Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Tic Tac Dough Question  (Read 1261 times)

PartingGift

Tic Tac Dough Question
« on: May 22, 2008, 02:47:07 PM »
Sometimes on Tic Tac Dough, when Wink is talking to a contestant who just lost, he will say something such as, "Maybe you can come back again, and you'll have better luck next time."  Was a contestant on TTD who lost (and wasn't unfairly affected by some type of mistake) eligible to come back?

beatlefreak84

Tic Tac Dough Question
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 04:41:48 PM »
The only time I've seen this happen is if the "Bonus Category" was in play (answer a three-part question, and you get another turn); sometimes, a game could be won by the champion without the opponent getting a turn (I've seen this happen at least once), and, in this case, that opponent would get to play in the next game.  I think they had a similar rule on Bullseye (if the champ never banked or missed a question).

I think, other than that, it just sounds like a nice way to say "goodbye;" almost like a "Make sure to keep in touch!" from someone you never spoke to in high school when you graduate...;).

Anthony
You have da Arm-ee and da Leg-ee!

Temptation Dollars:  the only accepted currency for Lots of Love™

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Tic Tac Dough Question
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 04:45:53 PM »
[quote name=\'beatlefreak84\' post=\'186625\' date=\'May 22 2008, 03:41 PM\']
I think, other than that, it just sounds like a nice way to say "goodbye;" almost like a "Make sure to keep in touch!" from someone you never spoke to in high school when you graduate...;).
[/quote]
Or much in the same way Eubanks would say, "We'll see you again" to a departing contestant on CS8x.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)