Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Lingo Question  (Read 1672 times)

MizzouRah!

Lingo Question
« on: June 21, 2008, 08:26:48 PM »
Caught a Lingo rerun today and a strange question came to mind. In the second round w/ the '?' balls, how did they handle the actual matching ball that corresponded w/ the number selected by the player. If the first contestant pulled the '?', did they edit if contestant #2 picked the same # that was still in the bucket? And if contestant #2 picked the '?' did they stop tape and someone rummage through the balls and pull the number selected for the '?'. Hard to believe it took 5 years to consider this, but obviously it had to happen and to my knowledge this situation never made it to air. Just thought someone might be 'in the know'.

chad1m

Lingo Question
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 08:49:00 PM »
[quote name=\'MizzouRah!\' post=\'188631\' date=\'Jun 21 2008, 08:26 PM\']If the first contestant pulled the '?', did they edit if contestant #2 picked the same # that was still in the bucket?
[/quote]Yep.
[quote name=\'MizzouRah!\' post=\'188631\' date=\'Jun 21 2008, 08:26 PM\']And if contestant #2 picked the '?' did they stop tape and someone rummage through the balls and pull the number selected for the '?'.[/quote]Nope, they just edited it out if the number was pulled in later play.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 08:49:08 PM by chad1m »

MizzouRah!

Lingo Question
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 10:38:43 PM »
[quote name=\'MizzouRah!\' post=\'188631\' date=\'Jun 21 2008, 07:26 PM\']
Caught a Lingo rerun today and a strange question came to mind. In the second round w/ the '?' balls, how did they handle the actual matching ball that corresponded w/ the number selected by the player. If the first contestant pulled the '?', did they edit if contestant #2 picked the same # that was still in the bucket? And if contestant #2 picked the '?' did they stop tape and someone rummage through the balls and pull the number selected for the '?'. Hard to believe it took 5 years to consider this, but obviously it had to happen and to my knowledge this situation never made it to air. Just thought someone might be 'in the know'.
[/quote]
Thanks for the quick reply. Exactly what I was wanting to know. I'll give it to GSN for some nice smooth editing.