Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Eps for GSN Harvey Korman tribute?  (Read 4540 times)

That Don Guy

Eps for GSN Harvey Korman tribute?
« on: May 29, 2008, 10:57:07 PM »
He and Carol had to carry The Carol Burnett Show by themselves for a few months (it was in the period between when Tim Conway left and when Dick van Dyke joined, and Vicki Lawrence was off having her baby).

Any suggestions on what GSN should show if they decide to have a tribute?

-- Don

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 11:20:02 PM »
My suggestion would be to air an episode of Super Password, featuring this moment from 1988.

William_S.

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 11:22:45 PM »
[quote name=\'That Don Guy\' post=\'187052\' date=\'May 29 2008, 10:57 PM\']
He and Carol had to carry The Carol Burnett Show by themselves for a few months (it was in the period between when Tim Conway left and when Dick van Dyke joined, and Vicki Lawrence was off having her baby).

Any suggestions on what GSN should show if they decide to have a tribute?

-- Don
[/quote]
Well if Not , I'll just watch my Celeb Bullseye tape when Comcast crapped out on Chan. 96. (we later found out that it was out old cable that crapped out)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 02:07:09 AM by William_S. »

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 08:40:49 AM »
Maybe the MG episode where the Carol Burnett Show cast came in and played for a question?

Very funny segment.
Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

Don Howard

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 11:29:35 AM »
[/quote]
Dick Van Dyke joined as soon as Harvey Korman left. Tim Conway was a replacement for Lyle Waggoner.
I believe there was a one year break between Lyle and Tim.
And I think Dick left a few months into the final season and it was just Carol, Vicki and Tim.

alfonzos

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 03:50:55 PM »
I can remember Korman playing it straight on ABC's Password. He was teammates with his daughter, then a child.
A Cliff Saber Production
email address: alfonzos@aol.com
Boardgame Geek user name: alfonzos

That Don Guy

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008, 08:49:32 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'187076\' date=\'May 30 2008, 08:29 AM\']
[/quote]
Dick Van Dyke joined as soon as Harvey Korman left.
[/quote]
My bad - Dick did replace Harvey.  There was definitely a brief time when it was Carol and Harvey on the show, and Vicki had her daughter in May of 1975.

Speaking of Dick, if they didn't have a Dick Martin tribute last week (he died on Saturday the 24th, so it may have been a little late to set one up), maybe they can find something with the two of them together.

-- Don

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2008, 08:56:09 PM »
[quote name=\'That Don Guy\' post=\'187128\' date=\'May 30 2008, 07:49 PM\']
Speaking of Dick, if they didn't have a Dick Martin tribute last week (he died on Saturday the 24th, so it may have been a little late to set one up), maybe they can find something with the two of them together.
[/quote]
They're having one Monday--the GSN LIVE block will carry eps of SP, FF, MG and P+ where he was a guest (and regular eps of CS and J! since Martin was never on those two shows).
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

The Pyramids

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2008, 08:11:12 AM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' post=\'187129\' date=\'May 30 2008, 07:56 PM\']
[quote name=\'That Don Guy\' post=\'187128\' date=\'May 30 2008, 07:49 PM\']
[/quote]
They're having one Monday--the GSN LIVE block will carry eps of SP, FF,
[/quote]

What 'Family Feud' was he on? I'm guessing it could have been a Combs 'Funny Men vs. Funny Women' show?

BillCullen1

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2008, 01:18:51 PM »
Re: Harvey Korman tribute

[quote name=\'DoorNumberFour\' post=\'187070\' date=\'May 30 2008, 08:40 AM\']
Maybe the MG episode where the Carol Burnett Show cast came in and played for a question?

Very funny segment.
[/quote]

Harvey also appeared on Tattletales, which GSN has access to without having to pay for it. He appeared on TT once with his wife, and once with McLean Stevenson during "Best Friends Week."

ChuckNet

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2008, 10:00:39 PM »
What 'Family Feud' was he on? I'm guessing it could have been a Combs 'Funny Men vs. Funny Women' show?

Dunno about that, but he did appear on a 1978 Dawson ep, as part of a celebration of Richard's B-Day.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

snowpeck

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2008, 08:41:53 PM »
That was the one that aired.

Greg
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)