Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ABC Fall Schedule  (Read 4270 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
ABC Fall Schedule
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2008, 02:57:00 AM »
[quote name=\'irwinsjournal.com\' post=\'185963\' date=\'May 13 2008, 06:37 PM\']
Note to ABC: My request for revivals does not extend to "The Krypton Factor".
[/quote]
Hell, mine does. I loved that show.

/doesn't hurt that The Man was the host
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Craig Karlberg

ABC Fall Schedule
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2008, 04:02:52 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'185965\' date=\'May 13 2008, 10:03 PM\']
Thinking about it, this show sounds a lot like "My Kind of Town" that aired for (maybe?) two or three episodes about two summers ago. I think that show focused more on small town residents, but it still reminds me a bit of that.
[/quote]

And I STILL chastize ABC for not showing those 2 episodes from MY HOME STATE!!!  GRRRR!!!!

Anyways, OK seems like a cross between Street Smarts & Oblivious to me.  Seeing that J.D. Roth is hosting, I'm not sure if I wanna see people snooping into other people's diaries.  I'm on the fence on this one.

aaron sica

ABC Fall Schedule
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2008, 12:11:00 PM »
[quote name=\'irwinsjournal.com\' post=\'185963\' date=\'May 13 2008, 09:37 PM\']
Hey, ABC, how about a revival of "Almost Anything Goes"?  Now that was a show...
[/quote]

You're not related to Darryl Heine, by chance?

irwinsjournal.com

ABC Fall Schedule
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2008, 03:53:22 PM »
Not as far as I know...

...but I do note that one of the AAG towns was Carlisle, Pennsylvania which is not far from your stated location...

...and no, I have no idea how or why I remember that.

(Like I said, nerd line forms behind me.)

Meanwhile, I was so excited about AAG that I forgot to mention that if "Opportunity Knocks" I hope I have an unlisted address...
George in Ellison Park, NY

irwinsjournal.com

aaron sica

ABC Fall Schedule
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2008, 05:13:24 PM »
[quote name=\'irwinsjournal.com\' post=\'186000\' date=\'May 14 2008, 03:53 PM\']
...but I do note that one of the AAG towns was Carlisle, Pennsylvania which is not far from your stated location...
[/quote]

Actually, the AAG town was Shippensburg, which is also not far way. it was mentioned in one of the game show books (might have been Maxene Fabe's?). I remember doing a double-take when I saw Shippensburg in the picture...

irwinsjournal.com

ABC Fall Schedule
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2008, 08:15:43 AM »
Ah, yes, you're right... and I'm feeling much better that I didn't remember this correctly...
George in Ellison Park, NY

irwinsjournal.com

PartingGift

ABC Fall Schedule
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2008, 02:12:02 PM »
[quote name=\'irwinsjournal.com\' post=\'185963\' date=\'May 13 2008, 08:37 PM\']
Hey, ABC, how about a revival of "Almost Anything Goes"?  Now that was a show...

well, it was if you were about twelve years old and really into geography...

The nerd line forms behind me.

Note to ABC: My request for revivals does not extend to "The Krypton Factor".
[/quote]

"Hi, I'm Regis Philbin, and welcome to Million Dollar Almost Anything Goes."

tpirfan28

ABC Fall Schedule
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2008, 02:56:20 PM »
Just saw a commerical for "Opportunity Knocks" during Indy 500 coverage today.

Nice to see that Stereotypical Game Show Host Mode can still be set to ON.

The only thing that looks interesting about the show is the set...they showed a sky shot of the set "building"...they really use a lot of space for what seems to be a basic game.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

uncamark

ABC Fall Schedule
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2008, 05:04:19 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'186781\' date=\'May 25 2008, 01:56 PM\']
Just saw a commerical for "Opportunity Knocks" during Indy 500 coverage today.

Nice to see that Stereotypical Game Show Host Mode can still be set to ON.

The only thing that looks interesting about the show is the set...they showed a sky shot of the set "building"...they really use a lot of space for what seems to be a basic game.
[/quote]

It looks like ABC was looking for something that could peacefully co-exist with the "Dancing" results show and could easily be pre-empted for "Dancing" stunt extensions and recaps (not to mention Charlie Brown and other holiday cartoons).

And, of course, it can bend over and take a ratings whupping from "Idol" with little damage to the network (it's going to take another year of sagging ratings before anyone other than CBS will seriously try to go after "Idol").

GrandMasterGalvatron

ABC Fall Schedule
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2008, 01:03:58 AM »
I'd watch it.  Of course, I said that about "Cavemen" and by the time I remembered, the show was canned.