day at work and a worse interview.
//...or not.
///Just give the guy his blankie, a bottle of formula and tell him to STFU.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 10:01:59 PM by MikeK »

dzinkin

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 10:22:24 PM »
This particular poster tried to post one of his "trade" requests multiple times today.  (Hint: anyone who uses the words "I have to" regarding two episodes of a 1970s game show that's been rerun on GSN several times -- unless he or a family member was a contestant on said shows -- has issues.)  And he's tried to post several other "trade" requests.

Unfortunately his idea of "trade" is "gimme gimme gimme I really want it gimme gimme gimme."  As one of my co-moderators reminds me, this is one of the reasons why we discourage most trading talk in the first place.

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2008, 10:45:40 PM »
[quote name=\'mrmatchgame\' post=\'184201\' date=\'Apr 16 2008, 09:46 PM\']
Subject: mikek1975
Can you contact You Tube user mikek1975 and ask the person why I am blocked from the channel and it is possible that the user can unblock me so I can subscribe to the videos that the user has? Thanks a lot
[/quote]
Holy crap. Okay, our friend Julius posted a request on my page asking "Hey Adam, can you post some Showcase Showdowns from 1975-1990?" Within 30 minutes, I received a private message from Julius: "Hey Adam, can you post some Showcase Showdowns from 1975-1990?" 15 minutes later, I received an e-mail on my Hotmail account: "Hey Adam, can you post some Showcase Showdowns from 1975-1990?"

The punchline: Julius sent me another e-mail that day: "Can you e-mail Mike and ask him why I'm blocked from his board?" At this point, I hadn't put 2+2 together and realized that Julius was the trouble-making bad trader discussed here, so I sent him a less-than-diplomatic reply: "You've sent me three messages in less than an hour. Gee, I have no idea why Mike would block you." Then I blocked him from MY page and e-mail.

SEPARATE TANGENT: And WHY would anybody have such a desperate urge to see old installments of the one segment of TPIR that is the most unflinchingly consistent from day-to-day? If you want to see a Showcase Showdown from 1981, just watch the show tomorrow and paste a photo of black-haired Bob to the screen. It's pretty much the same thing.

/Sad part: Julius STILL isn't the biggest cockpunch posting to people's videos on YouTube.
//PTH4FUN will retire that award.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2008, 11:04:47 PM »
[quote name=\'Adam Nedeff\' post=\'184218\' date=\'Apr 16 2008, 07:45 PM\']
SEPARATE TANGENT: And WHY would anybody have such a desperate urge to see old installments of the one segment of TPIR that is the most unflinchingly consistent from day-to-day?[/quote]
Dude, trust me on this: Don't waste the brain cycles trying to answer questions like that. It only makes your head hurt.

/if you have commenting turned on on your YouTube videos, you deserve what you get
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 11:05:48 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Scrabbleship

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2008, 07:35:40 AM »
Having known (of) Julius from other forums where he did the same thing with radio airchecks*, I can say that Julius has some...how do I put this lightly...issues. Given that he hasn't relented there, I suggest that we treat him the same we treat ILOVEGS...Erik M. and not cave in to his demands.

/* Take out "Showcase Showdown" and replace with "WFIL" or "WCAU-FM".
//98 Now!!

sshuffield70

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2008, 08:05:23 AM »
His incessant stupid posts over at GSN are why he's been on my ignore list.

joshg

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2008, 06:11:42 PM »
Julius strikes again. From my YouTube inbox (enjoy with a lovely beverage):

Now you See It/Lynn Heath
I'm looking for the first 2 episodes of Now You See It with a contestant and current champion named Lynn Heath, the one with the long blond hair and the glasses that I think it started airing last week on GSN at 1:30 AM EDT Wednesday-Saturday mornings. GSN aired Linda's 3rd, 4th and 5th episodes early Saturday, Wednesday and this morning. I have those 3 episodes on video tape. I would like to get the episodes of her first 2 appearances on the show on VHS or DVD-R. I would very much like to see the episodes so if you happen to record the first 2 episodes of her current run on the show , please contact me if it would be possible to get dubbed copies of it from you. Thanks

(followup message)

Now you See It/Lynn Heath
or can you post the episodes on you tube?

