Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Rich List back in comission?  (Read 1702 times)

TravisP

The Rich List back in comission?
« on: August 08, 2008, 11:52:34 AM »
I've noticed on the audience booking site Lost in TV are now accepting bookings for a US version of Who Dares Wins. Which is the UK title to The Rich List.

http://www.lostintv.com/whodareswinsusa.htm

Nine shows are being recorded later this month to be filmed at The London Studios. Which is owned by ITV but some studios are rented out to different networks. I do know that it's not the studios used for the UK version, which are at BBC TV Centre. However, the ITV pilot (with Eamonn Holmes) was filmed here. It mentions the same format but for a $50,000 top prize.

Has anybody else heard more on this as it could be something GSN has picked up, since it's $100,000 per show?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 01:28:21 PM »
[quote name=\'TravisP\' post=\'193664\' date=\'Aug 8 2008, 08:52 AM\']
I've noticed on the audience booking site Lost in TV are now accepting bookings for a US version of Who Dares Wins. Which is the UK title to The Rich List.[/quote]
Okay, so this is a country that thinks the Speed Round is Fast Money, Fast Money is Big Money, and now The Rich List is Who Dares Wins.

Y'all are *seriously* screwed up over there. I bet it has something to do with boiling meat. :)

I can't wait to see what they call it if they import the Australian Who Dares Wins. They should call it the Speed Round and come full-circle.

Moreover, what the hell US production company actually thinks they have a hope in hell of succeeding with this? Did they learn NOTHING from when it ran the first time?

Perhaps they think an unfinished production is unfinished business...
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 01:32:32 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

tpirfan28

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 01:33:51 PM »
So if I'm understanding this correctly...someone over here in the States wants to revive The Rich List, the show that got canned after one episode in '06?  Um, ok, wow.  Teh Failure.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 01:39:56 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'193667\' date=\'Aug 8 2008, 10:33 AM\']
So if I'm understanding this correctly...someone over here in the States wants to revive The Rich List, the show that got canned after one episode in '06?  Um, ok, wow.  Teh Failure.[/quote]
All while Whew!, Go, and Concentration gather dust on archive shelves, yes. Welcome to the state of American television production.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TravisP

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 01:42:30 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'193666\' date=\'Aug 8 2008, 12:28 PM\']
Moreover, what the hell US production company actually thinks they have a hope in hell of succeeding with this? Did they learn NOTHING from when it ran the first time?

Perhaps they think an unfinished production is unfinished business...
[/quote]

It could be GSN. It can't be a major network as they have set out their plans for the season. Am I thinking right, GSN don't plan their schedules that far in advance? Also GSN did buy  the rights to 12Yard's Without Prejudice?

The show has done well here as a BBC lottery programme. Our second series should be starting in September.

Brig Bother

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2008, 02:54:12 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'193666\' date=\'Aug 8 2008, 06:28 PM\']
[quote name=\'TravisP\' post=\'193664\' date=\'Aug 8 2008, 08:52 AM\']
I've noticed on the audience booking site Lost in TV are now accepting bookings for a US version of Who Dares Wins. Which is the UK title to The Rich List.[/quote]
Okay, so this is a country that thinks the Speed Round is Fast Money, Fast Money is Big Money, and now The Rich List is Who Dares Wins.

Y'all are *seriously* screwed up over there. I bet it has something to do with boiling meat. :)
[/quote]

God, if only the last American export wasn't cancelled in pretty much every country in less than three airings. It's our way or the highway now, boy-o.

In fairness, it's a Brit format so we can call it whatever we like, really.