Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Name That Tune question  (Read 1603 times)

bulldog_06

Name That Tune question
« on: July 22, 2008, 02:35:14 PM »
I was looking at a clip of The $100,000 Name That Tune and I saw a model during the prize descriptions. Since there were models on the show, how many models were featured on that version?

uncamark

Name That Tune question
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 06:15:10 PM »
[quote name=\'bulldog_06\' post=\'191702\' date=\'Jul 22 2008, 01:35 PM\']
I was looking at a clip of The $100,000 Name That Tune and I saw a model during the prize descriptions. Since there were models on the show, how many models were featured on that version?
[/quote]

Just one--Jeri Fiala.  And in the 1978-79 season when they introduced a second band and singer and the disco set, she also danced with some guy named Denon Rowles, who in addition to performing was also credited as "choreographer."  Jeri also wielded the pointer on "Cross-Wits" and endured Jack Clark's insinuations that her hometown of Visalia, CA was the center of hicksville.

For the record, with Tommy Oliver joining Ray Horl and Peggy Touchstone over at Sandy Frank's place working on "Face the Music," Stan Worth took over as the "traditional" bandleader and musical director, with former Barry Manilow "Flashy Lady/Lady Flash" singer Monica Burriss taking over as the vocalist from Kathie Lee.  The second band was the "rock/disco" Dan Sawyer and the Sound System, with vocalist Steve March, who now sings standards and uses the name of his father as Steve March Torme.  (You old guys will know who his father was immediately.)

TimK2003

Name That Tune question
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 07:42:49 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'191747\' date=\'Jul 22 2008, 06:15 PM\']
[quote name=\'bulldog_06\' post=\'191702\' date=\'Jul 22 2008, 01:35 PM\']
[/quote]

Just one--Jeri Fiala.  And in the 1978-79 season when they introduced a second band and singer and the disco set, she also danced with some guy named Denon Rowles, who in addition to performing was also credited as "choreographer."  Jeri also wielded the pointer on "Cross-Wits" and endured Jack Clark's insinuations that her hometown of Visalia, CA was the center of hicksville.
[/quote]

Actually, there was a 2nd model in the pre-disco, Kathie Lee era of NTT.  From what I gather, she was on for either one or 2 seasons.  IIRC, she can be seen in the ep of the $100K win that is around the trading circuit.

Robair

Name That Tune question
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 04:34:19 AM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'191747\' date=\'Jul 22 2008, 06:15 PM\']Jeri also wielded the pointer on "Cross-Wits" and endured Jack Clark's insinuations that her hometown of Visalia, CA was the center of hicksville.[/quote]

A lot of you may not know that after the gane show fame, Fiala went into television news and for 25 years was a news anchor in (I think) Bakersfield. She now lives in North Carolina.
--Robair

davemackey

Name That Tune question
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 09:53:31 AM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'191747\' date=\'Jul 22 2008, 06:15 PM\']
The second band was the "rock/disco" Dan Sawyer and the Sound System
[/quote]
As usual, you are there with the facts, Mark.

To all who would revise Wikipedia - it is indeed Dan Sawyer. NOT Dan Younger. Please don't change it to Younger or I will change it right back. If Jeffries says it's Sawyer, and I say it's Sawyer, it's Sawyer.

And Monica Burruss, or Monica Francine Pege. Not Monica Burns. Who you gonna believe, some half baked web page or someone who actually saw the show 30 years ago?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 09:54:08 AM by davemackey »