Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Aussie Deal or No Deal available  (Read 3468 times)

jimlangefan

Aussie Deal or No Deal available
« on: May 18, 2008, 09:27:46 PM »
Just a quick heads up, 4 episodes of Deal or No Deal from Australia have just turned up on Diwana.org
TV's Big Dealer

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 10:07:13 PM »
[quote name=\'jimlangefan\' post=\'186295\' date=\'May 18 2008, 08:27 PM\']
Just a quick heads up, 4 episodes of Deal or No Deal from Australia have just turned up on Diwana.org
[/quote]

Sometimes all it takes is a polite request over at AcrossTheTasman (the site that used to be AussieTorrents) and wonderful things can happen. :-)

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 10:29:23 PM »
<BLEEP>in' sweet. :-)

tvmitch

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 10:01:32 AM »
Thanks for the heads up...my cable modem will be working overtime tonight.

What other daily/weekly games are airing in Australia at the moment? From the looks of it, it's slim pickings...
You should follow me on Twitter

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 10:10:02 AM »
[quote name=\'mitchgroff\' post=\'186310\' date=\'May 19 2008, 09:01 AM\']
What other daily/weekly games are airing in Australia at the moment? From the looks of it, it's slim pickings...
[/quote]

Let's see...as far as daily strips there's pretty much just Deal.  Temptation looks to have kicked the bucket about six months ago.   Supposedly Nine (?) is launching a new iteration of Wheel of Fortune sooner or later. There's a few other weekly shows in prime time - can't recall what they are right offhand.

I remember, just a couple of years ago, nowego capping a solid *4* *daily* games (Deal, Temptation, Wheel of Fortune, Bert's Family Feud), and now only 1's still on the air.  And folks complain about the state of the genre in the US...

Sodboy13

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 11:45:54 AM »
Also, on the primetime front, Nine has removed 1 vs. 100 from their website.  Though Temptation is still listed as "Returns Soon," meaning I can continue to hold onto that frail thread of hope that it will actually come back.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

BrandonFG

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 02:20:04 PM »
[quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' post=\'186311\' date=\'May 19 2008, 10:10 AM\']
I remember, just a couple of years ago, nowego capping a solid *4* *daily* games (Deal, Temptation, Wheel of Fortune, Bert's Family Feud), and now only 1's still on the air.  And folks complain about the state of the genre in the US...
[/quote]
The interesting this is, the Aussies at least appear to put a competent effort into their shows, even the ones that remain. The whole quality over quantity. ;-)

Not to say all the US shows suck...by my count, there's about 10 if not more in first-run syndie/primetime or scheduled to air in the future (there should be at least seven in syndication this fall). There's maybe two or three that seriously grate my nerves (D/ND, Temptation, Lyrics), and if Daytime Deal drops the gimmicks, I'm willing to take them off my list.

/On notice for now...
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 02:20:23 PM by fostergray82 »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2008, 03:40:32 PM »
To get on Diwana, you only need somebody to invite you, right?
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2008, 04:23:09 PM »
[quote name=\'rollercoaster87\' post=\'186328\' date=\'May 19 2008, 03:40 PM\']To get on Diwana, you only need somebody to invite you, right?[/quote]
Yes.  If anybody wants an invite, I have about 29 invites available.

Marc412

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2008, 06:22:39 PM »
[quote name=\'mitchgroff\' post=\'186310\' date=\'May 19 2008, 10:01 AM\']

[/quote]

Let's see, there's Australian Gladiators (also available at diwana), as well as The Einstein Factor, an offbeat quiz show "for people who know everything about something, and something about everything".  That show's not on diwana--you've got to go to at www.abc.net.au/einsteinfactor/video to get it.

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2008, 10:37:02 PM »
Can I get one? My e-mail address is jeremynelson1987@gmail.com.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

jimlangefan

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2008, 11:13:54 AM »
Just bumping this up as this weeks episodes have been uploaded at Diwana.org  So far, it looks like this will be a weekly thing.  Keeping fingers crossed!!
TV's Big Dealer

Jumpondees

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2008, 08:51:39 AM »
I understand that one must get an invite to get into diwana, but once one gets invited how does "it" work.  I've been contemplating requesting an invite for some time now, but I am curious to know what all I would need besides a fast internet connection to download the various files.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2008, 11:16:04 AM »
[quote name=\'Jumpondees\' post=\'186812\' date=\'May 26 2008, 08:51 AM\']I understand that one must get an invite to get into diwana, but once one gets invited how does "it" work.  I've been contemplating requesting an invite for some time now, but I am curious to know what all I would need besides a fast internet connection to download the various files.[/quote]
You'd need two more items--a torrent program like Azureus or uTorrent and a good amount of free hard drive space for the videos.

jdhernandez

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2008, 01:55:21 AM »
I'm just bumping this up because this week's episodes are now available at diwana.org.

However, this isn't just an ordinary week of shows. This week's shows are "Double Shot" shows where Banoodles (50 cents) has been replaced by another $200,000.
-Jason Hernandez; aka "Dimples"

Tomarken: "...somebody else could do this job!"

Rod Roddy: "Yes, I'm afraid that's true."

~Rod making a joke after Peter complains that it's Labor Day and he shouldn't be working on Press Your Luck.