Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Million Dollar Wheel of fortune  (Read 6906 times)

Stackertosh

Million Dollar Wheel of fortune
« on: May 25, 2008, 12:56:52 AM »

Jumpondees

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 01:38:42 PM »
Well I'm glad that at least the Aussies have gone to the "all cash" format of gameplay that we've enjoyed for years now here.  The set looks pretty good in the pictures too, kinda small though.

J.R.

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 01:43:01 PM »
Nice to see the Aussie Wheel still have those delightfully random amounts like $595, $310 and $265
-Joe Raygor

weaklink75

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 05:10:49 PM »
It should be interesting to see how this goes- I know DoND isn't taking the challenge lying down, as they're doing a "Double Shot Week" this week (the 50 cent case gets replaced with a 2nd $200,000 case)...
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 05:11:21 PM by weaklink75 »

Game Show Man

• Admiral Anaheim, Big Joey Numbers, etc.
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2008, 06:41:52 PM »
That's a spiffy set, methinks.  I just hope they pay earned money by the letter instead of just by the spin like they used to.
"Game Show Man" Joe Van Ginkel
captvangin@aol.com
"Remember, reality bites, so WATCH MORE GAME SHOWS!"

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 10:49:41 PM »
The set is pretty neat,and I noticed that the puzzleboard "outline" resembles the original (which resembled our original, BTW.) I wonder if that was deliberately done or if it was just a coincidence.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

pownster

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2008, 09:43:54 AM »
The first episode of "Million Dollar Wheel of Fortune" aired tonight - I have to say that I was a little underwhelmed by the experience.

The set is certainly a fancier affair to previous versions (it actually reminds me a little of the German version  - Glucksrad) - the Wheel itself is smaller than the original, backlit and can change colour based on the game and round. It is also very lightly sprung - the wheel seems to spin FOREVER. We have indeed gone to cash prizes - all players get to keep the cash they have accumulated from winning their rounds (plus the losing players at the end get a consolation prize as well).

Each episode actually DOES offer a million dollar prize - though your chance of picking it up is minimal - you must spin up the $1,000,000 wedge (which is sandwiched within the solitary "Bankrupt" wedge) in Round 1 only, win that round, then win the entire game, and finally spin the $1,000,000 wedge on the Prize Wheel and solve the puzzle (WHEW!)

Most of the other features of the previous version have remained - Free Spins, Surprise Wedge, Mystery Wedge, Red Letter (doubling the spun amount), Toss Up Puzzles, and Prize Puzzle (which is worth $500 in cash), and the Prize Wheel in the Final Round (offering some decent prizes and a $200,000 cash payout). Players still only receive a single multiple of the spun dollar value - no matter how many of the chosen letter is on the board.

Tim Campbell is far too giggly for my liking - he will need to settle down a little.

The new "Wheel" is OK - but I have a feeling that "Deal" will still give the newcomer a beating in the ratings.

I will try to get a clip up at some stage to show you the new look first hand (when I get time).
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 09:48:08 AM by pownster »
Chris Powney

Australian Game Show Home Page

http://members.iinet.net.au/~powney/gameshow/homepage.htm

trustno1

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2008, 04:23:17 PM »
Chris, one thing I noticed.  The champion on the last episode of the Seven network version was not there.
I have already sent a complaint to Today Tonight.
"Let the Memory live again!" - Cats

bandit_bobby

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2008, 04:52:50 PM »
How does the letter choosing in the bonus round work? Do you still get another consonant for every $2,000 you earn in the maingame (with the base two consonants and a vowel)? Or have they gone the American way (RSTLNE plus three consonants and a vowel)?

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2008, 05:26:36 PM »
[quote name=\'trustno1\' post=\'186836\' date=\'May 26 2008, 04:23 PM\']Chris, one thing I noticed.  The champion on the last episode of the Seven network version was not there.
I have already sent a complaint to Today Tonight.[/quote]
Today Tonight?  Will this topic be on tomorrow's Today Tonight?

Where are Abbott and Costello when you need them?

/First base.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2008, 05:39:00 PM »
A complaint? Really?

Kill me. Just end it now.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

J.R.

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2008, 05:59:17 PM »
[quote name=\'trustno1\' post=\'186836\' date=\'May 26 2008, 03:23 PM\']Chris, one thing I noticed.  The champion on the last episode of the Seven network version was not there.
I have already sent a complaint to Today Tonight.[/quote]
The champion on the last NBC WOF didn't make it to the first CBS WOF too.

I tried to call Dan Rather and inform on this high priority distressing news too, but, wouldn't ya know it, he had to do a report on some conflict in the Gulf.

Oh well, I've come to accept this injustice shall never be corrected.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 12:48:14 PM by J.R. »
-Joe Raygor

wheelloon

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2008, 06:47:59 PM »
[quote name=\'JRaygor\' post=\'186843\' date=\'May 26 2008, 05:59 PM\']
The champion on the last NBC WOF didn't make it to CBS WOF too.

I tried to call Dan Rather and inform on this high priority distressing news too, but, wouldn't ya know it, he had to do a report on some conflict in the Gulf.

Oh well, I've come to accept this injustice shall never be corrected.
[/quote]

As have I. The "Rolf" War never had the support from the beginning, like the first Gulf War had, that it deserved. Much like the current Gulf War, I believe a lack of experience and monetary assets greater than $200 proved to be its downfall in the end, as well...
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 06:48:39 PM by wheelloon »
"I'm dressed as one of the most frightening figures known to man...

A TV game show host."--Pat Sajak

tpirfan28

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2008, 06:50:48 PM »
[quote name=\'MikeK\' post=\'186840\' date=\'May 26 2008, 05:26 PM\']
Where are Abbott and Costello when you need them?
/First base.
[/quote]
//Sure they ain't the DH? :)

[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'186842\' date=\'May 26 2008, 05:39 PM\']
A complaint? Really?

[/quote]
I am thankful I wasn't the only one who thought this.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

Kevin Prather

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2008, 07:12:24 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'186845\' date=\'May 26 2008, 03:50 PM\']
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'186842\' date=\'May 26 2008, 05:39 PM\']
A complaint? Really?

[/quote]
I am thankful I wasn't the only one who thought this.
[/quote]
I'm still holding on to a little hope that he's kidding.