Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Million Dollar Wheel of Fortune"  (Read 2393 times)

CherryPizza

"Million Dollar Wheel of Fortune"
« on: June 05, 2008, 09:41:56 PM »
And so, the new Australian Wheel of Fortune is continuing this country's fine tradition of ridiculously convoluted WoF rules that you need a compass and a degree in astrophysics to follow. I know that $1 Million shouldn't be easy to win, but surely this series of steps is just a little too tricky for a humble TV game show:

1. Spin up the $Million space in the first round, which is hard enough to spin up, since it's only a third of the size of the usual spaces on the wheel, and surrounded by two Bankrupts (like the $10,000 space on the US show)

2. Solve the first round puzzle

3. Do not spin up a Bankrupt for the rest of the show

4. Win the show

5. At the end of the show, a $Million space will be put on the major prize wheel. Spin it up (For those not familiar, the wheel is used in the major prize round, with contestants spinning up the prize for which they play)

6. Solve the puzzle at the end of the show

Complicated, much?

Kevin Prather

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 10:35:45 PM »
I would take out the 3rd step, but the rest looks fine to me.

trustno1

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 04:57:20 AM »
Not quite right.
Once you have solved the first puzzle, your score is banked.  Provided you continue to solve puzzles, if you have the highest banked score you win.
"Let the Memory live again!" - Cats

CherryPizza

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 07:59:44 PM »
[quote name=\'trustno1\' post=\'187584\' date=\'Jun 6 2008, 03:57 AM\']
Not quite right.
Once you have solved the first puzzle, your score is banked.
[/quote]

I'm aware of that, but on this show any Bankrupts at ANY point in the show = forfeiting the $Million chance.

CherryPizza

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 08:20:03 PM »
[quote name=\'trustno1\' post=\'187584\' date=\'Jun 6 2008, 03:57 AM\']
Provided you continue to solve puzzles, if you have the highest banked score you win.
[/quote]

By the way, I think that here you are referring to the short-lived rule from 1996 when only the money secured by solving puzzles would determine who won the game. Any score, whether it's secured ('banked') or not, determines who wins.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 08:48:35 PM »
[quote name=\'CherryPizza\' post=\'187615\' date=\'Jun 6 2008, 05:20 PM\']
By the way, I think that here you are referring to the short-lived rule from 1996 when only the money secured by solving puzzles would determine who won the game. Any score, whether it's secured ('banked') or not, determines who wins.[/quote]
So in theory you can win the game without solving a single puzzle, so long as you avoid Bankrupt the whole time. Am I right in that?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

tvmitch

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2008, 09:57:11 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'187616\' date=\'Jun 6 2008, 08:48 PM\']
So in theory you can win the game without solving a single puzzle, so long as you avoid Bankrupt the whole time. Am I right in that?
[/quote]
All that solving gets you is a bonus prize and a strategic stop to the round, if played correctly.
You should follow me on Twitter

CherryPizza

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2008, 09:26:40 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'187616\' date=\'Jun 6 2008, 07:48 PM\']
[quote name=\'CherryPizza\' post=\'187615\' date=\'Jun 6 2008, 05:20 PM\']
By the way, I think that here you are referring to the short-lived rule from 1996 when only the money secured by solving puzzles would determine who won the game. Any score, whether it's secured ('banked') or not, determines who wins.[/quote]
[/quote]

OK, maybe I haven't been paying proper attention to the new show... it appears that contestants' scores are cleared at the start of each round on this version.

Marc412

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2008, 07:25:43 PM »
[quote name=\'mitchgroff\' post=\'187618\' date=\'Jun 6 2008, 09:57 PM\']
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'187616\' date=\'Jun 6 2008, 08:48 PM\']
[/quote]
All that solving gets you is a bonus prize and a strategic stop to the round, if played correctly.
[/quote]

Not really.  Just like in the U.S.. solving the puzzle banks the money in front of you.  However, the other two players' scores are NOT cleared.  Thus, if you finish a round with more than $50 in front of you, you could conceivably buy a vowel before ever touching the wheel in the next round.