Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Million Dollar Password PowerPoint Control  (Read 6200 times)

chad1m

Million Dollar Password PowerPoint Control
« on: July 11, 2008, 10:45:47 PM »
NOTE: UPDATED 3/12/09. See this post.

So, I mentioned in the game show party thread that I developed a PowerPoint version of Million Dollar Password to create your own version of the show at home. After testing it with a few people and trying to make it very, very good, I feel that it is now good enough to share with you guys. You can check out screenshots, read information and download it at this site.
There are still some drawbacks that could be fixed if I used a more in-depth program, but this is the best I can give for my skill level. =)

Let me know what you guys think.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 03:20:57 AM by chad1m »

Timsterino

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 06:19:00 PM »
My initial observation is that it looks great! I will just have to use this in my classroom! :-)

Seriously, good job and thank you!

DrJWJustice

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 11:51:15 PM »
[quote name=\'chad1m\' post=\'190687\' date=\'Jul 11 2008, 09:45 PM\']
So, I mentioned in the game show party thread that I developed a PowerPoint version of Million Dollar Password to create your own version of the show at home. After testing it with a few people and trying to make it very, very good, I feel that it is now good enough to share with you guys. You can check out screenshots, read information and download it at this site.
There are still some drawbacks that could be fixed if I used a more in-depth program, but this is the best I can give for my skill level. =)

[/quote]

Very nice indeed!  I might be able to use this as well.

chad1m

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2008, 01:17:48 AM »
I'm making some radical changes that I never really thought about until someone mentioned it, regarding the bonus round. It will make the experience so much better and it should be ready in less than an hour.

EDIT: Okay, so I've pretty much done a major overhaul of the endgame. In the bonus rounds, you can now indicate correct and incorrect guesses with lights, dimming and sounds! To illuminate one of the bulbs to indicate a correctly-guessed word, simply use your favorite “advance” technique (mouse click, etc.). To turn off a bulb due to an invalid clue, pass or exhaustion of clues, click that bulb, starting with the right-most bulb.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 02:45:02 AM by chad1m »

deknaj

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2008, 05:04:32 PM »
The download isnt working...have tried 4 times to dl since last night and the file will not come up

chad1m

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2008, 06:02:08 PM »
denkaj, it's looking fine for me when I try to download it.

BobbyLankford_83

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 04:08:35 PM »
Chad, I too have tried to download MDP,and I keep getting the "unexpected error" sign. Do I need to add the PowerPoint Program or what?.

chad1m

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2009, 01:23:04 AM »
Just in time for its "removal from the schedule", I've finished my overhaul of my contestant-appearance-causing Million Dollar Password PowerPoint control. A lot of new features, images, sounds, animations and controls. You can download it by visiting this link. Go ahead and download, try it out and let me know what you think!

chad1m

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2009, 04:32:16 PM »
Hot off the presses, the site now boasts three updated versions of the PowerPoint presentation, all based on the American program:
- Million Dollar Password (U.S.)
- Password (Spain)
- Mot de Passe (France) [featuring the Joker!]

They're all grouped onto one link now, clickable here.

Johnissoevil

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2009, 08:35:53 PM »
[quote name=\'deknaj\' post=\'190814\' date=\'Jul 13 2008, 04:04 PM\']
The download isnt working...have tried 4 times to dl since last night and the file will not come up
[/quote]

You sure you're not using a Windows 3.1 computer with a 100 meg hard drive and no video card?

/Sorry
//I had to do it
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2009, 08:54:40 PM »
[quote name=\'Johnissoevil\' post=\'206049\' date=\'Jan 11 2009, 08:35 PM\']
[quote name=\'deknaj\' post=\'190814\' date=\'Jul 13 2008, 04:04 PM\']
[/quote]

You sure you're not using a Windows 3.1 computer with a 100 meg hard drive and no video card?

/Sorry
//I had to do it
[/quote]

Well, you could still get it...cost ya, though...
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

ITSBRY

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2009, 11:30:34 AM »
[quote name=\'chad1m\' post=\'190687\' date=\'Jul 11 2008, 09:45 PM\']
[/quote]

Good stuff! Thanks for sharing this. :)

chad1m

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2009, 03:20:15 AM »
All four international variants (USA, Spain, France and Indonesia) have been updated with their proper music and cues. Once I get more information on it, a Greek variant may be on its way.