Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Syndicated What's My Line?  (Read 1271 times)

cheersgifoltc

Syndicated What's My Line?
« on: July 16, 2008, 01:03:12 PM »
Is there a more comprehensive episode guide for the syndicated What's My Line? available somewhere? Besides the one on the old matchgame.org.

Actually, I'm only wondering about two different episodes, but a complete episode guide would be fun to look at. Betty White had written in one of her books that she had been a MG when Allen was on the panel and then vice versa. What were the dates of those two episodes?

Thanks in advance!

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 04:02:01 PM »
[quote name=\'cheersgifoltc\' post=\'191032\' date=\'Jul 16 2008, 01:03 PM\']
Is there a more comprehensive episode guide for the syndicated What's My Line? available somewhere? Besides the one on the old matchgame.org.[/quote]
I'm afraid that's the best one online, and of course you have to access it through an archive site.

It's possible that Betty's memory may have been a little faulty.  You do hundreds and hundreds of game show episodes, the specifics might be hard to recall exactly.  Henry Morgan tells a story in his auobiography about going to a Hollywood party with Bill Cullen, even though Bill was in New York at the time.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

cheersgifoltc

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 11:33:33 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'191047\' date=\'Jul 16 2008, 03:02 PM\']
It's possible that Betty's memory may have been a little faulty.  You do hundreds and hundreds of game show episodes, the specifics might be hard to recall exactly.
[/quote]

That's what I was afraid of. She never mentions whether it was with Daly, Bruner, or Blyden either. She mentions Arlene figuring out it was Allen though. It sounded like it was a fun round like when Steve Allen couldn't figure out that his new wife was the MG.