Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A thought about MD Password (7/6)  (Read 3438 times)

Matt

A thought about MD Password (7/6)
« on: July 06, 2008, 08:32:12 PM »
I've just finished watching the first half of MD Password on 7/6.  Does anybody else think this show is being severely hemmoraged by celebrities who CANT PLAY THE GAME??????  Admittedly, the regular contestants aren't that great either, but Damian Fahey and the girl from High School Musical are just horrible.  Is anyone else at home thinking they could dominate this show with a decent partner?

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 03:48:09 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt\' post=\'189933\' date=\'Jul 6 2008, 08:32 PM\']
I've just finished watching the first half of MD Password on 7/6.  Does anybody else think this show is being severely hemmoraged by celebrities who CANT PLAY THE GAME??????  Admittedly, the regular contestants aren't that great either, but Damian Fahey and the girl from High School Musical are just horrible.  Is anyone else at home thinking they could dominate this show with a decent partner?
[/quote]
Well, yes, but since most of the good players are dead, we have to go through the arduous process of figuring out what celebrities are good at playing games for the new millennium.

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 03:59:04 AM »
Not all "good" players are dead as was evidenced on the 6/12 episode featuring Bettu White.  Even Rosie did well.  I thought Neil Patrick Harris was decent on the premiere episode.  Everyone else was either average or piss-poor(Rachel Ray included).  Hopefully the next cycle will give us "better" celebrities.  And can we please have "better" players while we're at it Freemantle?

Mr. Armadillo

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 10:53:37 AM »
[quote name=\'Adam Nedeff\' post=\'189958\' date=\'Jul 7 2008, 02:48 AM\']
Well, yes, but since most of the good players are dead, we have to go through the arduous process of figuring out what celebrities are good at playing games for the new millennium.
[/quote]
Pat Sajak seemed to be fairly good at the game, and he wasn't dead last I checked.  Then again, you have the problem of no one but game show fans bothering to see him, and they're all going to watch anyway.

BillCullen1

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 12:19:07 PM »
Damien couldn't seemed to understand that you can only give ONE response per word. He did this three times and cost his contestants points.  I see why they saved  this show for the last one to air.  When they go back into production, they'll hopefully ask Neil, Rosie and Betty back. I'm on the fence with Tony Hawk and Suzie Essman.  Considering Password hasn't been in production for almost 20 years, I can't really blame Fremantle for the contestants, but some were definitely better than others.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 12:20:14 PM by BillCullen1 »

Offshored2007

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 05:53:23 PM »
[quote name=\'BillCullen1\' post=\'190013\' date=\'Jul 7 2008, 12:19 PM\']
Damien couldn't seemed to understand that you can only give ONE response per word. He did this three times and cost his contestants points.  I see why they saved  this show for the last one to air.  When they go back into production, they'll hopefully ask Neil, Rosie and Betty back. I'm on the fence with Tony Hawk and Suzie Essman.  Considering Password hasn't been in production for almost 20 years, I can't really blame Fremantle for the contestants, but some were definitely better than others.
[/quote]
The game play of both the celebs and contestants needs to be brought up a few notches.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 07:25:50 PM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' post=\'189959\' date=\'Jul 7 2008, 02:59 AM\']And can we please have "better" players while we're at it Freemantle?[/quote]Haha,  that would require going outside the mold.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 07:40:31 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'190092\' date=\'Jul 7 2008, 04:25 PM\']
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' post=\'189959\' date=\'Jul 7 2008, 02:59 AM\']And can we please have "better" players while we're at it Freemantle?[/quote]Haha,  that would require going outside the mold.
[/quote]
"Better," not "butter." :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Don Howard

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2008, 09:43:10 PM »
If I could make one suggestion should there be a producer of the program reading this forum, please shut that audience up during the :30 or 1:30 of giving time. Word solved, clapping, clapping dies down, first clue for next word given, repeat...all the while that clock is still ticking away.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 09:43:41 PM by Don Howard »

Jay Temple

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2008, 11:35:17 PM »
I'll defend Monique a little bit. I think she has the language skill necessary to play the game well; she just doesn't have the knowledge base. I don't think it's a coincidence that a very young actress would have that problem.

It will be interesting to see which if any of the twelve celebs from this round of shows are invited back. You know they'll let Betty play any time she wants to. I would hope they'd ask Rosie O'Donnell and Neil Patrick Harris back.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

Casey

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2008, 11:40:34 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'190117\' date=\'Jul 7 2008, 07:43 PM\']
If I could make one suggestion should there be a producer of the program reading this forum, please shut that audience up during the :30 or 1:30 of giving time. Word solved, clapping, clapping dies down, first clue for next word given, repeat...all the while that clock is still ticking away.
[/quote]
Which reminds me of the bonus round in Pyramid... If there is only one thing I disliked about the various Pyramid versions, it was the clapping during the Winner's Circle for exactly this reason.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2008, 12:20:41 AM »
[quote name=\'isucgv\' post=\'190140\' date=\'Jul 7 2008, 08:40 PM\']
Which reminds me of the bonus round in Pyramid... If there is only one thing I disliked about the various Pyramid versions, it was the clapping during the Winner's Circle for exactly this reason.[/quote]
Which is interesting, because including that clapping (and subsequent building of anticipation) would have been a step in the right direction to making the Donnymid WC tolerable.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

pyrfan

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2008, 01:12:05 AM »
[quote name=\'isucgv\' post=\'190140\' date=\'Jul 7 2008, 11:40 PM\']
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'190117\' date=\'Jul 7 2008, 07:43 PM\']
[/quote]
Which reminds me of the bonus round in Pyramid... If there is only one thing I disliked about the various Pyramid versions, it was the clapping during the Winner's Circle for exactly this reason.
[/quote]
Actually, I can only recall one time when the applause distracted a celebrity who was trying to give a clue. Remember that it took a couple of seconds for the bell to ding and for the next category to be revealed, so a few seconds of quick applause for encouragement couldn't hurt. Also, the celebrity coordinators always advised the stars to take a beat after they read the new category in order to keep from blurting out what was written on the card, so the applause probably helped them more than hurt them.

Brendan

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2008, 07:28:34 AM »
The only time I thought applause was really distracting on the older Pyramids was when the person running the applause sign was (apparently) a much more lenient judge than the judge, lighting up the sign when the clue receiver had said something that wasn't quite correct.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

BrandonFG

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2008, 08:37:53 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'190153\' date=\'Jul 8 2008, 12:20 AM\']
[quote name=\'isucgv\' post=\'190140\' date=\'Jul 7 2008, 08:40 PM\']
Which reminds me of the bonus round in Pyramid... If there is only one thing I disliked about the various Pyramid versions, it was the clapping during the Winner's Circle for exactly this reason.[/quote]
Which is interesting, because including that clapping (and subsequent building of anticipation) would have been a step in the right direction to making the Donnymid WC tolerable.
[/quote]
This is the one thing I loved the most about the New York episodes. You could tell when a team was getting close by the audience's anticipatory cheering.

I think if MDP's audience was a little more subdued, instead of the raucous football cheering for every word, I could handle it.

/Still a good show
//Just too much cheering
///In an H^2 kinda way
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!