Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Tic Tac Dough: I Just Got It!  (Read 4538 times)

Don Howard

Tic Tac Dough: I Just Got It!
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2008, 10:03:31 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'192563\' date=\'Jul 28 2008, 11:55 PM\']
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'192500\' date=\'Jul 28 2008, 08:18 PM\']"This first president was known as the "Father of our Country", lived in an estate known as Mount Vernon, appears on the quarter and dollar bill, and is also the subject of a legendary story about a cherry tree. For the game, $550 in cash, PLUS a brand-new Chevrolet Chevette, bringing your five-game winnings to $8,120 in cash and prizes, WHO is it?"[/quote]
That's the TTD version. The Joker's Wild version ended with "His name was George...what?"
[/quote]
The way things were going on there, another year or so and it would have been, "His name was George Washing___ what?"
CONTESTANT: Tongue.
HOST: Is that acceptable?
JUDGE: No, it is not.
HOST: The question turns over to your opponent. George Washing___ what?
CONTESTANT: Ton.
HOST: That's right. You left a little of the "g" when you said "tongue" and I'm sorry but the answers have to be exactly right.

Neumms

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2008, 12:50:03 PM »
[quote name=\'Jay Temple\' post=\'192568\' date=\'Jul 28 2008, 11:33 PM\']
It's also the NYSI version (at least in the pairs portion of the game).
[/quote]

At least on that, you had to locate the answer. And if you didn't, Jack made you feel like a total idiot after time was up.

I suppose that may be preferable, though, to the more recent trend of congratulating the losing contestants on "playing a good game," even if they got the George Washing___ question wrong, even spotted three choices, let's say ton, pound and ounce. See Osmond, Donny and Ribiero, Alfonso "Carlton."

Ian Wallis

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2008, 02:30:21 PM »
Oh, that language is from the Barry & Enright school of overdramatics.
On The Joker's Wild, Jack would do that multiple times per show.

Especially in the early CBS shows, where when a contestant missed, he'd almost always say "...under the rules of the game I must now give your opponent a chance to answer...", or something to that effect.

Yes, even after a few weeks we KNOW those are the rules!
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2008, 02:46:52 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' post=\'193745\' date=\'Aug 10 2008, 11:30 AM\']
Especially in the early CBS shows, where when a contestant missed, he'd almost always say "...under the rules of the game I must now give your opponent a chance to answer...", or something to that effect.

Yes, even after a few weeks we KNOW those are the rules![/quote]
I point out once again that very likely Jack felt like he needed to make it clear that he was following the rules at every opportunity.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Mr. Bill

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2008, 12:02:35 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'193748\' date=\'Aug 10 2008, 02:46 PM\']

I point out once again that very likely Jack felt like he needed to make it clear that he was following the rules at every opportunity.
[/quote]

In all fairness to Jack, we must remember his role in the Quiz Show Scandal.  He apparently felt it necessary, even if it was redundant, to remind those viewers with long memories that he was not trying to cheat anymore.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2008, 12:12:24 AM »
[quote name=\'Mr. Bill\' post=\'193834\' date=\'Aug 11 2008, 09:02 PM\']
In all fairness to Jack, we must remember his role in the Quiz Show Scandal.  He apparently felt it necessary, even if it was redundant, to remind those viewers with long memories that he was not trying to cheat anymore.[/quote]
Precisely my point, sir. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Neumms

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2008, 12:17:21 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'193748\' date=\'Aug 10 2008, 01:46 PM\']

[/quote]

Especially after that occasion during the first week when he called out "Joker. . . Joker. . . Reptiles and Amphibians!" before the wheels had actually stopped.