Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Trivia Trap Final Episode  (Read 2999 times)

Don Howard

Trivia Trap Final Episode
« on: April 17, 2008, 07:44:25 AM »
Judging from the GSN pdf, the final episode of Trivia Trap (original air date April 5th 1985) will roll on The Network For Games next week late Wednesday (the 23rd)/early Thursday (the 24th).
My twenty-three year old memory of the show recalls that Bob kept it together during a very nice closing statement. Helping matters, certainly, is knowing he was about to be hosting two game shows a little ways down the calendar, having already announced on Hour Magazine during game show host appreciation week that he would be hosting the revivals of The Newlywed Game and Card Sharks during the upcoming season.
I realize the VIPs amongst us already have this episode on the trading circuit, but to the commoners with unwashed hands such as yours truly, this is a bit of a big deal. So ready your VCR, DVR or Tivo.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 08:10:47 AM by Don Howard »

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 08:15:13 AM »
Job security isn't everything, though.  Even though he knew he would be jetting off to Hawaii to tape "Diamond Head" with the lovely Jane Nelson at the end of ABC TNG, he cried.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Clay Zambo

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 09:53:02 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'184247\' date=\'Apr 17 2008, 08:15 AM\']
Job security isn't everything, though.  Even though he knew he would be jetting off to Hawaii to tape "Diamond Head" with the lovely Jane Nelson at the end of ABC TNG, he cried.
[/quote]

The lovely Ms. Nelson aside, knowing that "Diamond Head Game" was next on the agenda would seem to bring a tear to one's eye.
czambo@mac.com

tvmitch

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 11:06:40 AM »
I haven't seen the finale, but I do remember reading in a couple places that TT was Eubanks' least favorite show...so I'm sure he wasn't too broken up that he'd be back in a familiar place very soon.
You should follow me on Twitter

BillCullen1

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 12:53:29 PM »
IIRC, Bob thanked Mark Goodson and the crew for having "class" and that it took him almost 20 years to work for MGP.  My favorite format of TT was the original one, where you had to eliminate the wrong answers.  I really didn't like the "Fact or Fiction" round.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 02:55:50 PM »
I've seen very few of them in my time, but MUST emcees get all maudlin and blubbery over the cancellation of a damn GAME SHOW? I say this after seeing Richard Dawson's FF farewell many years after the fact. Yes, you'll be unemployed, but you're probably a multimillionaire by now given how much you were paid and judging from your estate on Angelo Drive in Beverly Hills.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 02:56:53 PM by chris319 »

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 04:31:33 PM »
Well, if it's any consolation, ABC didn't air that last Dawson episode, so we never saw it until GSN ran it.

I always appreciated a wrap-up though just as "thank-you" to the viewer for investing the time and a heads-up that the show wouldn't be on anymore.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 04:33:04 PM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 04:48:03 PM »
Same with me.   On the handful of shows where they didn't at least acknowledge it was the last show, I was kind of disappointed.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008, 05:13:06 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' post=\'184593\' date=\'Apr 22 2008, 01:55 PM\']
I've seen very few of them in my time, but MUST emcees get all maudlin and blubbery over the cancellation of a damn GAME SHOW? I say this after seeing Richard Dawson's FF farewell many years after the fact. Yes, you'll be unemployed, but you're probably a multimillionaire by now given how much you were paid and judging from your estate on Angelo Drive in Beverly Hills.
[/quote]
That's true, but once you do a show for a long time, you tend to get attached to it. And I'm not just talking about game shows. Take "That 70s Show" for instance. The show right before the series finale was about the cast's preparation for the finale. They got so teary eyed that they barely got through the table read. People who do a show for a while, whether it be a game show, talk show, a sitcom, a Broadway show, etc. are going to get at least a tad bit emotional.

Sure, it's just a game show. But it's not always about the money. Sometimes,it's just abut how much you love the people you work with and the show itself.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 05:13:31 PM by rollercoaster87 »
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

uncamark

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2008, 04:35:14 PM »
Jack Barry's farewell on the last "Generation Gap" (his first TV gig in over a decade):

"Has the governor called?  OK, then--good night!"

Of course, he didn't own the show, so he thought he could be that way.