Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Plug: "You Bet Your Life Live"  (Read 973 times)

Stripey

Plug: "You Bet Your Life Live"
« on: June 04, 2008, 02:22:45 AM »
Hi all,

If you're planning to be in the Brooklyn area, and would like to be a contestant on a stage adaptation of "You Bet Your Life," head to the Brick Theater in Williamsburg this Saturday at 10:00 p.m.

"You Bet Your Life Live" is a show conceived by a friend of mine, Lisa Levy, who has hosted it in theaters around the city in recent years. This go-round, a film-trivia edition in keeping with the cinema-themed festival at the Brick, is my first. I'll be assuming the Fenneman duties.

Contestants are picked from the audience, but otherwise the show stays pretty close to the original format, although I've bulked up the game portion with some more interesting questions.

For further info and links to tickets, scroll to the bottom of the Brick's show listing page. In addition to this Saturday's performance, there's another next Friday, also at 10. Should be a lot of fun -- I would love to see some fellow game-show lovers there.

(On a side note, as I know there's a lot of overlap between the game show and crossword worlds: If any of the Brooklynites I met in February while reporting at the American Crossword Puzzle Tournament would like to attend, I'll be sure to give you the VIP treatment -- i.e., I'll shake your hand and buy you a drink after the show.)