Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR On-Stage Trip Graphics  (Read 4690 times)

Jimmy Owen

TPIR On-Stage Trip Graphics
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2008, 01:30:20 PM »
Monitors for the studio audience might help.  It seemed to work for the revivals of "Blockbusters," "Concentration" and "Now You See It."  The only problem was the contestants were apt to squint and/or put on glasses, which wouldn't be a problem on Price.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2008, 02:10:59 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'197612\' date=\'Sep 18 2008, 01:30 PM\']Monitors for the studio audience might help.  It seemed to work for the revivals of "Blockbusters," "Concentration" and "Now You See It."  The only problem was the contestants were apt to squint and/or put on glasses, which wouldn't be a problem on Price.[/quote]
Those already exist, but the audience is discouraged from looking at them -- with the explanation, ironically enough, that it looks bad on television to have members of the crowd staring at the ceiling.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2008, 02:28:12 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' post=\'197614\' date=\'Sep 18 2008, 11:10 AM\']
Those already exist, but the audience is discouraged from looking at them -- with the explanation, ironically enough, that it looks bad on television to have members of the crowd staring at the ceiling.[/quote]
What about a bigger screen on either side of the stage, akin to what they did for the show at the Rio?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2008, 03:03:24 PM »
They're filming a TV show, not putting on a stage show.
They're doing both. I've been there when they had an extended stop-down and it was taxing on both Drew and Rich to keep the audience entertained. You need Drew to be "up" just as much as the contestants.

To be technical, they don't film and no longer tape, they record to server or ingest.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2008, 03:05:52 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'197616\' date=\'Sep 18 2008, 11:28 AM\']
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' post=\'197614\' date=\'Sep 18 2008, 11:10 AM\']
Those already exist, but the audience is discouraged from looking at them -- with the explanation, ironically enough, that it looks bad on television to have members of the crowd staring at the ceiling.[/quote]
What about a bigger screen on either side of the stage, akin to what they did for the show at the Rio?
[/quote]
Even worse is looking in the wings that at overhead monitors.

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2008, 03:34:06 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' post=\'197617\' date=\'Sep 18 2008, 03:03 PM\']To be technical, they don't film and no longer tape, they record to server or ingest.[/quote]
So does this mean when the Endemol servers ingested gazpacho, Set for Life came out?

I know when I attended WoF and J! while they were on location, they had the two massive monitors in the wings, but those audiences don't need to face front during the show.

/Sat behind some sort of booth during the 04 J! College Tourney
//Maybe Stage Director?
This signature is currently under construction.

Mike Tennant

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2008, 04:18:09 PM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'197620\' date=\'Sep 18 2008, 03:34 PM\']I know when I attended WoF and J! while they were on location, they had the two massive monitors in the wings, but those audiences don't need to face front during the show.

/Sat behind some sort of booth during the 04 J! College Tourney[/quote]I was there too, and I had to keep forcing myself to look at the stage instead of the monitors.  I kept saying, "I could have stayed home and watched this on TV.  I need to look around and see what else is going on besides what's on the monitors."  Again, though, since the audience isn't shown, it doesn't matter if they're looking at the monitors or the stage.  On TPIR, it definitely matters.

clemon79

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2008, 04:33:21 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' post=\'197618\' date=\'Sep 18 2008, 12:05 PM\']
Even worse is looking in the wings that at overhead monitors.[/quote]
Okay, but they don't shoot the audience for a prize reveal, right? They shoot the player reaction, and the prize.

So what you do is put those big-screens in the wings. When a CK-board prize comes up, whatever's being keyed into the CK-board shows up on the monitors, the audience gets to see it, and they hoot and holler appropriately. All other times: the screens are black so the audience directs their attention where they need to.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2008, 02:07:41 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'197628\' date=\'Sep 18 2008, 01:33 PM\']
[quote name=\'chris319\' post=\'197618\' date=\'Sep 18 2008, 12:05 PM\']
Even worse is looking in the wings that at overhead monitors.[/quote]
Okay, but they don't shoot the audience for a prize reveal, right? They shoot the player reaction, and the prize.

So what you do is put those big-screens in the wings. When a CK-board prize comes up, whatever's being keyed into the CK-board shows up on the monitors, the audience gets to see it, and they hoot and holler appropriately. All other times: the screens are black so the audience directs their attention where they need to.
[/quote]
The audience isn't that smart. I've been to many tapings over 33 years. Trust me on this.

clemon79

« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2008, 02:48:02 AM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' post=\'197674\' date=\'Sep 18 2008, 11:07 PM\']
The audience isn't that smart. I've been to many tapings over 33 years. Trust me on this.[/quote]
The audience will stare at a black monitor? This is where we have come as Americans?

HYHYBT

« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2008, 05:40:36 PM »
I voted "blank chroma-key wall" solely because it isn't quite blank, but has the location stuck in the corner. Makes all the difference.
"If you ask me to repeat this I'm gonna punch you right in the nose" -- Geoff Edwards, Play the Percentages