Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Trebek 'Winner Take All' ?  (Read 1870 times)

The Pyramids

Trebek 'Winner Take All' ?
« on: June 29, 2008, 03:09:00 PM »
Yesterday I was dubbing for a trade the 'Family Feud' from the final week on ABC where Alex Trebek comes on. After Richard asks he said he has something new coming up called 'Winner Take All.'

Could it have been a Mark Goodson pilot possibly?

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 10:45:26 PM »
Winner Take All was G-T's first television show, but I'm not aware of their attempting a revival. What year was this?

snowpeck

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 11:02:17 PM »
Apparently 1985 since he mentioned it occurring during Feud's last week on ABC.

Greg
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 09:57:24 AM »
[quote name=\'snowpeck\' post=\'189316\' date=\'Jun 29 2008, 11:02 PM\']
Apparently 1985 since he mentioned it occurring during Feud's last week on ABC.[/quote]
Weird, though.  Why would Trebek be doing a walk-on during the last week of Feud when he didn't have anything very real and specific to promote?  At that point, he was not only host but also producer of Jeopardy. A visit to the set of a G-T show he really didn't have anything to do with strikes me as strange.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

cmjb13

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 11:17:46 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'189340\' date=\'Jun 30 2008, 09:57 AM\']
[quote name=\'snowpeck\' post=\'189316\' date=\'Jun 29 2008, 11:02 PM\']
Apparently 1985 since he mentioned it occurring during Feud's last week on ABC.[/quote]
Weird, though.  Why would Trebek be doing a walk-on during the last week of Feud when he didn't have anything very real and specific to promote?  At that point, he was not only host but also producer of Jeopardy. A visit to the set of a G-T show he really didn't have anything to do with strikes me as strange.
[/quote]
Thinking outside the box, maybe it was planning on airing on ABC?
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS