Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Michael Davies reviving "Dating", "Newlywed" Games  (Read 3339 times)

GrandMasterGalvatron

Michael Davies reviving "Dating", "Newlywed" Games
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2008, 01:14:50 AM »
[quote name=\'beatlefreak84\' post=\'186628\' date=\'May 22 2008, 04:50 PM\']
Hmm...since this is the 21st century, will they also be doing men seeking men (or women seeking women) on DG?
[/quote]
You know, given this point and time in history, that's actually a good question.  I can't think if there's more for the idea than against it though.

Hastin

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2008, 01:24:50 AM »
[quote name=\'beatlefreak84\' post=\'186628\' date=\'May 22 2008, 01:50 PM\']
Hmm...since this is the 21st century, will they also be doing men seeking men (or women seeking women) on DG?
[/quote]

I think so. I applied in an email (specfically saying that I was interested in a same-sex relationship), and they still sent me the application info. However, there's nothing on the form indicating for gay/lesbian relationships.
-Hastin :)

TimK2003

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2008, 09:37:48 AM »
[quote name=\'Hastin\' post=\'186659\' date=\'May 23 2008, 01:24 AM\']
[quote name=\'beatlefreak84\' post=\'186628\' date=\'May 22 2008, 01:50 PM\']
[/quote]

I think so. I applied in an email (specfically saying that I was interested in a same-sex relationship), and they still sent me the application info. However, there's nothing on the form indicating for gay/lesbian relationships.
[/quote]

Considering now that the state of California now legally recognizes same-sex marriage, there could be lawsuits filed if same-sex unions are denied as contestants on the show -- especially if the shows were shot in California.

/Not that there's anything wrong with that.

tvwxman

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2008, 10:40:30 AM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'186668\' date=\'May 23 2008, 09:37 AM\']
Considering now that the state of California now legally recognizes same-sex marriage, there could be lawsuits filed if same-sex unions are denied as contestants on the show -- especially if the shows were shot in California.
[/quote]
Why? How many other dating shows are on the air now , shot in CA, that don't have same sex unions? I don't see any lawsuits towards "The Bachelor"?

They'll do what they want to do, and no lawsuits will be filed.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Scrabbleship

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2008, 10:52:11 AM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'186668\' date=\'May 23 2008, 09:37 AM\']

/Not that there's anything wrong with that.
[/quote]

Since Davies is loyal to New York, I wouldn't see it as much of a problem...for now. Such status is an when, not if, proposition that has waitlisted thanks to the instability at the top of the state.

/What he said.

pianogeek

• LET'S PLAY!
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2008, 11:04:37 AM »
Come to think of it, unless I missed something at BuzzerBlog, is there a World Series of Pop Culture this year?

Pat Kiernan reading the song lyrics of Hip-Hop music in his newsreading-style cracks me up all the time year-after-year.
-Sanford

uncamark

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2008, 05:15:40 PM »
[quote name=\'pianogeek\' post=\'186671\' date=\'May 23 2008, 10:04 AM\']
Come to think of it, unless I missed something at BuzzerBlog, is there a World Series of Pop Culture this year?

Pat Kiernan reading the song lyrics of Hip-Hop music in his newsreading-style cracks me up all the time year-after-year.
[/quote]

Doesn't look like it.  Vh1 (that's how it looks like it's styled now) seems to be more interested in bringing back "...of Love" and "I Love NY" contestants for "I Love Money," where they *really* feel the need for greed.

Oh boy.

/The "51 Minds" combine seems to have become a division of Endemol now
//Something appropriate there

CarbonCpy

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2008, 05:52:39 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'186960\' date=\'May 28 2008, 05:15 PM\']

/The "51 Minds" combine seems to have become a division of Endemol now
//Something appropriate there
[/quote]

"51 Minds and not a single brain between them" ?