I'm torn. Should I help him or block his effin ass? Oh, I don't know. Maybe I should stop packing for our move back to PA and dub all that he asks for. Maybe it will make him happy. Maybe I should charge him $$$ and see if he pays, sort of like a scientific experiment or something. Grrr... I agree with MrMG, why should I upload a video to YouTube when these needy people beg for more? I wanted to share stuff... I'm not the effin Josh TV network (although that would be sweet; different thread for another day). I fell into the "begging for shows" trap, I apologized and moved on. If I missed the show, I make a note and move on. I think of this as collecting video baseball cards; it's my hobby. I don't collect much else. My wife hates it and it takes up space. I got lucky that I had the two Double Dare eps on tape that GSN skipped. That's probably where all of this started.

Josh
Because Chiffon Wrinkles...

tpirfan28

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2008, 06:45:12 PM »
Now you see him....

...now you don't.

/block FTW
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

ChuckNet

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2008, 01:28:59 AM »
Got a similar message via e-mail (it was a mass one sent out to a bunch of traders, including myself...at least I'm in good company! LOL), and I wouldn't bother...this guy basically wants the world to go into a holding pattern until he can catch up on EVERY ep of a particular GSN show he might have missed, and even if you try to send him just one ep as a "pacifier" of sorts, he'll just hound you for more until he gets it. Yes, I've done "free" dubs in the past for people who might have appeared on a particular ep or had a friend/relative who did, but they didn't keep begging for more afterwards, which is the sad situation here.

Trust me, between my job and home life, I don't have time for an episode of Why I Absolutely Must Have Every Show Aired By GSN That I Miss...that's one episode I wouldn't post an AGTOT alert for. :-D

Chuck Donegan (The Taking-The-Good-With-The-Bad "Chuckie Baby")

dzinkin

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2008, 06:21:43 AM »
Without going into excruciating detail, given his attempted posts, his emails and the posts that he reports to the mods, Julius is under the impression that our Eligibility Requirements consist of the following:

1. Julius May is entitled to a copy of every show ever aired on GSN, immediately after airing, and anyone who does not send a show to Julius should be banned.

2. Julius is entitled to pester anyone and everyone, as often as he likes, for the shows in question, and anyone who does not wish to be pestered or suggests that the pestering has gone too far should be banned.

3. It is essential that when Julius has nothing substantive to say, he should trot out some information that everyone else already knows as an attempt to show off his alleged superiority.  This is permitted on the GSN boards, therefore it is permitted everywhere else and anyone who disagrees should be banned.
I may have missed something, but I don't remember having signed up for that kind of board when Matt and Chris asked me to become a co-moderator.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 06:22:28 AM by dzinkin »

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2008, 08:18:54 AM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' post=\'184628\' date=\'Apr 23 2008, 01:28 AM\']this guy basically wants the world to go into a holding pattern until he can catch up on EVERY ep of a particular GSN show he might have missed, and even if you try to send him just one ep as a "pacifier" of sorts, he'll just hound you for more until he gets it.[/quote]
And that was your mistake.  Julius went back to the well too often because he knew you gave him some free stuff.  I'm not saying don't give away an episode or two out of generosity to traders, but you shouldn't be surprised if people who got something from you gratis once try to capitalize on your generosity again and again.

ChuckNet

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2008, 08:33:01 AM »
And that was your mistake. Julius went back to the well too often because he knew you gave him some free stuff. I'm not saying don't give away an episode or two out of generosity to traders, but you shouldn't be surprised if people who got something from you gratis once try to capitalize on your generosity again and again.

Sage advice...however, I should mention that I never actually sent him anything and was just speaking hypothetically in my earlier post. In fact, it was your original post which served as a "heads-up" for me when I first recieved a mass e-mail from him not long after.

Chuck Donegan (The Grateful "Chuckie Baby")