Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A rather disappointing thing  (Read 1040 times)

wdm1219inpenna

A rather disappointing thing
« on: July 28, 2008, 10:36:48 AM »
Ok, so my son turned 9 yesterday and like his father (me), he is into game shows to a degree, especially "The Price is Right".

So his grandma (my mother in law) purchased the 2nd edition game "Featuring Drew Carey".  Little did we know he'd have only a few cameos here and there, especially when you lost a car.  It was Todd Newton doing the "hosting" again, so that was rather misleading.

Updated "improved" Plinko?  I didn't notice much of any difference between this version and the first DVD version we got 3 years ago at Christmas.  I played it, won all 5 chips, and ended up with $2,000 out of $50,000.  In that regard it seems to be in line w/the show itself.  I guess the graphics looked a bit more real but other than that, I didn't really notice any "improved" game play.  In fact it was difficult for me to tell which number I was choosing in this version, the first version made it much clearer, so again I'd say that's false advertising.

That's Too Much is a game I detest and have from the start.  I played it and lost (big surprise), but then they don't even reveal the ARP of the car!

Hole in One.  You have no control over putting the ball at all, just click on "Putt".  Even my son said "That's not fair!", and he's right.

We did not yet play Coming or Going or Secret X on this version.  Apparently you have to have 6 players to do a "full show".  And as before, with the showcases, you get a choice of 6 prices.  It's hard to tell whose showcase is who's too at the end.

The real kick in the shorts was when I hit "stop" to end the game, the little hand came up.  Apparantly you have to just eject the game for it to stop.  That's the first DVD of ANY kind I've ever had that required me to do that.

This edition proved, at least to me, to be very VERY disappointing, and somewhat misleading with some of its claims.  The first DVD game was better.  The only thing better on this 2nd edition game is the fact that the showcases are "animated" now and not still frames of prizes.  Also, they are consistent in that it is Rich Fields announcing all the time now, and not different announcers for different prizes.

I did a topic search but came up blank.  Has anybody else gotten or purchased this game, and if so, do your feelings agree or disagree with mine & my son's regarding this new DVD game?  I'd be interested to hear all your opinions on it.  There is a superior version to Price is Right available, for free no less, that we already have, and I guess having that makes just about everything else pale in comparison.

Kindest regards,
Bill