Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: LMAD cues  (Read 1300 times)

cjh791982

LMAD cues
« on: August 01, 2008, 09:26:38 PM »
Hi...
How is everyone? My name is Chris, and I just joined today. I watched a lot of game shows when I was younger (mostly the USA and Family Channel reruns) plus TPIR, Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune and Family Feud in syndication with Ray Combs, then Richard Dawson in the mid 90s. Yet the game show I really loved to watch was Let's Make A Deal. I liked a lot of the music cues in the original version, and later in the 80s revival. What I would like to know is if anyone has any cues from either version? Please let me know, I hope that this is the right place to ask about this.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
LMAD cues
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 12:46:42 AM »
[quote name=\'cjh791982\' post=\'193099\' date=\'Aug 1 2008, 08:26 PM\']
Hi...
How is everyone? My name is Chris, and I just joined today. I watched a lot of game shows when I was younger (mostly the USA and Family Channel reruns) plus TPIR, Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune and Family Feud in syndication with Ray Combs, then Richard Dawson in the mid 90s. Yet the game show I really loved to watch was Let's Make A Deal. I liked a lot of the music cues in the original version, and later in the 80s revival. What I would like to know is if anyone has any cues from either version? Please let me know, I hope that this is the right place to ask about this.
[/quote]

Anyone want to handle this?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

MisterX

LMAD cues
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 12:52:58 AM »
There are two places to find such cues:

Here for quality: http://www.tvpmm.com/

and here for downloadability: http://gsthemes.freehostia.com

wdm1219inpenna

LMAD cues
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 07:37:48 AM »
Welcome to the boards Chris.  Game shows & I go all the way back to 1970, at least that's the earliest recollection I have of game shows.

I'll be sure to check those sites out too, thanks for that info.

LMAD was indeed a classic.  I remember watching it back in the 70s on ABC, and then the 80s version, which was really well done.  I loved the sound effect used for Door #4, it was a riot, and the way the camera would go crazy, etc.  The only thing I didn't like about Door #4 was someone who did a deal previously could be selected again to play it, which I thought was a bit unfair, and the fact that it seemed like it popped up on every show.  It was better when it was 1-3 times per week, and when you least expected it, it would sound off.  I loved that Dealer Wheel, that was a classic.

I'd love to see elements of the old 60s & 70s LMAD, and 80s LMAD combined into a show.  I think an hour long show would not work, but it might be fun as an experiment.

Again Chris, welcome.

Bill

cjh791982

LMAD cues
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2008, 11:58:45 AM »
Thanks, everyone for the links. Nice to be here.